Did Marve lose his short-yardage job?

Brohm was very effective in short yardage last night, but he isn't as mobile as Marve, so that dimension is taken away. But Brohm is probably more of a threat to pass in those situations, so maybe the coaches like that? Maybe we have 2 short yardage QBs now, depending on the situation??

Wouldn't surprise me. Another bad decision by our intrepid coach.

Seems to me the Coaching staff had a good look at the situation and decided Brohm did the QB sneak better than Marve. And they were right. Brohm made the sneaks looks look easy last night. I'd say that was a good decision.

That doesn't mean Marve is ruled out in different situations.

I feel like we are trying to hide marve to keep him north of the border and away from other cfl teams in the off season. Get him locked up to a long term deal in the off season that removes most of the chance of him ever going back to the cfl. Maybe im crazy and need a tinfoil hat. But its easier to believe then that every one in the coaching staff and front office cant see what any one else sees who watches him practise and play.

Brohm did a pretty great job yesterday with the sneaks. He actually got more yards than needed on all of the sneaks he did. Marve would get just the yard, barely. This is not one of the dumb coaching decisions, this is one of the good ones actually. Marve almost and has been stuffed on short yardage sneaks a few times going back to last season, Brohm got them rather easily. This was a good decision really. Anyone who thinks otherwise is just complaining for the sake of it. 

I feel like we are trying to hide marve to keep him north of the border and away from other cfl teams in the off season. Get him locked up to a long term deal in the off season that removes most of the chance of him ever going back to the cfl. Maybe im crazy and need a tinfoil hat. But its easier to believe then that every one in the coaching staff and front office cant see what any one else sees who watches him practise and play.

Or they can see better than some of us are willing to admit and realized Marve wasn't very good at the short yardage QB sneaks?? I mean that is another possibility. Seeing as tho Marve at times has been stuffed short or even barely got the yard or 6 inches needed for the first down, maybe they decided Brohm is actually the better option??? There is that possibility.  I get it, people love Marve but really, he hasn't really done much to get all this love yet. He actually hasn't done much of anything and I think he has potential but the guy is not going to be the saviour here or anywhere else. I honestly don't think he knows how to read the D yet, if that ever comes, cuz he does have all the tools, but lots of QBs do seem to have all the tools but are missing the smarts to actually become something more than that 3rd string option QB. I feel Marve needs to learn to read a D first before he becomes anything special, until then he's just another guy with tons of potential but.. perhaps not the smarts. Can disagree all you want but... theres been quite a few QB's like Marve who have come to this league with all this potential but just lacked something, I am starting to feel Marve may be similar. I think he lacks the ability to read the D and until he can do that, if he ever can do that... he's not gonna amount to much at all. 

Look at a guy like  Rakeem Cato, you can actually see him going through his reads while scrambling out there, it's not exactly run first for him, for Marve, it has indeed been run first. He seems to lack the ability to read the D, doesn't go through his reads, if the first guy is covered, he's running and that's exciting and all, but.. it's not really sustainable at all, that big 30 yard run Marve has, well maybe if he actually went through his other reads, maybe it's a 50 yard touchdown instead. 

Brohm did a pretty great job yesterday with the sneaks. He actually got more yards than needed on all of the sneaks he did. Marve would get just the yard, barely. This is not one of the dumb coaching decisions, this is one of the good ones actually. Marve almost and has been stuffed on short yardage sneaks a few times going back to last season, Brohm got them rather easily. This was a good decision really. Anyone who thinks otherwise is just complaining for the sake of it. 

I think the writing is on the wall for Marve, he doesn't fit into Marcel's system and is never going to unseat Willy.  Unless he's happy being a backup like Tate there is not much upside for a young QB with ambition on this team.  I don't think his NFL ambitions are realistic but I do expect to see him go to F.A. in the off-season to try to latch on with a CFL team that is willing to make better use of his skill set.

