Henoc Muamba signs with Als

gbill2004

Here is something that a lot of fans tend to forget.... The huge free agent deals are often the ones that teams regret the most. You get a great player for sure, but he eats up a large chunk of your cap space and if he doesn't live up to the very high expectations it becomes a lightning rod for criticism. Generally the best free agent deals are the under the radar ones where you snag a guy on the verge of breaking out and get good value for money. Let's not worry about Muamba too much, we're getting good play from our linebackers in my opinion for a lot cheaper than if Muamba was here. Would have loved to have him here, but he's in Montreal and so be it. 

Like Sam Hurl!  ;)

Interesting that the contract info yesterday said 2 more years after this season, now it's only 1? Does that mean the 1st source was wrong, which means the salary numbers are probably wrong too, or is the second source wrong.

At the time that info was reported it was thought he was signing with the Eskimos.

And if you read the tweet I posted from the Als official feed, they say 2 years.

One of those "2 years" might include remainder of this year.
It means this season and next - just like you posted before.

Not what they said on TSN today. This year plus 2

TSN was wrong.

@JacquieWinnipeg: @HerbZurkowsky1 Confused about Muamba contract. Als tweeted it was 2 years which means this season and next season, doesn't it?

@HerbZurkowsky1: @JacquieWinnipeg yes

Interesting that the contract info yesterday said 2 more years after this season, now it's only 1? Does that mean the 1st source was wrong, which means the salary numbers are probably wrong too, or is the second source wrong.

At the time that info was reported it was thought he was signing with the Eskimos.

And if you read the tweet I posted from the Als official feed, they say 2 years.

TSN was wrong.

@JacquieWinnipeg: @HerbZurkowsky1 Confused about Muamba contract. Als tweeted it was 2 years which means this season and next season, doesn't it?

Cool thanks for that. Makes me feel better knowing we passed on him or he passed on us or whatevs.

TSN was wrong.

Nice work, Jacquie.

While I totally understand that football is a business and I also understand that players have to make hay while the sun shines, it nevertheless

irritates me to no end when a players turns their nose up at the organization who put in the time to develop them to become what they are today.

There is no loyalty in sport any longer as the all mighty dollar rules all. I can only wonder where we would have been if that were the case back in the 50s and 60s where loyalty to the organization and teammates meant something. Frankly I'm glad he is gone, hope he falls on his rear end and didn't think he was that good in the first place. He was good at letting people know he made a play though but sure was absent when he screwed on up. Just my thoughts on a greedy football player.

While I totally understand that football is a business and I also understand that players have to make hay while the sun shines, it nevertheless

irritates me to no end when a players turns their nose up at the organization who put in the time to develop them to become what they are today.

There is no loyalty in sport any longer as the all mighty dollar rules all. I can only wonder where we would have been if that were the case back in the 50s and 60s where loyalty to the organization and teammates meant something. Frankly I'm glad he is gone, hope he falls on his rear end and didn't think he was that good in the first place. He was good at letting people know he made a play though but sure was absent when he screwed on up. Just my thoughts on a greedy football player.

If he's no good, he can be cut tomorrow.  You're right though, football is a tough business.

There is no loyalty in sport any longer as the all mighty dollar rules all.

Don't paint all players with the same brush. There are plenty of players who have re-signed with their former team when they could have gotten more money elsewhere.

Exactly. Look at Ian Wild.

Milt was super loyal too. He could have won a Grey Cup elsewhere, but said if he was going to win a Grey Cup it was going to be in Winnipeg.

I read that CFL GMs will want to add some kind of restricted free agency in the next collective agreement for players wanting to shop their services as free agents. As in, the team in danger of losing a player has the right to match the offer another team is giving them. If they match the player stays. I'm all for that. A team invests money into drafted players & develops them. Then loses them with nothing coming back. The CFLPA may not like it but I don't think it would be something they'd strike over. Like to see it happen.

I read that CFL GMs will want to add some kind of restricted free agency in the next collective agreement for players wanting to shop their services as free agents. As in, the team in danger of losing a player has the right to match the offer another team is giving them. If they match the player stays. I'm all for that. A team invests money into drafted players & develops them. Then loses them with nothing coming back. The CFLPA may not like it but I don't think it would be something they'd strike over. Like to see it happen.

It absolutely needs to be done .. makes for a healthier league all around ..

I hate that. I don't wish for any player to be stuck on horrible teams like Winnipeg or Saskatchewan. Especially when a team can cut you outright at any time with no questions asked.

yes there are some loyal players out there Wild is one as you state. However many of the others noted are from old school not today's breed. However I'm sure that can be debated. I also heard that there is much discussion regarding Free agency after 2 years for rookies in the CFL. Perhaps they should adopt something like the NFL or the NHL or perhaps something like: the first 4 years of your career belong to the team who drafts you and develops you. Then you can become a restricted free agent with your draft team having the option to match any offers. That way the team at least has an opportunity to experience the benefit of their hard work and the player has an opportunity to solidify their reputation based on their level of play. The way it is now a team develops a player and while he may have a great second year, he can shop himself around or jump to the NFL. What does the team get in return, diddly squat. Don't think that is fair. Oh and as for Muamba, frankly we don't need him, good bye

yes there are some loyal players out there Wild is one as you state. However many of the others noted are from old school not today's breed. However I'm sure that can be debated. I also heard that there is much discussion regarding Free agency after 2 years for rookies in the CFL. Perhaps they should adopt something like the NFL or the NHL or perhaps something like: the first 4 years of your career belong to the team who drafts you and develops you. Then you can become a restricted free agent with your draft team having the option to match any offers. That way the team at least has an opportunity to experience the benefit of their hard work and the player has an opportunity to solidify their reputation based on their level of play. The way it is now a team develops a player and while he may have a great second year, he can shop himself around or jump to the NFL. What does the team get in return, diddly squat. Don't think that is fair. Oh and as for Muamba, frankly we don't need him, good bye

Yeah, he wouldn't have helped, especially late when we needed a stop. I wonder if he regrets his decision to not come here after that loss by the Blue yesterday.

Yeah, he wouldn't have helped, especially late when we needed a stop. I wonder if he regrets his decision to not come here after that loss by the Blue yesterday.

The Bomber defence was good enough. The offense was comatose for the first half and a bit. Muamba wouldn't have changed that, and the Eskies' running game was not what did us in.

MTL signed Kelvin Muamba to PR. Probably part of Henoc's deal?

Pretty sad part of the deal is that your not good enough brother has to play on the same team. Maybe they sign cauchy to a big deal next offseason. He is terrible.

I am of the pretty strong belief that we only signed Cauchy to try and get Henoc to extend.