Friday's Preseason Game - Tickets?

I remembered I also promised the Blue Bastard at last year's Grey Cup game that I would see him again this year. For all of you guys who have not met the Blue Bastard, I strongly suggest that you make the effort. Helluva guy!

3rxfAi1U.jpeg

yeah I know the blue bastard... friend of a friend... actually knew him before I knew he was blue bastard, haha... but anyways, I suspect he'll be here for the GC...

How does park and ride work if you need to leave the game early? Is there some place to park within walking distance the game? (even if I have to give my son a piggy back ride)

We never left a game early, because darn it, it was the 1970's and my dad paid dearly for those seats (even if someone gave him tickets) and we were going to watch every second, and if I didn't like it, that was just too bad, no more games for me. Red Forman was kind of the model for dads in the 1970's. Plus, I was never bored so that helped too. From the first play of the first game I ever attended at age 6, I was smitten. I hope your son is too.

I get that.. But its supposed to be pouring out and 2-3 hours is a long time to be sitting in one sport for an almost 5 year old.. and i'm not sure how well he is going to do with the crowd.. He was fine at the jets jame and yelled go jets go pretty much the whole time but we were alot closer to the action there.

That, and i want him to enjoy it and be up to going with me again.. Be he has been asking for two years but he has yet to watch a whole game with me yet on tv. But he did sit through most of the first preseason game with the choppy feed..  Guess we will find out.. I can always catch a cab or a normal bus back to taylor and pembina.

Last year my boy made it until the 3rd quarter before he was ready to leave. He was only 3 and a half.

Bring some snacks. May keep him occupied longer. 

Last year my boy made it until the 3rd quarter before he was ready to leave. He was only 3 and a half.

A few years ago I was at a game sitting on the west side behind the Bomber bench and I had a mother and small kid behind me, and the kid kept asking mundane questions and the mom kept answering them, right in my ear. I was able to ignore the banter for the most part but then there was some horrible call by the ref so I started yelling, using a few choice words, forgetting about the kid sitting behind me. Suddenly I hear this little voice say "Mommy why is that man so angry" and the mom says "Because the ref is a moron dear"....ha ha ha

A few years ago I was at a game sitting on the west side behind the Bomber bench and I had a mother and small kid behind me, and the kid kept asking mundane questions and the mom kept answering them, right in my ear. I was able to ignore the banter for the most part but then there was some horrible call by the ref so I started yelling, using a few choice words, forgetting about the kid sitting behind me. Suddenly I hear this little voice say "Mommy why is that man so angry" and the mom says "Because the ref is a moron dear"....ha ha ha

I bring my daughter (7 now) every year. it's a 50/50 chance she's  really into it.  But usually a wireless device keeps her from asking every 2 minutes if we can go yet. 

How does park and ride work if you need to leave the game early? Is there some place to park within walking distance the game? (even if I have to give my son a piggy back ride)

Victoria Hospital has always had parking available and in my opinion not having to cross Pembina with a child is key.

It is an official place to park? IE they have people taking money for game day parking?

or what?

Yes, it's "official" parking for the games. Someone will be there to take your $$. I don't remember what they charged, I had left my stadium parking pass in the other car and was already grumpy.

I bring my daughter (7 now) every year. it's a 50/50 chance she's  really into it.  But usually a wireless device keeps her from asking every 2 minutes if we can go yet. 

I brought my kids a couple of years ago (5 and 7 at the time) and I just forced them to suck it up till the end.  Sometimes (depending on age) you just gotta make them stick it through and suck it up.

Victoria Hospital has always had parking available and in my opinion not having to cross Pembina with a child is key.

They gotta learn how to cross the crazy Winnipeg streets sometimes.  :D

Hey Bigg Jay, guess you won't wanna let me have those vouchers if yea still got em.. Seeing as ya have me blocked it seems lol :).

Anyone else with an extra set looking to part ways or even a single? I got ditched by wife n kid ( they took off to the lake and left me to dog sit lol)

They gotta learn how to cross the crazy Winnipeg streets sometimes.  :D

Pretty sure there are these new tangled devices called cross walks too.. A magical corridor of white lines and flashing lights that teleport you (albeit slowly) across all lanes of traffic! ;)

Hey Bigg Jay, guess you won't wanna let me have those vouchers if yea still got em.. Seeing as ya have me blocked it seems lol :).

