Around The League Off Season Discussion

Noeller

9 minutes ago, sweep the leg said:

Rider Stronson is losing it. His "market correction" line was great. It reminds me of their FA thread. Blame Walters for inflating salaries, until their GM does it too, then pretend it's different.

I'm getting a real kick out of that too.

What he got caught doing in that thread is so perfect. It's obvious that he has some team connections, but he definitely got busted taking his accurate information and added the Aardvark style commentary to it to make it more of a "story".

Market correction my ass.

1 minute ago, gcn11 said:

Fair enough. Stronson and Rotor are the new Nearsight and Migs.

Stronson and Rotor are pretty well connected, I'll give them that. But both of them, especially Stronson, have gotten a bit too high and mighty and find themselves guilty of feeling like they're allowed to make up whatever bull story they want and expecting no one to call them on it because of the "don't you know who we are?!" factor.

Just now, Mike said:

Stronson and Rotor are pretty well connected, I'll give them that. But both of them, especially Stronson, have gotten a bit too high and mighty and find themselves guilty of feeling like they're allowed to make up whatever bull story they want and expecting no one to call them on it because of the "don't you know who we are?!" factor.

They are spinning hard for Jones. Too hard and it's starting to affect their credibility.

Expecting rational thought or logic from Rider fans is just setting yourself up for disappointment. If your statement isn't "The riders are the best at everything" or some variation there of you are going to have people digging in and arguing with you because clearly you are out of your mind. 

6 minutes ago, Mike said:

Rotor's the guy who referred to Johnson & Hefney as "gang bangers" & "monkeys".

Thanks for pointing out the thread on RF, Mike. I hadn't visited it since Saturday. Some good stuff since then. Looks like it has come full circle and RS and Rotor are full on backpedalling now. I love it that it appears as though a couple Bomber fans are leading the charge and some of the Riderfans are even rallying around them. That's gotta hurt the old pride of RS and Rotor. When Bomber fans are being referred to as the voice of reason on RF that's priceless.

Oh god I read some of that thread out of boredom and my head absolutely hurts. The amount of spin going on by some rider fans who can't accept that they might have been in error is outrageous. They're going to fly right off the earth if they aren't careful. 

Been reading this Jill St. John thread.....

Spinning meat shields vs evil agendas......

This whole notion of the Riders somehow protecting the sanctity of the league, by defending some sort of an appropriate market level, during these negotiations....is literally jumping the shark backwards.

Entertaining stuff.....

Edited by do or die

...They're spinning this one over there on riders forum so hard it's making everyone dizzy...Sane heads and commentary have gone missing  and the covering for Jones is getting nauseating...Geez if Walters would've  pulled this off with Chungh (of course they feel that WE drove the entry level for first round pics over the top when we signed him) Kyle would never of heard the end of it...St. John looks at the moment, like he's off to greener pastures and not rider Greenland...Looks good on them and their pathetic whining. 

Regardless of any online bellowing, if they really want to do something "for the good of the league", they'll go 0-18, Jones' shine disappears and he becomes the second-coming of Mike Kelly, and sets the franchise back a decade. Get rid of all the fair-weather *fans* they have over there (most), and we can all enjoy the season a little more with the peace and quiet that comes from those guys not screaming to the whole world "DON'T YOU SEE HOW GREAT WE ARE? TELL US HOW GREAT WE ARE! DON'T YOU LIKE WATERMELONS????"

This market correction stuff is getting ridiculous... plus why would the Riders only want to offer St John a two year contract when he's asking for three??

Will be awesome when the bombers sign him as a free agent in 2018

4 hours ago, gcn11 said:

Fair enough. Stronson and Rotor are the new Nearsight and Migs.

They have a few insiders but I don't find either one of them to be particularly knowledgeable about football. It's hilarious the way Stronson praised Taman at this time last year only to see him do a complete 180 and call everything negative a GM does "Taman esque". 

Edited by Blueandgold

I've never had more fun on an online forum than I'm having today.

At this point I've had 5 or 6 Rider fans PM me to comment anonymously on the spin going on from their fellow fans in that thread. It's pretty amusing.

I hate saying this but some of those guys aren't all that bad.

7 minutes ago, Mike said:

He claims to this day that he didn't know they were black when he said that.

Seriously.

I know. He's a clown. He says he calls his kids monkeys and thinks it's the same. No explanation for the gang banger comment though.

He called me racist for calling him on it when it happened. He said I must be racist if I knew those terms were racist. I let that sink in for awhile, then decided he probably wasn't worth the effort.

16 minutes ago, Mike said:

He claims to this day that he didn't know they were black when he said that.

Seriously.

LOL. Without trying to sound racist myself when you are talking about a sport predominately played by black people and with a last name like Hefney can you truly believe he didn't know they were black?

11 minutes ago, sweep the leg said:

I know. He's a clown. He says he calls his kids monkeys and thinks it's the same. No explanation for the gang banger comment though.

He called me racist for calling him on it when it happened. He said I must be racist if I knew those terms were racist. I let that sink in for awhile, then decided he probably wasn't worth the effort.

52 minutes ago, sweep the leg said: