How good is the Bomber's tackling?

BigBlue

Even after a win? If what tsn said is correct this might explain our D right now. In the past 5 seasons they said the bombers have had 5 different DCs but I think it's 4 different DCS in 5 years. Reed Burke Burke Creehan Etch Hall. That can't be good for consistency but I think for the most part it's fine. Can't really crap on the tackling cuz of 1 or 2 maybe 3 plays

No. I found the Bombers to be around the football more than not, and they made the plays like they're supposed to.

If you want to use the word scary, think SJ Green. His receptions were scary. BUT, when you have the time like Cato did tonight, one of the best receivers in the league is going to get open.

According to MOS post game comments, SJG big plays ("explosions" they call them) were due to miscommunication in the defensive backfield. Feels that when communication improves, big plays will go away.

It was an ugly win, but I'll take an ugly win over a pretty loss any day of the week.  The offense didn't score a TD.  The defence allowed 420 yards, but we capitalized on Montreal's mistakes and we played a clean game, no turnovers.  It went down to the wire even with a blocked punt and a pick 6.  All that ends up mattering was that we posted a W.

Kind of scared that TBurg is feeling more positive about the game than I am. Ha ha

You've been consistently posting that everyone is/was too negative, then you went dark. come on man!

you  just had a bad day. 

I thought I saw some tackles that could go in an instruction video on how to make a tackle. And some fearsome hits by the Bombers D backs.

The Bombers found a way to win.  Ultimately, that's all that matters and that's a sign of the team moving in the right direction.  Better execution in the red zone and a stiffening of the defense (say to allowing fewer than 400 yards in a game), and we're pretty close to being there.

Cato was ok. Lots of easy passes Tho. Couple nice ones to green for sure but the picks cost Montreal the win really. Not just the picks. He went out of bounds with 23 seconds left in the half. Clock stopped. Next play. Punt block TD.

He cost the als the game really. He was ok. Not awful but his mistakes cost the als points. 3 or 4 turnovers to none. We won cuz we never turned the ball over. If Montreal had a bad D this would have been a blowout really.

Cato was ok. Lots of easy passes Tho. Couple nice ones to green for sure but the picks cost Montreal the win really. Not just the picks. He went out of bounds with 23 seconds left in the half. Clock stopped. Next play. Punt block TD.

He cost the als the game really. He was ok. Not awful but his mistakes cost the als points. 3 or 4 turnovers to none. We won cuz we never turned the ball over. If Montreal had a bad D this would have been a blowout really.

Kids good but telegraphed his passes real bad. I think having that footage on him definitely allowed us to expoit the rookiness (that a word? Lol) of his game..

He really seems to have a killer tool kit for the CFL tho, mobile and accurate with his throws when he gets to set his feet..

when he gets me off right..
Kato gets you off?

when he gets me off right..
Kato gets you off?

Baahah.. Half asleep and failed to noticed the horrendous autocorrect.. Sigh.

I rewatched the game yesterday and noticed that once the rb broke thru the front four.  Our tacklers were out of position and tackling from the side vs getting square with the rb and tackling from a much better vantage point.  Out of position and misreading the play is usually the reason.  

Coaching should alleviate the problem somewhat but it's still up to the player to make the right play and tackle with correct technique.