Bombers trade for rights of Tajh Boyd

Jpan85

Their oc really liked the fake end-around.

Hey I'd use it. it works. Especially at college level where defence has to be superhyped on every game and not pro level personnnel. Mind you we aren't going to see the play where the linebacker knifed through and broke up the play.

Thanks for the highlights Fanboy. Holy smokes, kid has a rifle for an arm, a nice touch, a gorgeous pump-fake, and can run the ball. However, the offense he was running had all kinds of mis-direction, slants, reverses, etc. We don't do any of that here. 

In a perfect world, we don't see Tajh Boyd throw a pass for us until sometime in 2017. Sure would be nice to have an extended period of stability at QB.

Would that be before or after they cart Willy off the field for the last time? Kidding ... ;)

Kidding!! Just the thought makes my lunch heavy in my belly. Like all coaches get fired, all quarterbacks get injured ; but for the love of all things blue please don't joke about it. 

WINNIPEG, MB., September 15, 2015 – The Winnipeg Blue Bombers announce today the club has acquired the negotiation list rights to quarterback Tajh Boyd, in exchange for a conditional pick in the 2017 CFL Draft. Boyd has also been added to the club’s practice roster.

Boyd (6-0, 225, Clemson, September 25, 1990 in Hampton, Virginia) played four seasons at Clemson, his final three as the starter. As a senior he led the Tigers to an Orange Bowl victory, where he threw for five touchdowns and ran for another. He holds school records for passing yards and passing touchdowns with 11,904 and 107, respectively. The New York Jets drafted Boyd in the sixth round of the 2014 draft. Following his stint there he signed with the Steelers, where he spent the 2015 training camp.  Among his collegiate accomplishments, Boyd was named ACC Player of the Year in 2012, ACC record for touchdowns thrown in a season (36) and the MVP of the Chick-fil-A Bowl in 2012.

Their oc really liked the fake end-around.

Hey I'd use it. it works. Especially at college level where defence has to be superhyped on every game and not pro level personnnel. Mind you we aren't going to see the play where the linebacker knifed through and broke up the play.

Thanks for the highlights Fanboy. Holy smokes, kid has a rifle for an arm, a nice touch, a gorgeous pump-fake, and can run the ball. However, the offense he was running had all kinds of mis-direction, slants, reverses, etc. We don't do any of that here. 

Not my highlights. I am way too lazy to find them, but I agree with you the misdirection works really well in college but not so much in pro level. He kind of threw into coverage but hey if I had number 6 catching for me I might take chance every once in a while. All the motion before ball snaps that every CFL team uses is a kind of misdirection that often sets up successful plays. 

Interesting Bob Irving says Boyd could be Drew Willy’s backup next season. Bob’s usually pretty plugged into what the Bombers are thinking. This could suggest Nichol’s isn’t re-signing before testing free agency.

I would say it's pretty obvious that he'll test free agency, why wouldn't he?

Yeah I'll be happy if he puts up Warren Moon type numbers!Its easy kid! Lol.Amazing how people down in the USA think it's so easy in the CFL for these guys.Hope the kid does well though looks like he has all the tools.

On the Boyd highlights, it would be nice to sign #6 ...wow...what a Receiver.

Not sure the Houston Texans would be open to a trade offer from us. :lol:
How about Sam Hurl for Deandre Hopkins? Henoc can replace Hurl and Brian Cushing is always injured, so Hurl can play MLB for Houston. A win-win! Walters get er done!