Pat Tracy Fired

saskbluefan

No one is suggesting that we bankrupt the club. My point was that we might get the BOD 's attention if all the losing affected the bottom line. I don't think they much care as long as the $$$ is there and keeps coming in. 

Look at what they have put in place for us ...

Miller, a rookie at running a football club and unproven.

Walters, never been a GM before, not here, not anywhere. Also unproven.

Mike O'Shea, a rookie head coach, unproven.

Marcel Bellefeuille, failed as an OC everywhere he has been. Not even a has-been. A never-was. Unproven.

Pat Tracey, just fired as ST coach. Totally washed out here. Unproven.

Richie Hall, questionable hire but better than Etcheverry who was a total disaster. As yet, unproven.

I'll stop there but this looks like a Walmart list of cheap Chinese knock-offs! Where is the good stuff? The Bob Youngs, Hufnagels, Buonos, Austins, Steinauers, Wetenhalls, Popps, Calvillos, Desjardins, Hunts, Braleys, Stublers, Dickensons, Herveys, Rhodes, Jones, etc.?

Is this what the loyal fans of the Winnipeg Blue Bombers deserve after 25 years of misery? Wade Miller and the Keystone Cops? Please tell me it's not true. 

So just so I know, how many times will you have to be told that the BoD had NOTHING to do with any of those hires except for Wade Miller?  

Ultimately, the **** falls on the BOD if the underling hirings don't work out.

I'm guessing you haven't been on a lot of boards.

I have experience on one here in Calgary. We did hire 3 head football coaches for 3 different community teams under the same organization when I was on that board over 3 years from 2004 thru 2006. I actually helped set up that very board as our first bantam team went from being an expansion team being run exclusively by the league that set it up to a team part of that league but acting independent of it decisions wise. Under the board, our organization grew from one bantam team with 34 kids (ages 13-15)  to 2 atom teams (ages 8-10), a pee wee team (ages 11 & 12) & a midget team (ages 15-17) with nearly 200 players.

I congratulate you on your involvement in your community.  Boards like that need good people who are prepared to roll up their sleeves and get the dirty work done.  Having said that, I can assure you that the type of board you sat on is very different from that of the Bombers.  I've been on NGO boards, community boards like the one you have served on and corporate boards.  The Bombers will function very much like the corporate boards.  They'll approve budgets, set overall goals for the corporation, set policies and by-laws, review various aspects of the organization and receive reports from Miller, and if required, from other senior managers.  What they won't do is personnel stuff or football operation stuff.  Trust me, you do not want a board messing with that stuff.  Ever.

The broken record is in the win loss department. You decide who is responsible and happily let me know. The blame game has started with one axe falling. If the record doesn't improve who is then responsible? Let me know?

The broken record is in the win loss department. You decide who is responsible and happily let me know. The blame game has started with one axe falling. If the record doesn't improve who is then responsible? Let me know?

Nah...why would I do that...you are convinced you already know...over and over and over again. Check your own posts.

Some one has to be accountable for a poor product doesn't matter what you are selling. Football is just another business.

Absolutely correct and if I'm just crazy for suggesting the BODs have some responsibility for this mess then it must be someone else. How about Wade Miller?

Mr. Miller doesn't seem to mind granting interviews after a big win, like the one against the Riders to start the campaign. Maybe someone should be asking him if he'd grant another and explain the current state of affairs to the fans of this football team after getting beat by that very same Rider team just a few short days ago. A Rider team that hadn't won a single game this year until they went up against us for the second time.

He could always use the opportunity to crow about the profits the team made last year but he'd be hard pressed to push for Grey Cup ticket sales again with his team now 3-6 this year and 5-17 in the last 22 games. His team is going nowhere fast and for a guy who's philosophy is to "create a winning culture" and to "concentrate on being competitive and winning games" he is achieving exactly the opposite. As for "serving sponsors and fans and winning them back one conversation at a time" I'd suggest he is driving them away instead.

Nice work iso.

Thanks. When I was made the head coach by the Calgary Bantam Football Association in January of 2004 they gave me a bag of 6 footballs & four tackling dummies (not kidding) & that was it. I had roughly 6 months to find coaches, a place to practice, a clubhouse, an equipment manager & a team manager as well as recruit players. It was a huge challenge & almost a full time job that first year. We created the board so we could take advantage of government grants available to sports team as well as being able to fund raise so we could grow as an organization. Yes, our board hired head coaches. The Board did not hire assistants. But we did do as much background checks as we could on prospective HC candidates. All of the candidates we hired were local Calgary coaches so they were fairly well known. 

