What about Jerome Messam?

B-F-F-C

I guess it depends on what happens with Andrew Harris but it appears that the Stamps aren't too interested in resigning him. 

I've always liked him as a player but there have been some rumours about him causing problems in the locker room.  That was a while ago and maybe he's matured as a man since then.    I think we could benefit from a true power back type of RB.   Plus I don't think he'd be that expensive.  

Thoughts?

17 minutes ago, Taynted_Fayth said:

Id take a pass only cuz I like marshall, and if cottons healthy thats a perfectly fine running duo. Not sure either if messam would need a ni backing him up. If volny is still on the roster, I wasnt too sold on him

Volny signed a 1 year deal with Montreal as a FA last season.

Hmmm. Living in saskatchewan I have never heard the media here mention anything about him being a problem in the dressing room when he was with the Riders...seems to me that those rumours tend to rise when a player goes from team to team...

I for one would love to see a dominant canadian in our backfield next year...Harris would be my first choice though

12 minutes ago, DR. CFL said:

It was interesting 2 years ago people here were talking about not wanting him here. Has that sentiment changed? Didn't I read somewhere that he said he wanted to play on what he believed was a contender given his age ?

Some wanted him back then and some didn't, probably the same as today.  One thing for sure, he has been a thorn in the Bombers side since he came out West.

2 hours ago, blueingreenland said:

Hmmm. Living in saskatchewan I have never heard the media here mention anything about him being a problem in the dressing room when he was with the Riders...seems to me that those rumours tend to rise when a player goes from team to team...

I for one would love to see a dominant canadian in our backfield next year...Harris would be my first choice though

The talk of him being a problem in the locker room go back to the early point of his career, and it's one of the things (combined with bouncing around team-to-team) why many weren't interested in him coming to the Bombers. But yes, he never got any kind of bad rap during his time in Saskatchewan, so it's entirely possible he's matured and would be a good asset to have.

BC traded him. Edmonton traded him. Montreal cut him. Saskatchewan traded him..in an all-star season, Calgary is letting him walk. 

It just seems weird that an all-star Canadian power back has played for 5 teams and is moving on again. 

What am I missing? Is it conditioning? Or is it the condition of things?

40 minutes ago, Mr Dee said:

BC traded him. Edmonton traded him. Montreal cut him. Saskatchewan traded him..in an all-star season, Calgary is letting him walk. 

It just seems weird that an all-star Canadian power back has played for 5 teams and is moving on again. 

I understand your concerns... but it's no surprise a guy with Messam's skillset can get more than one chance to show his stuff. Most recently when Sask traded him away in the middle of his All-Star season, they had also been eliminated from the playoffs already and were gearing up for a rebuild... by shedding some cap and getting some assets in return (3rd rounder, neg list player, and Kicker T Crapigna) ... not unlike us trading away Alex Hall, one of the lone bright spots in a dismal season.

46 minutes ago, holoman said:

Conditioning could be a factor. 

Messam is in much better game condition now than he was two years ago, faster too.  I think in the last two years he's begin to take his career more seriously and realizes the pay cheques won't last for long.  He might be one of these "nasty characters" that Leggett said was missing from the Bombers makeup at the end of last season.

Edited by Throw Long Bannatyne

23 hours ago, Mr Dee said:

I think thats part of the great deal amount of talk to his being a head case. But then juran bolden, mike sellers, and doug brown were all considered locker room problems in the nfl.