Around The League Off Season Discussion

Noeller

14 minutes ago, Ripper said:

Agreed, he would be fair game. He didn't want to come to Regina the first time, likely because he believed he had a better opportunity in Montreal to actually play. I can't see him viewing Regina any different now. I suspect if he gets no calls he will take whatever he can get. If he does get calls he will be looking for a home where he can be the clear number 2 guy. New management aside, Smith I suspect is our clear number 2 so again don't see the Riders as a option. Personally not sure I want us to even look at him. Red flags go up for me as to why he would be released ahead of Crompton, I suspect locker room issues or something else is at play.

Yeah it seems odd they would try to get rid of him before TC.

17 minutes ago, rebusrankin said:

Crompton is hurt.

Just a thought here, but doesn't that throw up even more red flags? If Crompton is hurt his salary is off the SMS books. Even more reason to see what Cato can do in camp. Clearly Cato showed some game when he played for a rookie. Now they have no interest? Why?

What are waivers? What is the waiver priority order? How is the waiver priority order determined? How long is the waiver period? Why do teams put players on waivers?

Before a team may terminate a player (release him from the contract), they must allow other teams to claim the player at the current contract. This process is called waivers. If a player clears waivers (is not claimed by another team) he is released and becomes a free agent. There are two types of waivers, with recall and without recall. With recall allows the team waiving the player to recall the player if claimed by any other club. Full details of the waiver rules (albeit outdated in some areas) can be found in the CFL By-laws, Section 4.

The waiver priority order is the order which teams are given the opportunity to claim a player. It is established based on the finish order from the previous season with the Grey Cup Champion having the least priority and the other club competing in the Grey Cup game have second least priority with the remaining teams ordered by their reverse order of finish, using the tie breaking procedures if necessary. After the first third of the season (all teams have played six games) and the second third of the season (all teams have played twelve games), the priority order changes to the current reverse order of the teams, using the tie breaking procedure if necessary.

From midnight after the Grey Cup game until midnight, May 15th, the waiver period shall not be less than seven days, not less than 48 hours from May 15th until the date final rosters must be set and not less than 24 hours from the date final rosters are set until the date of the Grey Cup.

https://cfldb.ca/faq/league/

18 minutes ago, Ripper said:

What are waivers? What is the waiver priority order? How is the waiver priority order determined? How long is the waiver period? Why do teams put players on waivers?

Before a team may terminate a player (release him from the contract), they must allow other teams to claim the player at the current contract. This process is called waivers. If a player clears waivers (is not claimed by another team) he is released and becomes a free agent. There are two types of waivers, with recall and without recall. With recall allows the team waiving the player to recall the player if claimed by any other club. Full details of the waiver rules (albeit outdated in some areas) can be found in the CFL By-laws, Section 4.

The waiver priority order is the order which teams are given the opportunity to claim a player. It is established based on the finish order from the previous season with the Grey Cup Champion having the least priority and the other club competing in the Grey Cup game have second least priority with the remaining teams ordered by their reverse order of finish, using the tie breaking procedures if necessary. After the first third of the season (all teams have played six games) and the second third of the season (all teams have played twelve games), the priority order changes to the current reverse order of the teams, using the tie breaking procedure if necessary.

From midnight after the Grey Cup game until midnight, May 15th, the waiver period shall not be less than seven days, not less than 48 hours from May 15th until the date final rosters must be set and not less than 24 hours from the date final rosters are set until the date of the Grey Cup.

https://cfldb.ca/faq/league/

Huh, look at that. Learn something everyday. Never heard of this before.

6 minutes ago, holoman said:

Cato is irrelevant now that he lost his passport. 

Is it in the mail? 

Cato had the physical tools and seemed to manage the game decently in his early winning streak.    I see more upside in him then like when Troy Smith was cut.  

The previous post is under review...

Good football news for a lot of teams and fans this off season, and some more good news as TSN is broadcasting ALL pre-season games this year!

Yeah!

http://www.tsn.ca/cfl/schedule

fdvrds.jpg

And here..http://www.tsn.ca/cfl-on-tsn-broadcast-schedule-1.439490

Edited by Mr Dee

3 hours ago, Mr Dee said:

Good football news for a lot of teams and fans this off season, and some more good news as TSN is broadcasting ALL pre-season games this year!

Yeah!

http://www.tsn.ca/cfl/schedule

fdvrds.jpg

I'm not so sure.  The games are listed on the schedule but it doesn't say they are broadcasting them.  If you go to the CFL on TSN tab, none of the pre-season games are listed in the broadcast schedule.

10 hours ago, Atomic said:

I'm not so sure.  The games are listed on the schedule but it doesn't say they are broadcasting them.  If you go to the CFL on TSN tab, none of the pre-season games are listed in the broadcast schedule.

Yes, I see that, and you could be right. The 1st few times I followed a link that led to the same conclusion. I had read that this was the case (full schedule) but I cannot locate that source. In the meantime I will have to delete that post until further notice.

NOPE - according to this article, pre-season is in...

And now I have to undelete that post because I found the link to the schedule...it is dated, however, so I hope they're not changing it.

http://www.tsn.ca/cfl-on-tsn-broadcast-schedule-1.439490 

Edited by Mr Dee

21 minutes ago, Floyd said:

You can't get rush service...?

According to the US Passport website, expedited service will take 3 weeks unless you can show you need it sooner. I don't know if that applies to replacing a lost one or not.

7 minutes ago, Bomber_fanaddict said:

This is one time I'm actually happy to hear that Jonathan Hardaway is the agent involved.

2 hours ago, Bomber_fanaddict said:

You just get the impression most CFL teams treat their draft picks like after thoughts. That they say all the right things about Canadians starting or signed yet take them for granted.