Montreal Fires Higgins, Popp to be Interim HC

Rich

Montreal goes 3-5, losing their starting QB in the first game, beats BC in their own stadium for the first time in 15 years and they think this isn't good enough we need to fire the HC to turn it around.

Winnipeg goes 3-5, loses their starting QB in the 7th game and thinks that we're on the right track and we need to keep everyone for continuity. Winnipeg fans crow about how bad those BC and Montreal teams are, and take shots at the 0-7 Regina team.

Montreal goes 3-5, losing their starting QB in the first game, beats BC in their own stadium for the first time in 15 years and they think this isn't good enough we need to fire the HC to turn it around.

Winnipeg goes 3-5, loses their starting QB in the 7th game and thinks that we're on the right track and we need to keep everyone for continuity. Winnipeg fans crow about how bad those BC and Montreal teams are, and take shots at the 0-7 Regina team.

Yep I'm really stumped on how it is perceived around here that we are in a better position here in bomber villa but it might change when we go to 3-6 unfortunately.

Yep I'm really stumped on how it is perceived around here that we are in a better position here in bomber villa but it might change when we go to 3-6 unfortunately.

man.. do you two ever get tired of being so depressed and pessimistic? id never wanna get outta bed lol.

man.. do you two ever get tired of being so depressed and pessimistic? id never wanna get outta bed lol.
Too bad you do!Jk! Really I guess I'm spoiled I grew up in the Cal Murphy years and Mike Riley was my favourite coach of all the Blue coaches. I have seen the best and it's tough to witness all the years of sub par coaches since. Hey if I'm wrong about MOS I'll be actually pretty damn happy. We will see.

Too bad you do!Jk! Really I guess I'm spoiled I grew up in the Cal Murphy years and Mike Riley was my favourite coach of all the Blue coaches. I have seen the best and it's tough to witness all the years of sub par coaches since. Hey if I'm wrong about MOS I'll be actually pretty damn happy. We will see.

While you wait to see, could you do so quietly?  Thanks.

It is kind of ridiculous that some of you are laughing at Sask (as well as other teams)...and who doesn't love to laugh at Sask...for like...ANY reason.  But still, you're laughing at Sask and yet we're only 3-5 and have the most point scored against us in the league.  And we have the second least points scored on top of that.  I'm always hopeful that we're going to come out on top, but come on, we're not any better then BC or Montreal.  Well, now Montreal might be worse since Popp is taking over.  Also, we could easily lose the next 3 games and Sask could easily win them and we'd be tied.  So let's not toot our horns too loud when we're so close to the bottom.  I'm not saying fire any coaches...except MB...I always want him gone...or demoted.

I'm not depressed at all and it's pretty hard to be optimistic since Willy went down. I'm actually pointing out the difference in attitudes between Montreal and Winnipeg. I prefer their attitude to ours.

Man, some of you guys and your agendas...

What a surprise tho, a topic about Tom Higgins being fired has people wanting him to replace MOS..

Ridiculous.. The circus has moved on to Montreal, why do some of you try so hard to bring it back here?

Uh we are 3-5 when did it leave?

IT never has or NEVER WILL... BOD members come and go, Presidents come and go, GM's come and go, coaches come and go, players come and go but the CIRCUS will never EVER fully leave because people like yourself WON'T LET IT. 

Case in point, in a topic that has nothing to do with the bombers or anything of that sort... Fire MOS, bring in Higgins... ALL THIS CRAP really... it's a joke. A huge joke. Fans like you are part of the problem really

Holy melodrama. He just made the point that we are 3-5 and it's a circus around here too. He's right. If you don't like his point, say so and move on. Why attack him? He's a Bomber fan, like you, and entitled to his opinion, like you.

I'm surprised Higgins was let go. I still think he'd make a good GM (and that's what I wanted him for) and was surprised he did come back as a coach. Taking over a team when a 'legend' at QB retires, and a 'legend' at coach goes to the NFL (wondering here.... is Popp keeping Trestmans' seat warm for a return????) really is/was a no win situation for whomever was going to be the next head man there. I agree with Goalie that the Bombers probably said no to Higgins as I can't see Higgins (or anyone for that matter) preferring the Mtrl situation to Wpg's.

And why do some here insist on canning MOS? Hey, I get pissed at some of his decisions too - but IMO this team of ours, as I mentioned, it two years removed from, by far, the worst run 'pro' franchise is all of North America and quite possibly the world. I'm not over exaggerating. We have a rookie GM, rookie CEO, and rookie HC taking over (from last year) so I'm puzzled as to what the 'fire MOS' folks were expecting exactly.

I was/am expecting slow steady improvement and IMO we are much farther ahead then we were last year. Yes, we were blown out twice this year by Hamilton. But newsflash - and again I already said this - Hamilton is the #1 team in the league right now (it's not close) and have the best QB in the league right now (and again, it's not even close and Collaros as a lot of you know is the guy I wanted here and pined for and I was pissed when that 'release' and 'sign' thing happened before free agency) so there's no shame in that. Look what they did here to the Eskimos last night as proof as to how good they are.

