Montreal Fires Higgins, Popp to be Interim HC

Rich

I suspect this has more to do with the handling of Sam and Bowman.

Do we even know how it was "handled" and what even happened??

My first thought was absolutely "Bowman sitting the past couple weeks must have something to do with this".......he's one of Popp's boys, so you gotta wonder. Man oh man, what a gonger......

Quick and painless, no board to go to first for permission or any of that BS, the guy in charge actually make decisions, I envy them.

Not exactly. You do realize Popp wasn't the guy that hired Higgins in the first place tho right? Not exactly what you last little sentence implies at all. 

Regardless tho, Locker Room issues are the end of a coach, regardless of how they happened or if it had to do with Sam or Bowman or whoever, the second you have locker room issues and Montreal has this entire season, as a coach, It's only a matter of time. You are supposed to run that locker room, sounds like the players were. What that means is the inmates are running the asylum. Only a matter of time really... 

Quick and painless, no board to go to first for permission or any of that BS, the guy in charge actually make decisions, I envy them.

Not exactly. You do realize Popp wasn't the guy that hired Higgins in the first place tho right? Not exactly what you last little sentence implies at all. 

Regardless tho, Locker Room issues are the end of a coach, regardless of how they happened or if it had to do with Sam or Bowman or whoever, the second you have locker room issues and Montreal has this entire season, as a coach, It's only a matter of time. You are supposed to run that locker room, sounds like the players were. What that means is the inmates are running the asylum. Only a matter of time really... 

Whetenhall makes the decisions not Popp, you misunderstood.

Get Higgins on the first plane to Winnipeg.

Guys a bum, some of those qb antics last night were just ridiculous, Bowman was just the icing on the cake Popp needed to deep six him.

Yup. No thanks, the guy lost his locker room, he's supposed to be the guy in charge but it was pretty apparent that the players were running the asylum. No thanks to coaches like that. Higgins can go back to the CFL office really, just keep him away from Winnipeg. 

Ahhh so instead of letting your GM do his job,  you do it for him? Yeah for sure, Owners who get involved are awesome for sure. 

Ahhh so instead of letting your GM do his job,  you do it for him? Yeah for sure, Owners who get involved are awesome for sure. 

You can't argue with the track record of success amigo.

Bob Whetenhall isn't the reason for "success" in Montreal, Jim Popp is.. to a lesser extent, Anthony Calvillo and a weak ass east division for years was another reason. 

I don't like when Owners get involved, all i know if i OWNED a team, i wouldn't get involved in football related decisions, that's for sure.. that's not really my job.. I hire a GM to do that for me.. I mean really, What's the point in having a GM if your owner is the defacto GM anyway.