Bomber transactions

gbill2004

I suspect that Thomas is being kept around as insurance if Cotton pulls a disappearing act in his performance. His size and resume remind of a former Bomber running back named Stephen Beaird out of Texas who was doing quite well until his dad took sick and Beaird had to go take care of the family buisness. And they were both caucasian.

Not sure why it matters, but Tyler Thomas isn't Caucasian.

My bad- there are two of them- one of each flavour.

I think Cotton is the perfect lead back for this system. They're gonna use a time share anyways so really "starter" is not as important, but I like having Cotton used early on and then bringing in Marshall for some inside yards later in the game.

Nothing I like better than to see a team grind out the clock with power running. There was some discussion on 1290 today regarding our running game, and the need to get Marshall and Cotton more touches. It's not good enough for our two running backs to have a combined total of 10 carries in a game. Got to be more than that.

I think Cotton is the perfect lead back for this system. They're gonna use a time share anyways so really "starter" is not as important, but I like having Cotton used early on and then bringing in Marshall for some inside yards later in the game.

Nothing I like better than to see a team grind out the clock with power running. There was some discussion on 1290 today regarding our running game, and the need to get Marshall and Cotton more touches. It's not good enough for our two running backs to have a combined total of 10 carries in a game. Got to be more than that.

That's what I've been saying since last year.  CALL MORE RUNNING PLAYS MB!!

Eh, that might be where we disagree. I agree that we should run more than 10 times a game, but I wouldn't run a helluva lot more. I love our pass game, and I think running the offense through Willy and distributing to the receivers is the best option for this team. I don't think our OL is good enough to run consistently and expect to win a lot of games. 

I think Marshall is about to take Cottons Job if he hasn't already

You're thinking Marshall as lead back and Cotton as the change of pace?

Yes. Or cotton gone completely. Not sure what he's making but if it's starters money and he ain't playing... who knows

I don't know Goalie - Cotton hasn't been getting the rock much lately on hand offs. Mostly in the air. I like him for some reason - he has that 'something' I believe. Marshall is a good complement to him as well. I like it the way it is I just wish, as others have said, they give Cotton the ball more on running plays - and disguise them a bit. Many times the plays are too obvious (and slow in developing) for them to be affective.

• 3 weeks later...

I think Marshall is about to take Cottons Job if he hasn't already

You're thinking Marshall as lead back and Cotton as the change of pace?

Yes. Or cotton gone completely. Not sure what he's making but if it's starters money and he ain't playing... who knows

I don't know Goalie - Cotton hasn't been getting the rock much lately on hand offs. Mostly in the air. I like him for some reason - he has that 'something' I believe. Marshall is a good complement to him as well. I like it the way it is I just wish, as others have said, they give Cotton the ball more on running plays - and disguise them a bit. Many times the plays are too obvious (and slow in developing) for them to be affective.

I've changed my stance on Cotton btw - that 'something' has disappeared for me. 

Are we better with J.Gordon or Stoudamire in at rec over JFG?

No.  I'd rather use more imports on the OL, even if it's someone who is inexperienced because our issue is at least as much physical as mental on the OL.  People somehow magically think Gordon is going to transform into a better player than JFG this week, but he's been useless when the lights have been on in pre-season and regular season.

Are we better with J.Gordon or Stoudamire in at rec over JFG?

No. I'd rather use more imports on the OL, even if it's someone who is inexperienced because our issue is at least as much physical as mental on the OL. People somehow magically think Gordon is going to transform into a better player than JFG this week, but he's been useless when the lights have been on in pre-season and regular season.

I'm not sure if we had 5 Chris Walbys On the oline if it would make a huge difference we still have MB and his 50 schemes to get your qb killed...

I think JFG suits Marve's game pretty well, in that he can catch well in traffic and seems to pay enough attention to  make adjustments in his routes to accommodate Marve's scrambling.  Not the time to insert a rookie or an in-experienced receiver like Stoudermire, neither of which has showed any football acumen so far.

I think they will go 4 import receivers with Moore, Denmark, Veltung and Gordon. Kohlert and JFG as the Canadians. Stoudermire as KR/utility guy.

Bastien will probably a healthy scratch or going to IR or PR. 

We still starts 8 Canadians for MOS liking.

Btw, I wanna see T.Thomas and/or Veltung on KR/PR too.

Tyler Thomas: A small college stand -out the 5’10’ 200 lb speedster, excels at every facet of the game. He not only runs and catches balls out of the backfield with skill and dexterity, he returns kicks and is a special teams stand out on punt coverage as well. If there is a hole to run through at the line Tyler was through it and on his way to the end zone. To further demonstrate his versatility Tyler, played some Defensive Back when needed. After competing in the NFL Regional Combine in Cleveland, Tyler was invited to the NFL Dallas Super Regional Combine, where he put up superior numbers, running a 4.39 40 yd dash in Cleveland. He has started to draw interest from NFL and CFL teams and will hit the try out circuit looking for his first pro contract this fall.

Justin Cole is a 6'3" 240 lb player who suited up as a linebacker in the NFL, so maybe he is auditioning at MLB?

rb sounds like a stud lol