TC Day 3

*sigh*

Didn't think we'd have to explain this to some people, but there's somebody who likes to register for this forum and past versions of a Blue Bomber fan forum once a year or so and post things meant entirely to stir the pot. He's not actually attending practices, the stuff he's sharing is absolutely 100% fictional with a bit of truth he's pulled from other reports just to legitimize his claims and he's not actually a football scout or something with a background like he claims to be, he's just careful in how he crafts his messages in order to deceive whoever he can. This was just his latest attempt and besides the Tuscaloosa account, he also registered a few others in the past day or so to try and continue stirring the pot.

I know some of you think it's funny, some of you think it's entertainment but it's a major headache for us to do clean up on everything involved.

Hey fellas, great to be back after my banning. Lets get on with the show. Day 3 is in the books.

BEST of CAMP

FANS great crowd. Fans were situated around the west side of the field and nice to see everyone filling the space up. It was a beautiful sunny day so big turn-out.

Bombers mgnt They could have offered people umbrellas as it was pouring rain today.

BARRON MILES What did he do? he showed up. So glad we got a respectable coordinator to coach our defense.

MIKE WILLIE this guy just might be the player we have been waiting for. By far the best WR in camp on day 3.

BRUCE JOHNSON came to play on day 3. Great in drills. Vocal leader with attitude for his fellow DB's and broke up pass after pass in WR drills.

WORST in CAMP

DAN WEST did not practice cause he was tired. It doesn't matter the reason you gotta be ready on day 3. Anyone that disagrees with me leads a weak-minded life.

Addison Richards - Lets just say that if this was the NCAA he'd be long gone by now. And I know this because Lou Holtz is my best friend in the whole world, and you don't know anything about football.

Lots of rookies sloppy practice habbits too many to name but my gosh some have zero skill and do not take to coaching. Buck Pierce needs to correct the mistakes of these players which shows me he shouldn't be a coach. He is a vocal coach that instructs on a structure. That is not good coaching. The drills were extremely sloppy. Some of the players just did not listen.

We have no coaching, no running backs and no management. O'Shea and Kyle Walters should be fired, and Danny McManus should be the president and general manager. And I should be director of player personnel. Because I know Chip Kelly. And I am smarter than you.

lol sounds like a great day in Bomberland!

The fact that it made Mike post a pouty "Hey you guyyyyyyyyyys.........." post makes it all wortwhile.......... :)  #LoveYouMike

Has more to do with the work it creates for Rich. I rarely do anything around here. :unsure:

The fact that it made Mike post a pouty "Hey you guyyyyyyyyyys.........." post makes it all wortwhile.......... :)  #LoveYouMike

Has more to do with the work it creates for Rich. I rarely do anything around here. :unsure:

You kicked Tuscaloosa out of the chat room last night.  That was after he started talking to the voices in his head.  Just when it started to get interesting.

The fact that it made Mike post a pouty "Hey you guyyyyyyyyyys.........." post makes it all wortwhile.......... :) #LoveYouMike

Has more to do with the work it creates for Rich. I rarely do anything around here. :unsure:

The site isn't a whole lot of work to run. I don't do a whole lot more then you.

The place mostly runs itself, which is a tribute to the posters and community we have here.

The fact that it made Mike post a pouty "Hey you guyyyyyyyyyys.........." post makes it all wortwhile.......... :) #LoveYouMike

Has more to do with the work it creates for Rich. I rarely do anything around here. :unsure:

The site isn't a whole lot of work to run. I don't do a whole lot more then you.

The place mostly runs itself, which is a tribute to the posters and community we have here.

Okay everyone, ignore me!

All the same, we really appreciate all the work you and all the mods do Rich.  I honestly really mean that.

I heard they were going to have only one practice today, then went and had another SECRET practice

Okay everyone, ignore me!

We're trying but you keep interrupting us.

All the same, we really appreciate all the work you and all the mods do Rich.  I honestly really mean that.

^^^ x2

Off the top of my head... Why do I care what ailment a player has...

I like to work with facts, not conjecture. (Stops fan arguments.  Some fans know that an injury is something serious, others know that it's really nothing others know that the player is just doggin it, still others know it's something that's embarrassing to a player like a kick in the nuts. The actual facts get rid of all these dumb arguments.)

I like to know if this is part of a recurring problem or something new.  (Example: Does Addison have another concussion, is it his knee or is it something else?)

I don't trust the info coming from the Bombers regarding injury time frames.  (A day becomes a day or two becomes several days becomes ????)

I like to know if we have to replace a guy going forward or if it's just a day or two off.  (Losing Bryant or Picard for any length of time would be a huge problem)

I like my HC to treat everyone like an adult and know that they can handle the truth when the get it.  (I hate the sneering, the lack of information, the barely suppressed 'You don't need to know anything' that O'Shea uses.  Media's part of his job.  Get better at it or the media will bite him as soon as they can.)

Off the top of my head... Why do I care what ailment a player has...

I like to work with facts, not conjecture. (Stops fan arguments.  Some fans know that an injury is something serious, others know that it's really nothing others know that the player is just doggin it, still others know it's something that's embarrassing to a player like a kick in the nuts. The actual facts get rid of all these dumb arguments.)

I like to know if this is part of a recurring problem or something new.  (Example: Does Addison have another concussion, is it his knee or is it something else?)

I don't trust the info coming from the Bombers regarding injury time frames.  (A day becomes a day or two becomes several days becomes ????)

I like to know if we have to replace a guy going forward or if it's just a day or two off.  (Losing Bryant or Picard for any length of time would be a huge problem)

I like my HC to treat everyone like an adult and know that they can handle the truth when the get it.  (I hate the sneering, the lack of information, the barely suppressed 'You don't need to know anything' that O'Shea uses.  Media's part of his job.  Get better at it or the media will bite him as soon as they can.)

You say you like to work with facts and not conjecture yet you have already shown in the past that you will only believe what the coach says if it fits what you currently believe to be the truth.  So even if he fully disclosed injuries, there is a good chance that you would choose to believe he is lying.

As for timeframes, injuries aren't always an exact science.  Players have setbacks while training or rehabbing.  

The truth is that there is a very small percentage of fans that follow these things as closely as the people on this site do, and satisfying their curiosity does not out weigh the cons of fully disclosing injuries.  The way I see it is that there are two main reasons why they don't disclose injuries:

1)  First, medical conditions are a personal matter and a player would have to agree to have their injury disclosed for a coach to get up in public and do so.  This is a matter of a right to privacy between a player and a doctor.  I've heard Maurice say this a number of times in his interviews for Jets players.  That due to privacy of medical information, he does not have the right to disclose ailments of other people without their permission.  Is he making that up to not answer the question?  Possibly, I'm not a privacy lawyer, but that explanation certainly makes sense to me.

2)  Injuries rarely fully heal during the season and they won't other teams targeting those injuries to take a player out during a game.  This is just common sense and the reason why most teams in any sport don't fully disclose injury information.

As for how O'Shea treats the media.  I can understand why he has the disdain he does for the questions they ask, but I agree he needs to work on how he handles them better.