Grey Cup Halftime Show is Fall Out Boy

mikey d

Who ever it is given the date and the likelihood of chilly weather would anyone actually be performing or is it just a sing along with canned music?

Back in 2000 I believe the Guess Who's instruments were pre-recorded while Burt did sing live.  Something about the cold affecting guitars?

Cold affects everything... 

The pre-taping for stuff like this, and awards shows, has more to do with timing than anything. They need to make sure that the half time fits the TV schedule, and it's easier to do that when they have the exact time ahead of time.....thus, pre-recording.....

If you want to see the band,

For a second there I thought you meant The Band... which would be awesome... although I don't believe they are still together...

Who ever it is given the date and the likelihood of chilly weather would anyone actually be performing or is it just a sing along with canned music?

Back in 2000 I believe the Guess Who's instruments were pre-recorded while Burt did sing live.  Something about the cold affecting guitars?

The cold weather would absolutely affect the tuning... legit reason in my books

Foo Fighters and Grey Cup starting to trend.

This would make it worth the price of the ticket... but I'm not holding my breath....

For a second there I thought you meant The Band... which would be awesome... although I don't believe they are still together...

This would make it worth the price of the ticket... but I'm not holding my breath....

Foo Fighters would be a major coup .. would be awesome for the league and for Winnipeg .. but I have my doubts this is happening.

The Band would be great but they'd have a few problems performing a live show.  3 dead and counting but if the music is canned anyway, why the hell not?

The pre-taping for stuff like this, and awards shows, has more to do with timing than anything. They need to make sure that the half time fits the TV schedule, and it's easier to do that when they have the exact time ahead of time.....thus, pre-recording.....

plus you try and play instruments in the cold it's going to sound like utter **** anyway.

The Band would be great but they'd have a few problems performing a live show.  3 dead and counting but if the music is canned anyway, why the hell not?

I'm not up-to-date on who's alive in that band... I just know that they're awesome... I thought I recalled some incarnation of The Band doing shows recently... unless that was just a dream  <_<  or I'm thinking of a completely different band

I'm not up-to-date on who's alive in that band... I just know that they're awesome... I thought I recalled some incarnation of The Band doing shows recently... unless that was just a dream  <_<  or I'm thinking of a completely different band

I'm not sure if it was the bad but I recall David Grohl recently breaking his leg( may not have been broken but at least seriously hurt) while on stage and finishing his show. 

I'm not sure if it was the bad but I recall David Grohl recently breaking his leg( may not have been broken but at least seriously hurt) while on stage and finishing his show. 

I believe that happened back in June or July... and he finished the tour on this...

_84075590_84074141.jpg

possibly healed up by now?

Oh they did go ahead with tour? I remember reading the story that it was being cancelled but he did finish the show sitting in a chair with his leg propped up like in the pic - guess the fact hes in a cast in that pic answers that lol. Is it just me or does his leg look really warped in that pic from his knee to his foot?

Oh they did go ahead with tour? I remember reading the story that it was being cancelled but he did finush the show sitting in a chair with his leg propped up like in the pic

I believe they did the whole tour... I'm sure some research can confirm or refute that... I don't care enough to look it up  :D