Bombers FA Signings 2016

Noeller

11 hours ago, FrostyWinnipeg said:

5'8"? Toby Enstrom could keep the ball away from him!

should tell that to charles roberts keith stocks arland bruce gizmo williams and about 100 other under 5'9 play makers in cfl history.

to be 5'8 and stick in the nfl as long as he did, and actually play on a regular basis says alot. 

Dude runs through soo many tackles in that college clip. Runs like hes 6'4 245 xD

Smith looks like a toolsy big body project type. Read on a chargers scout report that he clocked 4.46 40 but doesnt play as fast. But that hes stronger then his weight and is at his best in short-intermediate possession type plays. Allways worth taking a chance on a big guy with tools. 

Pinkard looks like a guy alot of people had as a strong diamond in the rough late draft kind of guy until some off field issues at the end of his college career. Looks like an a well rounded guy. Good speed vert hands route running nothing great but a real wr and a real good frame for the cfl. 

Both these guys should be interesting to watch in camp. The wr crop has lots of talented and interesting prospects. Definitely position to watch imop for camp.

Looks like a gifted athlete will be fun to see what he can bring to camp.

4.47/41.5"/10'8" 6.65 cone and 4.09 shuttle. 

On the scouting front, National Football Post's Wes Bunting liked Talley's size at 6'1, his burst, and his ability to separate. Pro Football Weekly said Talley had an "athletic build", "smooth movement" and quickness in and out of his breaks. His 41.5 inch vertical (also reported by Pro Football Weekly) is probably his biggest asset, although both Bunting and PFW weren't thrilled about his hands and tendency to body-catch.

Talley can return kicks and punts and provide depth at slot receiver with potential to line up outside. If 2011 third-round pick Jerrel Jernigan doesn't have a good camp, Talley's time with Cruz could continue into the 2012 season and beyond.

Edited by wbbfan

Does anyone know the contract status of Coombs and Demski? I believe they are both FA next year. Could the Bombers consider going after either of these guys? With Harris here there is probably less need for him, but Demski would be a nice versatile guy to have and would be a nice promotional 1-2 punch with Harris.

Edited by Dirty30

Just now, Dirty30 said:

Does anyone know the contract status of Coombs and Demski? I believe the are both FA next year. Could the Bombers consider going after either of these guys? With Harris here there is probably less need for him, but Demski would be a nice versatile guy to have and would be a nice promotional 1-2 punch with Harris.

I'd love to see them here, if for no other reason than to see what other soapbox Friesent will go on since he was advocating the bombers sucking because we haven't had U of M or local players on the team. 

I believe the riders turned an even deeper shade of green (envy) when Andrew decided to come home...Sask. wanted him bad, and if you read any of their comments about the time Harris was available, they were certainly in the hunt..I'm glad he made the right choice and he gave the riders a ' thanx but NO thanx'...It kind of evens the score ,as far as I'm concerned, when you think that we lost a first round quality pick in Labatte to the pull of 'cmon home'..One of the best moves we've made in the offseason for a very long time...Luv it and I'm going to luv it even more when Harris runs the ball down their throat.

I've heard plenty of talk that Demski wants to play for the bombers. Don't know how that plays out against making money. But I'd imagine he makes it to FA barring any high deal the riders give him before that. Can we outbid every team to get him? Doubt it. So does his love of WPG over come his need for $$$? Who knows? I sure hope it does though. Stealing him away from the riders would be lovely!

46 minutes ago, Bigblue204 said:

I've heard plenty of talk that Demski wants to play for the bombers. Don't know how that plays out against making money. But I'd imagine he makes it to FA barring any high deal the riders give him before that. Can we outbid every team to get him? Doubt it. So does his love of WPG over come his need for $$$? Who knows? I sure hope it does though. Stealing him away from the riders would be lovely!

How much do you think Demski is worth?  I don't think money will be a problem at all if they want him.

1 hour ago, Bigblue204 said:

Perfect timing, when Demski's contract expires with the Riders, the Bombers will be ready to replace Harris.