Two newcomers on D and on O ...

IC Khari

- Khalil Bass 4th in the league in tackles (29), stepping into his new role with the Bombers nicely. Like him. Also ... what happened to him last night? He was out for awhile.
- Johnny (dangerous) Adams. Leads the league in int. and is right up there in tackles as well. Early outstanding rookie candidate.
- Darvin Adams, coming into his own in the last 3 weeks. Love his break away speed and elusiveness after the catch

- Cam Marshall, power and speed, great find.
Honourable mention: Justin Veltung, love what this guy can bring on both teams and as a receiver!

I believe, Johnny Adams doesn't qualify as rookie in the CFL. He already played in the NFL.

Khalil Bass qualifies as a rookie. I think.

If being on the NFL PR doesnt count, Justin Veltung might qualify as a rookie too.

But I guess the best rookie candidate we have so far is no other than... Sukh 'the Shiekh' Chung :D

Veltung is a weapon on offense, and just a solid receiver in terms of routes and hands.  Has been everytime he's stepped on the field back to pre-season.  I hope they don't take him out.  Personally I'd prefer him as a returner and receiver over Stoudermire as a returner if it comes down to that to get Moore back on the roster.

Bass has stepped it up the last couple games.  Nice to see him turning the plays to the weak-side into the middle now and pursuing all over the field.

Veltung is a weapon on offense, and just a solid receiver in terms of routes and hands.  Has been everytime he's stepped on the field back to pre-season.  I hope they don't take him out.  Personally I'd prefer him as a returner and receiver over Stoudermire as a returner if it comes down to that to get Moore back on the roster.

Bass has stepped it up the last couple games.  Nice to see him turning the plays to the weak-side into the middle now and pursuing all over the field.

There's a way to keep them both if they want to even if Moore comes back.

They just need to take out Kearney and let Stoudermire play on ST and D while Veltung plays on ST and O.

I'm really liking the progression of Khalil Bass... it seems to me that while Hurl is on the 'cowboy' formation near and around the LOS, Bass seems to play in the more traditional MIKE role, filing gaps, covering the middle and sniffing out the RBs... anyone else seeing that?

See I'm also in that belief that Hurl is a "floater" and cover LB more so then traditional MLB and Bass is essentially a MLB-WIL combo..

Or hurl is that out of position. Can't tell which, lol. He does often seem to be around the ball and spying the QB/RB..

I will say his blitzing is pretty useless.

I'm really liking the progression of Khalil Bass... it seems to me that while Hurl is on the 'cowboy' formation near and around the LOS, Bass seems to play in the more traditional MIKE role, filing gaps, covering the middle and sniffing out the RBs... anyone else seeing that?

That's what everyone is hoping to see, a LB with a nose for the ball and Solly is the gold standard. I don't care which LB position he plays as long as he's making plays on the ball carrier.  Bass is beginning to meet that objective. 

Hurl was better against the Lions but he continues to be a weak link. The reservations that many here had about him being promoted to MLB have proven out and if he is expected to call the defensive sets, that may be why the defense has been struggling on occasion.

Hurl was better against the Lions but he continues to be a weak link. The reservations that many here had about him being promoted to MLB have proven out and if he is expected to call the defensive sets, that may be why the defense has been struggling on occasion.

As long as he keeps getting better his Canadian status makes it worth the patience... and I've been noticing significant improvement... let's hope he keeps it up

I'm not saying I've been paying enough specific attention to Hurl to make an assessment one way or the other (besides looking at statistics), however does anyone remember how almost universally hated Muamba was when he started getting more playing time at MLB? Calls for the Bombers' need to "get a real MLB" were all over online forums and heard leaving Bombers home losses.

Eventually, he became such a force that he got himself an NFL shot and we all wish he was here right now.

If Hurl continues to improve game-by-game, he deserves a chance. If he plateaus for too long or regresses as the season goes on, he's not the answer.

(I wish I could drudge up old posts as examples, but this site wasn't around yet at that point, and I'm not sifting through that other site for quotes. :P)