Around the CFL Regular Season Discussion

@ArashMadani: Per #CFL sources: Troubled Jags WR Justin Blackmon added to Argos neg list this month. 5th pick in 2012 draft suspended indefinitely by NFL.

And they are welcome to him. He shows every indication that his problems are bigger than his talent.

CFL recognizes NFL suspensions.

Blackmon is an incredible talent... if he gets his act together (HUGE IF) and gets his suspension lifted there's no doubt he'll get another NFL opportunity...

@ArashMadani: Per #CFL sources: Troubled Jags WR Justin Blackmon added to Argos neg list this month. 5th pick in 2012 draft suspended indefinitely by NFL.

And they are welcome to him. He shows every indication that his problems are bigger than his talent.

CFL recognizes NFL suspensions.

Blackmon is an incredible talent... if he gets his act together (HUGE IF) and gets his suspension lifted there's no doubt he'll get another NFL opportunity...

I use him regularly in Madden! Sooo yeah....don't really know where I'm going with this post....

Wow, Simmons would have been great on our right side.  Conditional 7th...  what's the point of all these 7th round picks, no talent left in the draft by then

I think that's why teams are so willing to give them up.  And if you have a player that you aren't planning on using and whose salary is now guaranteed, why not get that salary off the books and potentially add a Canadian asset?

Wow, Simmons would have been great on our right side.  Conditional 7th...  what's the point of all these 7th round picks, no talent left in the draft by then

I think that's why teams are so willing to give them up.  And if you have a player that you aren't planning on using and whose salary is now guaranteed, why not get that salary off the books and potentially add a Canadian asset?

True, just surprised that Simmons can't even rank a 4th or 5th rounder

@mattsekeres: Would not be shocked if @BCLions fire HC Jeff Tedford if lose tonight vs. @MTLAlouettes. If so, Wally Buono goes back to sidelines. #CFL

WOW that's a huge one... similar to Popp/Hawkins.... 

They could probably trade him for a conditional 7th round pick instead... seems to be the going rate these days...

Well, the precedents are being set, so O'Shea is going to start hesitating to answer his phone and may well go completely MIA if the Bombers lose the next two. Better to jump before you are pushed, but its darned rare for coaches and GMs to fall on their swords, no matter how crappy they were. After all, they are always on the verge of an incredible turnaround in the club's fortunes.

Tedford has the profile you would expect to see in a good coach- a decent but not great player who had a good career due more to using his head as opposed to being gifted, then moving up through coaching to the pro level. Oh, well, hard to win without a competitive quarterback.

If BC loses and the Bombers get beaten by the Riders twice in the next two weeks, we could have a baker's hat trick of canned coaches this year- might be some kind of record..

As much as you seem to think otherwise MOS is going nowhere. Learn to accept that

I can't disagree with you on that. When nothing changes, nothing changes. I've finally learned to set the bar for my expectations very low in the past few years.

I really think MOS has what it takes. Get the impression he knows a lot more than he lets on in the media.

He knows what the team is lacking. Set him up with a decent squad and capably OC and he'd be fine.

His mistake was picking MB as his OC. 

I would can MB today and Walters at year end. Get a real OC and someone who can find players like John Murphy. Then see what MOS can do.

Tedford has the profile you would expect to see in a good coach- a decent but not great player who had a good career due more to using his head as opposed to being gifted, then moving up through coaching to the pro level. Oh, well, hard to win without a competitive quarterback.

I agree 100% about Tedford. Would have loved to see him here.