Grey Cup Halftime Show is Fall Out Boy

mikey d

I'd be floored if "we" landed the Foo especially given the relative crap that the half time show has seen since....well, my lifetime. One of rock's greatest acts in recent memory - I'd buy a ticket just to see them.

If True North is involved in helping book the band, I wouldn't completely rule it out.  TN already handles the IGF booking iirc.

I'd be floored if "we" landed the Foo especially given the relative crap that the half time show has seen since....well, my lifetime. One of rock's greatest acts in recent memory - I'd buy a ticket just to see them.

If True North is involved in helping book the band, I wouldn't completely rule it out.  TN already handles the IGF booking iirc.

Nobody in Winnipeg has anything to do with booking the entertainment for Grey Cup. The league itself is solely responsible for the Grey Cup and it's half time entertainment. The team is waiting on the announcement as much as anyone else. It's all up to the league.

for larger scale bands its not uncommon to have like 6 guitars on hand, not because guitars 1-5 are being destroyed, but are set to different tuning and accessible for instant change between songs without delay

This....each one is tuned to a different key, so you can swap out from song to song, without having to stand there and tune while the audience gets bored. Standard practice. 

Oh they did go ahead with tour? I remember reading the story that it was being cancelled but he did finush the show sitting in a chair with his leg propped up like in the pic

I believe they did the whole tour... I'm sure some research can confirm or refute that... I don't care enough to look it up  :D

They did their Calgary concert in August.

in 2006 they announced Nelly Furtado in week 16, or 17, so it should be announced shortly

Another bad show I had to watch because I was there.  Now, I was drunk........so that's good

Meh, to each their own.  Pop star not to everyone's taste, especially guys but it was the only Grey Cup here that got it right.  Brought in a hot international act at the time which is what they should always try to do for the halftime show.

in 2006 they announced Nelly Furtado in week 16, or 17, so it should be announced shortly

Another bad show I had to watch because I was there. Now, I was drunk........so that's good

Meh, to each their own. Pop star not to everyone's taste, especially guys but it was the only Grey Cup here that got it right. Brought in a hot international act at the time which is what they should always try to do for the halftime show.

Not that it makes a difference, but Nelly Furtado is Canadian, she's from Victoria BC.

Another bad show I had to watch because I was there. Now, I was drunk........so that's good
Meh, to each their own. Pop star not to everyone's taste, especially guys but it was the only Grey Cup here that got it right. Brought in a hot international act at the time which is what they should always try to do for the halftime show.

Not that it makes a difference, but Nelly Furtado is Canadian, she's from Victoria BC.

Yes, I realize that.  I am just pointing out that she was a very popular international act at the time.

have they booked an anthem singer yet!?  

If the Foos play the halftime show, that will be insane!  Arguably the biggest rock band in the world right now... if somehow this gets pulled off, it would honestly wash away the crap season we finish up on Friday.... and I realize it has nothing to do with football, but they are my favourite band, and I passed on going to their show in Vancouver in lieu of Banjo Bowl.

This wait for the announcement is gonna suck!