Two newcomers on D and on O ...

IC Khari

Muamba wasn't ready when he got his first starts and we didn't have any other choices but to play him because we made the decision to go NI at MLB. He became a good MLB fairly quickly.

Hurl's in his 4th year. By that time, Muamba was in the NFL. He's been a starter in Regina, but lost his starting role, which made him expendable to them. We picked him up in FA, gave him the MLB job and paid him like a starter. Hurl had a good game last week, but it's his only good game as a Bomber. I like Hurl on special teams, but I don't see the comparison to Muamba as valid.

Bleacher report Steelers training camp, bit of good news for Ian Wild and his fans…

"We got a taste of an improved run defense during team drills on Thursday when the defense continually got the best of the offense. It was particularly encouraging considering a significant number of plays were run out of the nickel—an area in which the defense struggled last season.

The defensive coordinator got contributions from all levels of his defense. Shamarko Thomas and Ian Wild both stepped up to make tackles behind the line from the safety position, while AnthonyChickillo got around the edge on two occasions."

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2535657-2015-pittsburgh-steelers-training-camp-observations-from-thursdays-practice

Bleacher report Steelers training camp, bit of good news for Ian Wild and his fans…

"We got a taste of an improved run defense during team drills on Thursday when the defense continually got the best of the offense. It was particularly encouraging considering a significant number of plays were run out of the nickel—an area in which the defense struggled last season.

The defensive coordinator got contributions from all levels of his defense. Shamarko Thomas and Ian Wild both stepped up to make tackles behind the line from the safety position, while AnthonyChickillo got around the edge on two occasions."

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2535657-2015-pittsburgh-steelers-training-camp-observations-from-thursdays-practice

Boo on that from our interest but good on Ian. Big paydays likely coming for him.

I wasn't sure about Veltung but man he looks good. I agree with JBR, would rather see him on the roster than Stoudermire if it comes to that. Heck, I'd also like to see Denmark/Adams/Moore/Veltung all starting at receiver.

For sure. I was in favor of putting Veltung on the roster after Stouds disastrous debut in Calgary.