Biggest Regret as a Bomber Fan

This guy! Check out this #Ticats fan, who got @speedybanks87's signature tattooed on his forearm today. pic.twitter.com/782qk8NWkF

— Hamilton Tiger-Cats (@Ticats)

August 2, 2015

In light of this TiCats fan's decision to have Brandon Banks' signature tattooed on his forearm, what have you done as a Bomber fan that you regret the most?

Not coming back home to see the Bombers at the old barn one last time. 

Like wise I was a season ticket holder since our arrival in Winnipeg from Dallas in 1981. In 1997 we moved to Calgary and while I did get back for a few games between 1997 and 2000 or so after I opened our offices in Dallas and Houston along with Calgary I never got the time to get back for a game. We managed to return to Winnipeg from time to time and I visited the old Bomber store we never were back when there was a home game.

I have been back for 2 games at the new stadium which I live but the old barn still has a ton of memories for me.

In 1972, I was in grade 10. Don Jonas lived a block away from me. My friends & I heard he was at the Riverview Community Club working out one day in May of that year with a couple Bomber teammates. A bunch of my friends went down there to watch but I didn't go. Turns out he began throwing footballs to my buddies. I never stopped hearing about that until I went to university. 

Not getting ****-faced after the 1990 Grey Cup because I thought I would wait until the next Cup to really tie one on. :(

So you haven't had a drink since 1990? That's hardcore man. Respect.
No I wish. I didn't celebrate the win properly as I thought the Bombers were just going to keep winning Cups so it didn't matter if I didnt go ape-****. The 80's spoiled me.

I regretted not going, sure. Just because I could have said I met Jonas & caught a pass he may have thrown to me. That's just an interesting story, though. But I've never regretted being a fan. Have never lost faith or been a bandwagon jumper. 

I remember Jonas signing autographs at our local hockey arena one year, trust me you didn't miss much iso.

I regret not going to more Bomber games with my dad.  We had season tickets on the west side and most of the row we sat were made up of his buddies and the section was entirely old farts who didn't appreciate the enthusiasm of the "younger" fan.  So I would buy tickets on the east side with my friends.   

He never said anything but I'm sure he would have preferred that I sat with him.  I look back at it now and realize that I missed out on some premium father/son time. 

I can't apologize now because he's been gone for many years but if you guys have the chance.  Take your dad to a game.  I'm sure he'll appreciate it.

Hah - easy for me. Getting Pissed off at Commonwealth when Kevin Glenn fumbled the ball (after being carried for 15 yards or so by the Edmonton Defence) and the subsequent TD scored by Edmonton to 'salt' the game away and leaving the Stadium in disgust. At least I made it back to my car to hear Brian Hall's call of the Stegall catch but would have much rather seen it live :(

I regret not going to more Bomber games with my dad.  We had season tickets on the west side and most of the row we sat were made up of his buddies and the section was entirely old farts who didn't appreciate the enthusiasm of the "younger" fan.  So I would buy tickets on the east side with my friends.   

He never said anything but I'm sure he would have preferred that I sat with him.  I look back at it now and realize that I missed out on some premium father/son time. 

I can't apologize now because he's been gone for many years but if you guys have the chance.  Take your dad to a game.  I'm sure he'll appreciate it.

This was one of my biggest reason for buying Grey Cup tickets this year. I mean, I've never been but the chance to take my Dad to a Grey Cup was too important to pass up.