His skillset is irrelevant if he can't read a D, run first qb's don't last in the CFL very long, they need to be able to sit back there and actually go through their reads, that works in college but it don't work like that in the Pro's really... NFL included. You need to be able to read a D and go through your reads and the little i've seen from marve suggests he has a long way to go. This isn't college anymore.  I could see Dominique Davis taking Marves spot before the season ends even. I just think the people calling this a dumb coaches decision need to pay more attention.. Marve wasn't very good on QB sneaks... it's really as simple as that. 

His skillset is irrelevant if he can't read a D, run first qb's don't last in the CFL very long, they need to be able to sit back there and actually go through their reads, that works in college but it don't work like that in the Pro's really... NFL included. You need to be able to read a D and go through your reads and the little i've seen from marve suggests he has a long way to go. This isn't college anymore.  I could see Dominique Davis taking Marves spot before the season ends even. I just think the people calling this a dumb coaches decision need to pay more attention.. Marve wasn't very good on QB sneaks... it's really as simple as that. 

What Collaros accomplished in his first season as Ray's replacement contradicts everything you just said.  If Marve is dumb as a rock and unable to learn, he may not have the upside many see but I don't think that's the case.  Pigeon-holing him into Willy and Brohms playing style is ignoring the obvious, he is more in the mold of Collaros or even Lulay.  I understand completely why Marcel is happy to build his O around Willy, it literally provides him with career security in the long-term.

Whether he can read a D or not Marve has already proven that he can accomplish twice as much as Brohm in half the playing time.  Time will tell if his skills materialize into a career or fade away to nothing as you suggest.

I didn't realize that the short yard plays cost us the game last night... I mean really, Marve this, Marve that... Brohm did a better job than Marve did on the short yardage sneaks.. It's really that simple. Over analyzing something so ridiculously simple is crazy.. Why when we lose, why is always about Marve? This is the second time now in 2 losses where this whole Marve stuff has come up and it's same old same old.

Maybe Marve sucks and people don't want to admit that, maybe he lost his short yardage job cuz he wasn't very good at it. 

Or they can see better than some of us are willing to admit and realized Marve wasn't very good at the short yardage QB sneaks?? I mean that is another possibility. Seeing as tho Marve at times has been stuffed short or even barely got the yard or 6 inches needed for the first down, maybe they decided Brohm is actually the better option??? There is that possibility.  I get it, people love Marve but really, he hasn't really done much to get all this love yet. He actually hasn't done much of anything and I think he has potential but the guy is not going to be the saviour here or anywhere else. I honestly don't think he knows how to read the D yet, if that ever comes, cuz he does have all the tools, but lots of QBs do seem to have all the tools but are missing the smarts to actually become something more than that 3rd string option QB. I feel Marve needs to learn to read a D first before he becomes anything special, until then he's just another guy with tons of potential but.. perhaps not the smarts. Can disagree all you want but... theres been quite a few QB's like Marve who have come to this league with all this potential but just lacked something, I am starting to feel Marve may be similar. I think he lacks the ability to read the D and until he can do that, if he ever can do that... he's not gonna amount to much at all. 

Look at a guy like  Rakeem Cato, you can actually see him going through his reads while scrambling out there, it's not exactly run first for him, for Marve, it has indeed been run first. He seems to lack the ability to read the D, doesn't go through his reads, if the first guy is covered, he's running and that's exciting and all, but.. it's not really sustainable at all, that big 30 yard run Marve has, well maybe if he actually went through his other reads, maybe it's a 50 yard touchdown instead. 

the yard dive is a whole lot of o line and a qb not screwing up. ive never bought this qb is awesome at it personally. Some are awful, most are solid. Its mainly a position not to bang a qb up. I mean really if it was that hard and your facing a turn over on 3rd and less then a yard your gonna leave your best player in. Not pull him for a back up to protect the health of the no1.

How much more can he do with out playing? Im not saying hes earned the starting job. But no2 slot i think i had In tc and pre season. clean up for brohm when willy went down? Yeah id say so. Sure we are all fans and dont know near as much as the coaches. But then the people at tsn and cjob seem to think similarly of marve.