Around The League Off Season Discussion

Noeller

As an Oregon fan, I'm not really sold on Adams as a pro QB. He's got some serious flaws in his game that will make his transition into the pros a rocky one, if you ask me. 

That being said, he is very well suited for the CFL IF he can work past those technical issues and a few personal question marks.

First rounder though ... jeez what a joke 

I don't see Adams being much of a pro QB anywhere.  He doesn't have a very good arm.  He struggled with basic drills in a QB camp hype piece I watched that he was a part of on NFL Network.  They couldn't even make him look good.  Accuracy is a concern.

I also think he's one of those guys who thinks he'll come up to the CFL and get to play right away (likely part of the reason behind this trade).  If he doesn't check that attitude he won't make it through the season.

Two stunning stories, one fun, one laughable, the week before training camp opens across the league. Both stories involve somebody being duped.

1st of all, and maybe the better of the two stories is, Peter Dyakowski's totally made up 'best fans study' which stated Hamilton had the league's best fans, then Winnipeg, followed by Saskatchewan. If you can imagine the explosion of surprise and outrage, then you nailed it. Sask fans on Twitter, and on their one radio station, coming on in vehement disagreement with this notion. And totally falling for it. Good job Peter.

Then, in another hook, line and sinker story, Wally Buono, somehow got Jim Popp to trade his 1st round draft choice next year? For an unproven QB with a questionable résumé. Not the most remarkable trade news ever, but entertaining nonetheless. I guess Wally hasn't lost it after all.

12 hours ago, Goalie said:

Glenn. Cato. Bridge. Crompton. Adams. 

What is Poop thinking. Makes no sense. Imagine the bombers did this, people would be ripping Walters apart 

Correction...

Glenn, Cato, Crompton, Bridge*, Boyd, Burko* and Underdal*.. and Adams if he signs.

* Canadian QBs

4 hours ago, Throw Long Bannatyne said:

Winnipeg is #2!!!

Dyakowski  sure pulled a good one on those rider frumps....LOL...Bit right into their ego's and they bit the big one...I laughed so hard I thought my pants would never dry...Embarrassed the heck out of them and I bet they won't forget that hosing for awhile...It's funny they didn't try to run a poll right after that phony interview to see if they were still legends in their own minds...Gotta luv it...This would have been a winner as the best fooler on April one...Winnipeg rated as no 2 should have sent the green guys over the edge and their fan base had to have gone ballistic ...Hey hey...good one Peter, I'm now a fan...at least till we play ya... 

I really liked Vernon Adams in Oregon last year... the offense suffered horribly in the bowl game when he got hurt before half... that being said, he has never taken a pro snap and has no guarantee of being a productive pro... he went undrafted and had 2 unsuccessful NFL workouts (I believe Seattle and NE??)... right now it looks like Buono completely raped Popp in this trade.... 

7 minutes ago, bearpants said:

Just thinking... it's not inconceivable that BC could have the first and second overall pick next year...

Conceivable but pretty hard to predict as parity is being established throughout the league and every team has "potential".  No team wants to claim the number one draft pick for next year but hard-luck and disaster will prevail for a few of them so I concede it fall upon the Riders and the Als as deserving candidates.