Willy - very impressed this year with him. Last year after game 6 he was beat up and terrible. Why they left him in game after game is now answered for me. This year he's a different QB. He has learned. Even in the Hamilton beat down (prior to his leg being broke) he was still playing well and competing and wasn't nearly as terrible as he was last year during a game like that.

I see a bright future ahead of us - and some of you want to blow it up and start yet again? Give your heads a shake. You may turn out to be right in the long run but for now unless Trestman or Mike Riley are willing to come coach here I'm in MOS's corner

Well I will answer you based on my imo. What concerns my most about MOS besides his poor game decisions and actions is his ethier lack of being able to discern talent or mere utter stubbornness when it comes to players and coaches. My 2 coaches are Etch last year and Bel this year and last.Both coaches are clearly have costed this team dearly.Leaving Willy in against Ham when it was turnstile time on the QB and Willy wasn't 100 percent to begin with also makes me ? MOS commonsense. Last he still refuses to name Marve our no 1 when Marve has shown more in one game than Brohm in 2 years. LAST we still have Brohm like Wtf for? I'm afraid MOS ain't the answer here but we are gonna wait as usual here till its too late.

How many times are you going to make the same point? Hardly anyone agrees with you.

Montreal's not out of the hunt for the last playoff spot. They're tied with us at 3-5. Riders aren't even out of the hunt if they manage to beat us a couple of times,

No kidding. We have no business looking down on any other team.

I'm surprised Higgins was let go. I still think he'd make a good GM (and that's what I wanted him for) and was surprised he did come back as a coach. Taking over a team when a 'legend' at QB retires, and a 'legend' at coach goes to the NFL (wondering here.... is Popp keeping Trestmans' seat warm for a return????) really is/was a no win situation for whomever was going to be the next head man there. I agree with Goalie that the Bombers probably said no to Higgins as I can't see Higgins (or anyone for that matter) preferring the Mtrl situation to Wpg's.

And why do some here insist on canning MOS? Hey, I get pissed at some of his decisions too - but IMO this team of ours, as I mentioned, it two years removed from, by far, the worst run 'pro' franchise is all of North America and quite possibly the world. I'm not over exaggerating. We have a rookie GM, rookie CEO, and rookie HC taking over (from last year) so I'm puzzled as to what the 'fire MOS' folks were expecting exactly.

I was/am expecting slow steady improvement and IMO we are much farther ahead then we were last year. Yes, we were blown out twice this year by Hamilton. But newsflash - and again I already said this - Hamilton is the #1 team in the league right now (it's not close) and have the best QB in the league right now (and again, it's not even close and Collaros as a lot of you know is the guy I wanted here and pined for and I was pissed when that 'release' and 'sign' thing happened before free agency) so there's no shame in that. Look what they did here to the Eskimos last night as proof as to how good they are.

Willy - very impressed this year with him. Last year after game 6 he was beat up and terrible. Why they left him in game after game is now answered for me. This year he's a different QB. He has learned. Even in the Hamilton beat down (prior to his leg being broke) he was still playing well and competing and wasn't nearly as terrible as he was last year during a game like that.

I see a bright future ahead of us - and some of you want to blow it up and start yet again? Give your heads a shake. You may turn out to be right in the long run but for now unless Trestman or Mike Riley are willing to come coach here I'm in MOS's corner

Well I will answer you based on my imo. What concerns my most about MOS besides his poor game decisions and actions is his ethier lack of being able to discern talent or mere utter stubbornness when it comes to players and coaches. My 2 coaches are Etch last year and Bel this year and last.Both coaches are clearly have costed this team dearly.Leaving Willy in against Ham when it was turnstile time on the QB and Willy wasn't 100 percent to begin with also makes me ? MOS commonsense. Last he still refuses to name Marve our no 1 when Marve has shown more in one game than Brohm in 2 years. LAST we still have Brohm like Wtf for? I'm afraid MOS ain't the answer here but we are gonna wait as usual here till its too late.

How many times are you going to make the same point? Hardly anyone agrees with you.

Does that make him wrong?

The Bombers being 3 and 5 is not the end of the season, but losing games in the same old ways as last year is. Our O-line is suspect (to be charitable), our linebacking is lacking, we have the worst defence in the league, and an anemic offence which is predictable and unimaginative. Fans can put up with an awful lost of misery if there is reason to hope things are improving, and we are still waiting to see that. O'Shea is a good guy, but so was Reinbold and he was a disaster as a head coach.

Thnks,some posters feel you can have an opinion if it follows their own.

Popp and Wettenhall must be living in a fantasy world to blame Higgins for not having Calvillo leading the team on the field. Higgins is not superhuman and has made a few mistakes, but if Popp thinks this is going to salvage the season and go 12 and 6 or such, he's off his meds. 6 and 12 is far more likely, considering the lack of talent and/or experience behind center.

No it makes him extremely repetitive!