Odds and Sods - Game 5 - Winnipeg Blue Bombers at Edmonton Eskimoes

Stoudermire was among the best returners in the league last year. I'm willing to give him another game.

He's not getting it done and the other guy has gotten it done, isn't that the entire basis of your Marve vs. Brohm support? Why the different opinion here? Stoudemire might have been great last year, but this year he's been useless and actually a detriment to the team whereas Veltung has been good. 2 chances is plenty in my opinion, when the CFL is as tight as it is you can't piss away games letting guys figure it out. 

Veltung has just been alright. He has gotten the job done but hasn't proven to be a gamebreaker, like Stoudermire was capable of last year. If Stoudermire can get back to last year's form, I think he's our best option.  That's why I'm willing to give him another shot. If he falters again, I suppose he deserves to be sat until Veltung proves to be ineffective.

Brohm is a 30-year old QB  who does not belong on professional football field.  What's the use in dressing a QB who can't throw nor run the ball? I don't see how the two situations are similar at all.

True, Boltus is probably worse. Dinwiddie at least had a few decent games.

Garza. Sammy ******* Garza.

Was that the son in law?

Yeah. He was the son in law.

I worked on the ham line at Canada Packers with Mike Murphy back in the day, he wouldn't let me near his sister so she settled for Sammy.

just have to watch the film and make a few corrections and adjustments. 

I wish the positivists would show up and say something. They always say the negatives only show up after a loss. How come they only show up after a win?

Maybe dazzled by Brohm's pedigree. played with Favre, and coached by so and so and such and such. Heismann candidate second round draft. Maybe he's great in practice. solid character guy… seems to be the first thing they look for, even said that in an interview.

Maybe Offence collapsing is the only way the players can get it across to the coaches that they don't want Brohm in there.

What are you talking about? There was a positive thread made like right after the game lol.

Was that the son in law?

I worked on the ham line at Canada Packers with Mike Murphy back in the day, he wouldn't let me near his sister so she settled for Sammy.

Did Jack West (wesloski) work there in HR when you were there? Spend much time at the Chalet? Or am I thinking old plant on archibald and Marion....

Was that the son in law?

Did Jack West (wesloski) work there in HR when you were there? Spend much time at the Chalet? Or am I thinking old plant on archibald and Marion....

Sorry Rod, missed these questions.  Didn't know Jack but I only worked there a couple of summers and yes it was at the old St. Boniface location.  Half the Murphy kids had jobs at CP because the GM lived across the street from them in River Heights.  One of the company nurses was Cal's wife.

Chalet?  Oh yea, well before it lost it's soul and became Teasers.

How about Wally Gabler or Wably Gaylor as we called him.  Horrible QB.  Just freakin horrible.

May not have been much of a QB but that's a damn fine name for a footballer.

I always thought Gabler was a good qb. He just had no talent around him to work with. He was here in 69 & 70. About as bleak then as it was in 2013.