Friday's Preseason Game - Tickets?

So....are you guys saying you don't have tickets for sale?

Comedy geek, I got the FREE buddy voucher tickets, but have already offered them out to another party. And no, I'm not charging them money for a ticket I got FOR FREE. However, if they fall through, I'd be happy to offer them up to you as I have no need for the extra tickets myself (using my own 2). I'll know by day's end if they are committing to them or not, so I'll p.m. you if the tickets open up.

Appreciate it either way!

Send me a pm, and I'll take care of you.

Comedy geek, I got the FREE buddy voucher tickets, but have already offered them out to another party. And no, I'm not charging them money for a ticket I got FOR FREE. However, if they fall through, I'd be happy to offer them up to you as I have no need for the extra tickets myself (using my own 2). I'll know by day's end if they are committing to them or not, so I'll p.m. you if the tickets open up.

Now that's service!

Now ... to create a thread asking for free Grey Cup Festival event tickets. :lol:

Now that's service!

Now ... to create a thread asking for free Grey Cup Festival event tickets. :lol:

Curious what people's thoughts are on the price of those tix.....for the concerts etc...

Now that's service!

Curious what people's thoughts are on the price of those tix.....for the concerts etc...

The events I'd like to go to would cost me $500 just for myself. So ... pricey. But I understand why. That is 6 events, as well.

The events I'd like to go to would cost me $500 just for myself. So ... pricey. But I understand why. That is 6 events, as well.

am seriously thinking of coming out this year, though there is no way I'm going to watch the game live unless man-made climate change works some miracles on the November weather. What are the events you guys are thinking of attending? I really want to get to Touchdown Manitoba this year.

am seriously thinking of coming out this year, though there is no way I'm going to watch the game live unless man-made climate change works some miracles on the November weather. What are the events you guys are thinking of attending? I really want to get to Touchdown Manitoba this year.

I'm doing the same - driving out but not going to the game (I AM too poor).  Usually Spirit of Edmonton is a good (free, IIRC) time, along with TD Manitoba.

I've got my GC tix, but the various events seem pricey. We shall see. Definitely want to get to TD Manitoba, and maybe the CFLPA Party...

Now, it's been a few (four...) years since I went to that, but the players were separated in the VIP area.  If you have access to that area, it's open bar and pretty awesome (from what I remember....).

I wonder if Gregg Zaun will be doing anything... I've missed the past two GC's but in Toronto he threw a pretty good (open bar, concerts, raffles etc) party.  My friend got cockblocked by Damon Allen at that party, it was a good'er.

If anyone wants to donate two tickets for me and my girl friend I mean that would be greatly appreciated.. Shes lived in Winnipeg for 8 years and hasn't been to a single game. I got us tickets to the first regular season game but it so happens we both have this Friday off, so if anyone wants to help me create a new fan that would be great  :P

I've got my GC tix, but the various events seem pricey. We shall see. Definitely want to get to TD Manitoba, and maybe the CFLPA Party...

Now, it's been a few (four...) years since I went to that, but the players were separated in the VIP area.  If you have access to that area, it's open bar and pretty awesome (from what I remember....).

I wonder if Gregg Zaun will be doing anything... I've missed the past two GC's but in Toronto he threw a pretty good (open bar, concerts, raffles etc) party.  My friend got cockblocked by Damon Allen at that party, it was a good'er.

Greg Zaun said he was going to be doing something. We gave him a bunch of ideas where to have it. Gregg is a really good guy talks to everyone at the party was walking around with his camera last year taking pictures with everyone.

Again, I've been (relatively) poor....but I certainly would never admit it. The thing is, there's this whole "Winnipeggers are proud to be cheap and always looking for a deal" thing that I've never understood. I can't even fathom that mentality of always looking for a discount. 

Sounds like you just did  ;)

For 4 or 5 of my first years as a ST holder I was in school, and living on my own... so I get the cash crunch... I managed... endzone tickets and sneaking whiskey into every game certainly helped...  :wacko:   :blink:  (which one looks more like a drunk guy face??)

I assume you guys are referring to baseball's Don Cherry when you say Greg Zaun?

Probably? I'll admit I had no idea who he was and got dragged by friends to the party in Toronto.  Supposedly he fell in love with the CFL and the party of the Grey Cup, so wanted to do a party every year.  I just know it was a good time, he seemed like a nice guy.  He is a Riders fan though...

How does park and ride work if you need to leave the game early? Is there some place to park within walking distance the game? (even if I have to give my son a piggy back ride)

I'm fairly sure they don't leave until the game is over... I took it a few times over the past two years...

Luckily I have a friend who lives off of University, so I can park in his driveway, about a 15 min walk...

How does park and ride work if you need to leave the game early? Is there some place to park within walking distance the game? (even if I have to give my son a piggy back ride)

We never left a game early, because darn it, it was the 1970's and my dad paid dearly for those seats (even if someone gave him tickets) and we were going to watch every second, and if I didn't like it, that was just too bad, no more games for me. Red Forman was kind of the model for dads in the 1970's. Plus, I was never bored so that helped too. From the first play of the first game I ever attended at age 6, I was smitten. I hope your son is too.

Victoria Hospital has always had parking available and in my opinion not having to cross Pembina with a child is key.

Excited to be going to the game on Friday with my out-of-town friend (thanks to the generosity of MBB!). Now I'm just gonna have to decide which games I'm going to get a mini pack to, and if I want to spend a bit more to sit closer to the action this year.

As for the Grey Cup Festival, I definitely hope to get to TD Manitoba. Outside of that, my offer still stands of holding a MBB party at my venue, with live music and whatnot. No cover, of course (for any of the poor people out there ;) ).

Victoria Hospital has always had parking available and in my opinion not having to cross Pembina with a child is key.

It is an official place to park? IE they have people taking money for game day parking?

or what?

We never left a game early, because darn it, it was the 1970's and my dad paid dearly for those seats (even if someone gave him tickets) and we were going to watch every second, and if I didn't like it, that was just too bad, no more games for me. Red Forman was kind of the model for dads in the 1970's. Plus, I was never bored so that helped too. From the first play of the first game I ever attended at age 6, I was smitten. I hope your son is too.

I get that.. But its supposed to be pouring out and 2-3 hours is a long time to be sitting in one sport for an almost 5 year old.. and i'm not sure how well he is going to do with the crowd.. He was fine at the jets jame and yelled go jets go pretty much the whole time but we were alot closer to the action there.

That, and i want him to enjoy it and be up to going with me again.. Be he has been asking for two years but he has yet to watch a whole game with me yet on tv. But he did sit through most of the first preseason game with the choppy feed..  Guess we will find out.. I can always catch a cab or a normal bus back to taylor and pembina.