No one is suggesting that we bankrupt the club. My point was that we might get the BOD 's attention if all the losing affected the bottom line. I don't think they much care as long as the $$$ is there and keeps coming in. 

Marcel Bellefeuille, failed as an OC everywhere he has been. Not even a has-been. A never-was. Unproven.

Richie Hall, questionable hire but better than Etcheverry who was a total disaster. As yet, unproven.

I'll stop there but this looks like a Walmart list of cheap Chinese knock-offs! Where is the good stuff? The Bob Youngs, Hufnagels, Buonos, Austins, Steinauers, Wetenhalls, Popps, Calvillos, Desjardins, Hunts, Braleys, Stublers, Dickensons, Herveys, Rhodes, Jones, etc.?

Is this what the loyal fans of the Winnipeg Blue Bombers deserve after 25 years of misery? Wade Miller and the Keystone Cops? Please tell me it's not true. 

So just so I know, how many times will you have to be told that the BoD had NOTHING to do with any of those hires except for Wade Miller?  

I have experience on one here in Calgary. We did hire 3 head football coaches for 3 different community teams under the same organization when I was on that board over 3 years from 2004 thru 2006. I actually helped set up that very board as our first bantam team went from being an expansion team being run exclusively by the league that set it up to a team part of that league but acting independent of it decisions wise. Under the board, our organization grew from one bantam team with 34 kids (ages 13-15)  to 2 atom teams (ages 8-10), a pee wee team (ages 11 & 12) & a midget team (ages 15-17) with nearly 200 players.

I congratulate you on your involvement in your community.  Boards like that need good people who are prepared to roll up their sleeves and get the dirty work done.  Having said that, I can assure you that the type of board you sat on is very different from that of the Bombers.  I've been on NGO boards, community boards like the one you have served on and corporate boards.  The Bombers will function very much like the corporate boards.  They'll approve budgets, set overall goals for the corporation, set policies and by-laws, review various aspects of the organization and receive reports from Miller, and if required, from other senior managers.  What they won't do is personnel stuff or football operation stuff.  Trust me, you do not want a board messing with that stuff.  Ever.

Thank you. The Blue Bomber board will fire Miller if they don't believe he is doing the job. I imagine if that happened they could do a total housecleaning if need be by firing Walters & MOS. Not beyond the realm of possibility. However, it's all about timing & when (if) it happens. In reality, firing Miller means the team didn't do well so a trickle down effect would take place anyway when a new President is named. 

I have experience on one here in Calgary. We did hire 3 head football coaches for 3 different community teams under the same organization when I was on that board over 3 years from 2004 thru 2006. I actually helped set up that very board as our first bantam team went from being an expansion team being run exclusively by the league that set it up to a team part of that league but acting independent of it decisions wise. Under the board, our organization grew from one bantam team with 34 kids (ages 13-15) to 2 atom teams (ages 8-10), a pee wee team (ages 11 & 12) & a midget team (ages 15-17) with nearly 200 players.

I congratulate you on your involvement in your community. Boards like that need good people who are prepared to roll up their sleeves and get the dirty work done. Having said that, I can assure you that the type of board you sat on is very different from that of the Bombers. I've been on NGO boards, community boards like the one you have served on and corporate boards. The Bombers will function very much like the corporate boards. They'll approve budgets, set overall goals for the corporation, set policies and by-laws, review various aspects of the organization and receive reports from Miller, and if required, from other senior managers. What they won't do is personnel stuff or football operation stuff. Trust me, you do not want a board messing with that stuff. Ever.

Thank you. The Blue Bomber board will fire Miller if they don't believe he is doing the job. I imagine if that happened they could do a total housecleaning if need be by firing Walters & MOS. Not beyond the realm of possibility. However, it's all about timing & when (if) it happens. In reality, firing Miller means the team didn't do well so a trickle down effect would take place anyway when a new President is named.

I think you're going about this somewhat backwards. I doubt the BOD gets involved in that way quite yet. MB will be fired at some point, likely in the off season, but I think MOS starts next season as HC. If next year is another disaster, then he will get canned. Walters, I think, will get another HC to hire, but if that doesn't improve things, then Miller will have to fire Walters and hire a new GM.

