Odds and Sods - Game 5 - Winnipeg Blue Bombers at Edmonton Eskimoes

Hope springs eternal....Bell fumbles early.....

...but Blue go 2 and out.... then miss FG....

Methinks, that was some sort of omen....

Bomber D looking good...in first half

Westerman really getting into the groove....

Adams getting some respect on the corner....

Hurl still questionable as MLB...

Both teams doing it on D, in the rain....4-3 at the half

Blue O looking pretty predictable....can't handle pressure..

As soon as run works....we go away from it....

Bombers not handing 4 man rush....or for that matter 3...

Tyler and Picard...having their struggles

40 minute mark...the ole fatal tipping point....
....Willy sandwiched...leaves with knee injury.....

As soon as the Willy went down....Bomber went flaccid....

The rain then stopped.... so did our team....

...Drew hit low...league apology coming, after the fact...

Bombers deal with the adversity...in the usual manner...

...allowing a long punt return, followed by TD....

Brohn, to the surprise of everybody comes in.....

..and promptly tosses a pick, albeit, with blown PI call....

James Franklin promptly throws a TD pass to Bowman....

Richards then plays trained seal with a pass....for another pick..

....setting up another easy Franklin TD pass

Bell eludes 3 Bomber tackles for 70 yards....

...setting up, you guessed it, yet another Franklin TD pass...

Brohm's TD/INT ratio?  now 0-5.......

Assume that Marve is still hurt....or there will be blood....

28 straight points for Edmonton, after Willy down....

Give up 3 TD passes to the 3rd string guy...in less than a half...

Discipline problem again...plethora of dumb penalties....

Refs were pretty bad....but Bombers lost on merit....

Another great Western road swing.....

Blow one game....get blown out, in the other.....

Tackling on D, fell off in 2nd half....

Another key special team breakdown, then INTs...

...giving Esks a short field for easy scores....

Blue tired of the beat downs, in Edmonton?......guess not.

From MOS, on down....having real doubts about coaching....'

Team lacks jam, and may simply be toast....

DOD lacks patience, right now.. and may simply be burnt....

bob irving mentioned a play that was horrible to watch…. willy still playing, Bombers have the ball, think it was second and two, Edmonton had about nine guys at the line of scrimmage, Willy runs the play called, a run up the middle. Impossible to result in anything better than no gain.

Even I could see how worthless that was.

inexplicable. Is willy told not to audible? Does he have to run the play that's sent in? Or is he incapable of seeing what's happening on defence?

anyone know?

bob irving mentioned a play that was horrible to watch…. willy still playing, Bombers have the ball, Edmonton had about nine guys at the line of scrimmage, Willy runs the play called, a run up the idle. Impossible to result in anything better than no gain.

inexplicable. Is willy told not to audible? Does he have to run the play that's sent in?

ineptitudinous.

I could be making this up but I do actually remember hearing before that Willy isn't allowed to audible.  

Brohm does deserve at least 90% of our flack, but Devin Tyler was a complete turnstile tonight. We need someone better than him if Daniels is out again next week.

bob irving mentioned a play that was horrible to watch…. willy still playing, Bombers have the ball, Edmonton had about nine guys at the line of scrimmage, Willy runs the play called, a run up the idle. Impossible to result in anything better than no gain.

inexplicable. Is willy told not to audible? Does he have to run the play that's sent in?

ineptitudinous.

I could be making this up but I do actually remember hearing before that Willy isn't allowed to audible.  

Brohm does deserve at least 90% of our flack, but Devin Tyler was a complete turnstile tonight. We need someone better than him if Daniels is out again next week.

According to Irving, Tyler was taken out in the 4th Q, Greaves moved to Tackle and Goosen filled in for Greaves at Guard.

thanks.

not allowed to audible. If that's true…

That's really strange. 

so its okay to change a lineman, if not performing, but not the quarterback. 

looking on from a fan's perspective, and with very limited information we get, it's hard to understand some of the decisions.

Its Bellefuile that's the goat...  its now two seasons of teams knowing that he will turtle if they send pressure.

MB calls a good half every couple games now, the rest of the time, its just garbage.  Its like watching Barresi.

The other problem is this irrational loyalty to Cdn players...  at one point, I'm sure I saw Richards-Kohlert-JFG-Pontbriand and our three OL on the field.  Inexcusable.

just have to watch the film and make a few corrections and adjustments. 

I wish the positivists would show up and say something. They always say the negatives only show up after a loss. How come they only show up after a win?

Maybe dazzled by Brohm's pedigree. played with Favre, and coached by so and so and such and such. Heismann candidate second round draft. Maybe he's great in practice. solid character guy… seems to be the first thing they look for, even said that in an interview.

Maybe Offence collapsing is the only way the players can get it across to the coaches that they don't want Brohm in there.

Its the chicken or the egg conundrum.  Is it coaching or a lack of talent? 

I've never been a MB fan and now I just want to throw something at the TV every time they show him on the sidelines.  

So when was the last time we had a good OC?  

Its the chicken or the egg conundrum.  Is it coaching or a lack of talent? 

I've never been a MB fan and now I just want to throw something at the TV every time they show him on the sidelines.  

So when was the last time we had a good OC?  

I couldn't stand him back then... but Kit Cartwright.

Once Taman brought in Joe Smith and we ran the offence that Cartwright/Berry wanted, it was 'good'.

Last, 'great' OC...  that's tough.

Richards was in for moore who got hurt. I think he's our only back up receiver. Nobody mentions that tho.

Don't have to mention it, we all watched the game.  Put Cotton at SB and Marshall at RB... or have another receiver dressed - Stoudermire?

Then again, I also didn't mention that we were playing 4 NI OL and three NI REC by the end of the game either. (Edit: Game was totally out of hand by then though...)

With the offense's lack of effectiveness in the game, it was only a matter of time until the Esks broke away and ran off with the game. Willy's departure was simply a marker as to when the landslide began, and it sure as spit looks like the team has ZERO confidence in Brohm. If that is the case, it is only a matter of time, if it hasn't happened already, that that attitude spreads into disrespecting the coaching staff and we have the Burke/Kelly/Reinbold/Crowton eras all over again.

How old is Brohm?.....are we "grooming" this guy or what? What a bloody joke....

Brohm is a 31 year old career backup with no future. I don't get it.

I'm not saying Brohm doesn't blame in the loss but those 2 int's weren't on him. Obvious PI not overturned and Richards Bbobbling a catchable ball. The whole team seemed to deflate when Will got hurt. Plenty of blame to go around.