Free Agency 2016...

Mr Dee

Shologan and Thomas, might not be the most impressive DT group but... they would get the job done i'm sure. 

I think Turners time in Winnipeg is coming to an end soon as i don't really think he's worth what he brings. DL was an issue last year outside of Westerman really, Anderson was ok for a guy coming off surgery but... for the most part, THE DL was pretty bad, why bring back players who are bad? it makes no sense. 

As a fan of the bombers and CFL, i've learned to not become 2 attached to some of the players because it's likely that they won't be here for very long. 

All the Jerseys i own, none are current bombers and i'm not sure i'd ever get a current bomber. Maybe i'd Consider Harris or Willy now tho but... for the most part, guys don't tend to spend their whole careers with 1 team anymore. 

29 minutes ago, Goalie said:

I don't think we are as close to the cap as some think we are. And if we are, Well, i can think of several players right now who will probably not be Bombers soon.

Turner, who is no doubt making a pretty penny or 2 will probably be traded or released. Bucknor is probably another guy that could be sent packing. I don't think a guy like Kohlert is in any danger, I think a guy like Peach could be sent packing, between those guys and the guys we let go already plus the cap went up 100,000 dollars, not much but enough to make a bit of a difference, don't think cap issues are there really. 

Picard,Moore = 350,000 plus... closer to probably 400,000. with the additional 100,000 cap space, Lets just call it 500,000. Yeah they signed Nichols but how much of that deal counted towards the 2015 cap, how much of Bryants extension or Goossens extension counted towards the 2015 cap. 

With moving on from guys like Pontbriand,Newman,Lirim,Washington, etc... there are some cap savings there too, yeah it might not be hundreds of thousands of dollars but a little birdy on twitter told me that had about 1.1 million to play with. I bet they didn't even spend that much today when it's all said and done.  They spent some cash today but... i'll bet they have plenty of cash left over also. 

What I suspect will happen in 2016 is Walters will spend closer to the cap and not have as much money left-over to push forward for next year's signings.  Could result in more Bombers heading to F.A. next year if nothing is left in the kitty.

I think Walters has already signed the guys he wants to be here "long term". 

I'd be willing to guess that the bombers probably don't have as many free agents last year as they do this year. 

The only exception being Sukh Chungh but wouldn't be surprised to hear he's signed an extension soon. 

Edited by Goalie

I'm sure Hufnagel would like nothing better than for us to continue to struggle. Considering we nearly beat him twice last season maybe we can send a little pain in his direction this season.

19 minutes ago, Goalie said:

I think Turners time in Winnipeg is coming to an end soon as i don't really think he's worth what he brings. DL was an issue last year outside of Westerman really, Anderson was ok for a guy coming off surgery but... for the most part, THE DL was pretty bad, why bring back players who are bad? it makes no sense.  

A lot of the team was pretty bad. Denmark was shut out or had little impact in many games. Willy has been broken for two years. Etc. Etc. We are thin on DLine and Turner has had some success before so I don't think the writing is on the wall yet. In fact many guys may yet lose their jobs as this team has been pretty bad for the last two years. 

I am indifferent whether Turner stays or goes. I am just saying the Bombers are not yet in a position to say for sure what happens to many players whose jobs have been put in doubt because of recent signings.

Added 5 starters in Harris, Smith, Dressler, Shologan, Cummings - really 6 starters with Medlock. Strong work from Walters and the Bombers. 

It doesn't sound like they overpaid for any (always tough to say without full numbers), which is another good sign. Players want to put on the blue and gold.