semi final games

Mark F

26,306 in tha house for the West Division Semifinal. That’s brutal. #GCplayoffs

— Scott Mitchell (@SUNMitchell)

November 16, 2015

All I’ve heard for three years is how no one wants to sit in minus-30 conditions for playoff games in CGY. Fair. I guess plus-10, too.

November 16, 2015

When the marquee franchise can't get 35k or so to a semi final their is something wrong

November 16, 2015

All I’ve heard for three years is how no one wants to sit in minus-30 conditions for playoff games in CGY. Fair. I guess plus-10, too.

November 16, 2015

When the marquee franchise can't get 35k or so to a semi final their is something wrong

Look back over the past couple decades and see how attendance was for semi-finals in both conferences.  26 is probably right around the median, maybe slightly above.

For back-to back semis in 2002 and 2003, the Bombers drew 22,000 - 23,000.  For the 2007 semi-final Bombers drew 23,000.  BC, Edmonton and Calgary have never been know to draw great crowds for semi-finals either.  Sasky was 3000 short of a sellout in 2013 for the semi.

sorry, blueandgodguy I meant Calgary over B.C..

ps

broncos game first 8 possessions 3 int 5 punts.... manning benched.

must be a first.

Ok, I thought you were talking about the east semi-final.  My mistake.

Manning looks to be done at this point.

You're probably right. He was a beauty though.

I don't know why you guys who love to watch NFL football have to come on here and rag on the league that I enjoy watching. Watch your football and let me watch mine. I don't care how superior you think it is, why do you feel the need to tell me about it?

All I can say is, if you don't like the caliber of play in the CFL as opposed to the magnificent NFL, then why watch the CFL?

To each his own.

Rant over..

November 16, 2015

November 16, 2015

Look back over the past couple decades and see how attendance was for semi-finals in both conferences.  26 is probably right around the median, maybe slightly above.

For back-to back semis in 2002 and 2003, the Bombers drew 22,000 - 23,000.  For the 2007 semi-final Bombers drew 23,000.  BC, Edmonton and Calgary have never been know to draw great crowds for semi-finals either.  Sasky was 3000 short of a sellout in 2013 for the semi.

Seems like a reasonably fixable problem for the spiffy new commish. to solve...seriously.  Makes no sense that attendance drops off for playoff games.  To start with don't crank playoff ticket prices up above regular season prices and start the season 2-4 weeks earlier to keep the fair-weather fans interested.

November 16, 2015

November 16, 2015

Seems like a reasonably fixable problem for the spiffy new commish. to solve...seriously.  Makes no sense that attendance drops off for playoff games.  To start with don't crank playoff ticket prices up above regular season prices and start the season 2-4 weeks earlier to keep the fair-weather fans interested.

They didn't crank ticket prices up in Calgary though.  Tonnes of $35 - $45 tickets available too which is the same price those seats sell for in the regular season.  If teams choose not to sell playoff games as part of their regular season packages, which I believe Calgary does not do, then it will be tough to sell 35,000 individual tickets for semi-final games.  

The best the league will do is move the season up one more week so the first week of the regular season does not overlap with the final week of the Stanley Cup playoffs.  Another factor is the draft.  The league will not move the season up any earlier than mid-June (late-May for training camp) due to the NFL and CFL draft.  People need to accept this.  

If by some crazy chance we see a 10th team in the CFL, the Grey Cup will happen an additional week earlier in mid-November.  Here's hoping...

They didn't crank ticket prices up in Calgary though.  Tonnes of $35 - $45 tickets available too which is the same price those seats sell for in the regular season.  If teams choose not to sell playoff games as part of their regular season packages, which I believe Calgary does not do, then it will be tough to sell 35,000 individual tickets for semi-final games.  

The best the league will do is move the season up one more week so the first week of the regular season does not overlap with the final week of the Stanley Cup playoffs.  Another factor is the draft.  The league will not move the season up any earlier than mid-June (late-May for training camp) due to the NFL and CFL draft.  People need to accept this.  

If by some crazy chance we see a 10th team in the CFL, the Grey Cup will happen an additional week earlier in mid-November.  Here's hoping...

I was thinking yesterday how nice it would be to have a Grey Cup in Winnipeg in mid-November in 10 degrees...

November 16, 2015

November 16, 2015

Calgary isn't as rock solid in their attendance as people want to believe. Too many NFL only douchebags in this town who don't give a **** about the CFL. 

November 16, 2015

November 16, 2015

Calgary isn't as rock solid in their attendance as people want to believe. Too many NFL only douchebags in this town who don't give a **** about the CFL. 

Too many economic migrants that have no past connection to the Stamps or Calgary in general who just want to jump on the flashiest party train, basically soulless zombies attracted to bright, shiny objects.

November 16, 2015

November 16, 2015

Too many economic migrants that have no past connection to the Stamps or Calgary in general who just want to jump on the flashiest party train, basically soulless zombies attracted to bright, shiny objects.

I was trying to find a way to say exactly this, and you hit it on the head. This is Calgary to a tee...."What's the cool thing right now? We need to be a part of that!!"

November 16, 2015

November 16, 2015

Like I said, douchebags. 

November 16, 2015

November 16, 2015

Like I said, douchebags. 

In polite company, we simply refer to them as "Calgarians".  All present will normally respond with a knowing "ah, yes, Calgarians" and  nod sagely

November 16, 2015

November 16, 2015

Like I said, douchebags. 

In polite company, we simply refer to them as "Calgarians".  All present will normally respond with a knowing "ah, yes, Calgarians" and  nod sagely

I refuse to even refer to myself as an Albertan because of this known fact of them. I prefer, simply, "Manitoban-in-Alberta"....