Anyone else with an extra set looking to part ways or even a single? I got ditched by wife n kid ( they took off to the lake and left me to dog sit lol)

Weird, I have very few people (the obvious trolls) blocked so I'll check my settings to see what's up.

At any rate, I still have them so they are yours.  I'll try to msg you & hopefully that works.

Just so he can see your post.

Whoops, ninja'ed.

Weird, I have very few people (the obvious trolls) blocked so I'll check my settings to see what's up.

At any rate, I still have them so they are yours.  I'll try to msg you & hopefully that works.

Awesome thanks again! Was a great night for footbal minus the scoreboard result..

weird thing about that game on friday is i got there just before half time cuz i was watching my sons football practice,  while i got the metal detecting wand search, there was nobody there at any door of gate 3 doing the usual ticket scan.  Is this because it was preseason or is this common after a certain point in the game?

weird thing about that game on friday is i got there just before half time cuz i was watching my sons football practice, while i got the metal detecting wand search, there was nobody there at any door of gate 3 doing the usual ticket scan. Is this because it was preseason or is this common after a certain point in the game?

So you just walked right in without needing a ticket?

My son had an okay time.. He was asking if it was almost over during the first quater.. Then i got him a horn and I'm sure he annoyed everyone around us.. but there were other kids with them so i didn't really care.. There were ALOT of empty seats around us.. 

But since we were so slow leaving the upper deck after the game i noticed they were allowing people on the field which i didn't know was a thing :) He was very very happy to play on the field for along time.    he had a meltdown on the way out of the stadium but it was 3 hours past his normal bed time :) 

He Wants to go again.

My son had an okay time.. He was asking if it was almost over during the first quater.. Then i got him a horn and I'm sure he annoyed everyone around us.. but there were other kids with them so i didn't really care.. There were ALOT of empty seats around us.. 

But since we were so slow leaving the upper deck after the game i noticed they were allowing people on the field which i didn't know was a thing :) He was very very happy to play on the field for along time.    he had a meltdown on the way out of the stadium but it was 3 hours past his normal bed time :)

He Wants to go again.

That last line is what counts!!

weird thing about that game on friday is i got there just before half time cuz i was watching my sons football practice, while i got the metal detecting wand search, there was nobody there at any door of gate 3 doing the usual ticket scan. Is this because it was preseason or is this common after a certain point in the game?

So you just walked right in without needing a ticket?

yep after a quick wand search of me (not my soon to be 11 year old) we walked in,  i stopped at first to look around holding ticket in hand but not a single person with the ticket scanner,  so we kept on going and took our seats.

I also took my son to Nickleback/Pretty Reckless in March,  we did have our tickets scanned at the doors going into the MTS center,  but he didnt get searched there either. Im a little surprised by this. Not that i would think a 10-11 year old is carrying anything illegal or on the banned list of items they are looking for,  but who knows anymore with such messed up ppl in the world. 

I can't wait until the regular season starts, preseason crowd is ... bad.

Some guy in my row shoved me out of the way because he tried to walk by my seat in the middle of a play and I asked him to wait until the play was over. :lol:

Some drunk kid did the same to me in my row. He was scrounging for empty beer cups to add to the beer snake and was messing around by people's feet until our patience was lost and he was "kindly" asked to leave.

I'm all for harmless fun, but if this is what the return of the beer snake is going to result in (again!) every game then consider me unimpressed. Just wait until the dismantling of the snake leads to another cup throwing spectacle, and the club will ban it faster than Robert Marve abandons his progression reads and takes off running.

Some guy in my row shoved me out of the way because he tried to walk by my seat in the middle of a play and I asked him to wait until the play was over. :lol:

Quit your whining Mancy, what did you expect me to do?

It's not like anything exciting could be happening - Marve wasn't in the game yet.

That's some **** move there.

It never ceases to amazing me how clueless some people are when they attend events.  Sit your ass down between plays.  Wait in the aisle until a play is over before disrupting people (and their view).  Hell .. my six year old understands this concept.