None of that starts will Miller getting fired. Not unless they catch him spending cash on cheeseburgers and foot massagers for his basement.

While I'm of the opinion that the errors on special teams have had more to do with personnel brainfarts than coaching, we've lost the special teams battle in dramatic fashion in about 8 of the 10 games we've played this season, so Tracy's firing doesn't have any good argument against it either.

Congrats to JV5 and post #127 on putting a strong effort in for the batcrap insane post of the year award.  The tinfoil hat/crown may proudly sit on your head at year end, but it's only labour day, and you know what they say about the CFL and labour day.

I had high hopes for O'Shea when he was named head coach, and expected that there would be bumps in the road for the first year, but he has done little to deserve being kept on. I think you can make an argument for letting him finish the year, although I would disagree.

O'Shea's judgement, not his heart is the issue. He appears to be unable to judge player or assistant coach talent properly, and him getting snarky with the media is not going to help him either. Either way, the honeymoon is over.

I think you're going about this somewhat backwards. I doubt the BOD gets involved in that way quite yet. MB will be fired at some point, likely in the off season, but I think MOS starts next season as HC. If next year is another disaster, then he will get canned. Walters, I think, will get another HC to hire, but if that doesn't improve things, then Miller will have to fire Walters and hire a new GM.

None of that starts will Miller getting fired. Not unless they catch him spending cash on cheeseburgers and foot massagers for his basement.

I have that same feeling UNLESS the next 2-3 games how we consistently demonstrate no compete in our game. Then he's gone for sure imo and Hall is promoted to interim.

I have that same feeling UNLESS the next 2-3 games how we consistently demonstrate no compete in our game. Then he's gone for sure imo and Hall is promoted to interim.

I certainly wouldn't mind that, although I can't see a situation in which MOS is gone and MB coaches on.

Also, I'm starting to notices that the successful teams across the league seem to be run by offensive minded coaches. The last couple of ours have definitely not been even capable of running an offensive meeting and I might hesitate handing the team off to another DC.

I certainly wouldn't mind that, although I can't see a situation in which MOS is gone and MB coaches on.

Also, I'm starting to notices that the successful teams across the league seem to be run by offensive minded coaches. The last couple of ours have definitely not been even capable of running an offensive meeting and I might hesitate handing the team off to another DC.

My guess, MB is done, the writing is already on the wall if you look close enough, And they actually have a legit reason to get rid of him, in his tenure here, the O has been at or near the bottom of the league in every category. Guy is an upgrade on Crowton but really not much of one when you think about it. I think MOS is back next season, stability is important i feel and i think Miller and Walters feels the same way, stability is key to creating something good. MB tho, he's done for sure. Done done done done done.. DONE. LOL

The thing i've noticed the most with other teams is if you look at the OC's around the league...

Brady,Dickenson,Calvillo now... They all played the game and were all former QB's.. probably a couple others i'm missing. 

Give us an OC who has actually played the game, preferably a QB (Khari comes to mind) and we will probably be ok moving forward. MB is not the answer, I think they are in a tough spot with MB tho, Miller brought him in originally... Maybe Miller needs to be the guy that sends him packing. 

I don't really think you need an Offensive minded coach, Look at Jones in Edmonton as an example... but... It probably doesn't hurt to have a guy who played the game running your O.

I'll take a young up and coming mind, even a Howell who has done his time and been around a while over MB any day of the week. 

If Miller has picked any of the subordinate coaches rather than O'Shea, that would undermine O'Shea's authority really screw up the chain of command. If O'Shea agreed to be the head coach under those conditions, he deserves his fate.

Wade Miller brought in Marcel as a consultant when Burke was HC. O'Shea decided to keep him.

If Miller has picked any of the subordinate coaches rather than O'Shea, that would undermine O'Shea's authority really screw up the chain of command. If O'Shea agreed to be the head coach under those conditions, he deserves his fate.

Wade Miller brought in Marcel as a consultant when Burke was HC. O'Shea decided to keep him.

Right. Miller and O'Shea are complicit in bringing and keeping MB here, much to the chagrin of most of us. They can share the responsibility. 

I'm not even ready to say that MB is an awful OC. It's just that we can do better and hopefully this off season someone become a available that allows us to move forward.

Sorry I read it like the idiots in the Truduea he is just not ready ads. Got a laugh out of it.