Around The League Off Season Discussion

Noeller

damn i was almost ahead of the curve last fall, i said denmark for owens,  wild for chick

good pick up for sask, but they need a solid 1-2 in front of him to make him that much more effective.

**curious in a trade situation,  does the team inherit the existing contract with the incoming player or is it re-negotiate from scratch?

1 hour ago, Taynted_Fayth said:

damn i was almost ahead of the curve last fall, i said denmark for owens,  wild for chick

good pick up for sask, but they need a solid 1-2 in front of him to make him that much more effective.

**curious in a trade situation,  does the team inherit the existing contract with the incoming player or is it re-negotiate from scratch?

You inherit the existing contract

Along with signing Denmark the Riders released 5 today.

RIDERS RELEASE 5

The Riders also announced they released the following players:

National receiver Alex Carroll
National running back Brandon Deschamps
National fullback Carl Fitzgerald
International defensive lineman Sage Harold
International running back Stephen Houston

4 hours ago, J5V said:

I think it's awesome that Sask gets a receiver that won't run away from anyone and  won't fight for a ball. Just awesome!

Denmark made a lot of catches he had no business making, and they were thrown to him by a dozen different QB's. They got a player they can use in Denmark. Not a world beater, but a solid receiver. 

6 hours ago, J5V said:

I think it's awesome that Sask gets a receiver that won't run away from anyone and  won't fight for a ball. Just awesome!

aww look at you trying to come up with a witty comment. Please see the calgary game (at CGY) last year (that's where he ran away from some people, I have more examples if you need) Or just check out this handy video (pay close attention at 1:14. 

Edit - I should also mention this video doesn't really show the multiple deep balls that were thrown his way that were horribly under thrown, that if they had been properly placed would have resulted in a TD, instead all CD could do was make the catch.

Edited by Bigblue204

If it weren't for Denmark, Justin Goltz and Brian Brohm would have zero Bomber career highlights. Which kinda says it all.  The one year that Denmark had a bona fide CFL passer for most of the games, he hit 1000 yards.

Good luck to him, he was one of the few bright lights in a bunch of dismal seasons and I wish there was some way we could've kept him in Blue even after signing Smith and Dressler.

Edited by johnzo

Clarence Denmark talking to his agent:

Agent: Hey Clarence, good news!  I got you a contract.

Clarence: Alright, where am I going?

Agent:  Well, remember what you told me when you got released by the Bombers? "I want to play again in the worst way."

Clarence: Oh God, please tell me you didn't...

Agent: Yep, report to Regina next week.  Congratulations Clarence, you're playing - in the worst way.

Clarence: You're fired.

Edited by WBBFanWest

17 hours ago, Bigblue204 said:

aww look at you trying to come up with a witty comment. Please see the calgary game (at CGY) last year (that's where he ran away from some people, I have more examples if you need) Or just check out this handy video (pay close attention at 1:14. 

Edit - I should also mention this video doesn't really show the multiple deep balls that were thrown his way that were horribly under thrown, that if they had been properly placed would have resulted in a TD, instead all CD could do was make the catch.

Thanks for making my point. So at 1:14 he comes back to pick up an under-thrown ball and, gets tackled. None of your highlights show him outfighting anyone for a ball either. There are things Clarence does well, runs good routes, has good hands, and I always liked him and have posted highlights of him in this very forum. But Sask signing him doesn't scare me for the reasons I mentioned. That is all. No need to get bent outa shape. But hey, show me highlights of his blazing speed as he pulls away from the coverage and show me highlights of him out-battling DBs for a ball and I'll change my mind but I've never seen it. He just isn't that kind of a receiver.

19 hours ago, MOBomberFan said:

Denmark made a lot of catches he had no business making, and they were thrown to him by a dozen different QB's. They got a player they can use in Denmark. Not a world beater, but a solid receiver. 

I don't disagree.

4 hours ago, J5V said:

Thanks for making my point. So at 1:14 he comes back to pick up an under-thrown ball and, gets tackled. None of your highlights show him outfighting anyone for a ball either. There are things Clarence does well, runs good routes, has good hands, and I always liked him and have posted highlights of him in this very forum. But Sask signing him doesn't scare me for the reasons I mentioned. That is all. No need to get bent outa shape. But hey, show me highlights of his blazing speed as he pulls away from the coverage and show me highlights of him out-battling DBs for a ball and I'll change my mind but I've never seen it. He just isn't that kind of a receiver.

You're like the Tim Burke of our site.