TC Report - Day Two

It was a cold morning at practice. Obviously not as many were in attendance but still a decent turnout. I left early in 2nd half of practice but got a chance to see some great up and close

battles.

I spoke with someone close to the WBB and advised me that he has hard a rumor the bombers negotiating a contract with a well known player. We can discuss who that be. 

Heard members of the media mention how the last few days they noticed how divided the group is.. Everyone is in groups (which is very rare for a TC) - nobody talking to one another - dining schedule is different. not sure what it was all about but maybe they have been talking about this since yesterday. Wasn't going to bring it up. Maybe tweet one of the fellas.

BEST TODAY

Barron Miles is gonna help out big time. All over the field and very hands on. This is how you coach. Going to be a great head coach someday.

Lavasier Tuinei came to make the roster and there is no way he is going anywhere. Very fast - catches everything - and blocks extremely well. Chip Kelly and the staff coached him very well. You can see why he was the Rose Bowl MVP as you need to be explosive and sharp with routes playing against big 10 teams. Size helps him a little but he plays his position perfectly. Going to be better than Chris Matthews for the WBB. 

Demond Washington was pretty good in practice today. Some of the fans were giving him a hard time today about roughing up the receivers but that's what you want. He has the foot speed to play within the rules. And the new rules will benefit him as he was always playing under those rules at Auburn. He will play a read-zone technique that will allow him to be off 3-5 yards that can net him some INT's this year. I expect some INT's at wide side of the field.

Goosen wasn't that bad on day 1 and did a pretty good job on day 2. His run blocking was very, very, very good on many occasions.

WORST TODAY

RB's. all of them. again in drills were very sloppy. Maybe Buck needs to send a message with MOS and cut some players asap. Not one of the RB's looked good. If I had to chose (1) to say who was good. It would have been Cameron. At least he can catch with speed out of the backfield with ease. That's his style and I can see him being a much more useful back than Grigsby was.

Addison Richards is his name? not sure. But consensus among those chatting with the media that he is holding off playing. He knows he has a roster spot locked up so why risk injury. Right? or maybe wrong. I don't think its a bad injury. I think camp is overwhelming and he wants to be 100% and not struggle at all. Which reminds me what many CIS players say amongst the creachers. He ain't gonna quit but he needs to suck it up and get out there. His teammates are noticing this.

Stanley Bryant was so-so on day 1 and what others told me he was getting beat badly in drills. So I paid attention to him today before he stumbled with an injury (not sure if he returned) and yes he did get beat. So maybe he is not a practice guy. But he was getting beat to the edge quite a bit.

I might not be at practice tomorrow as I am leaving on a business trip this evening and tomorrow is a short practice. But i'll try to get on with you guys again in the chat room this evening. Say 10pm. Great fun talking to you all about camp last evening.

BS-Meter.gif

Actually, twice now in the scrimmage he's beat Daniels

Good for Weatherman... err Westerman... bad on Daniels.

any reports for our awesome group of long-haired Cdn LBs - Hurl, Newman, Waggoner and Briggs. :wub:

Hurl continues to play a lot at MLB in the drills and scrimmages. Wouldn't surprise me to two starting Canadian linebackers to start the season. 

Actually, twice now in the scrimmage he's beat Daniels

Good for Weatherman... err Westerman... bad on Daniels.

any reports for our awesome group of long-haired Cdn LBs - Hurl, Newman, Waggoner and Briggs. :wub:

Hurl continues to play a lot at MLB in the drills and scrimmages. Wouldn't surprise me to two starting Canadian linebackers to start the season. 

If this works out Bucknor may be in jeopardy with Randle on one corner and Johnny Adams on the other.  Newman might rotate in as a LB as well.

I read a report that Chungh is seriously sucking wind after every play, this might put to rest the Greaves trade rumours.

I'm not sure what their intention is if they do start two Canadian LBs, but you're right in that it could mean we don't need Bucknor at corner. Bucknor and Morgan worked in the same corner spot today from what I could tell though. They could easily go Canadian there still because of that depth.

And unrelated, but Reaves worked at Kohlert's wideout spot today as well. I had meant to mention this earlier. Reaves is quite a work in progress. He's got some decent physical tools but I don't think he's as good a receiver almost anyone out there. Thinking he's a PR project, but it allows them, like at CB, to have a Canadian WR spot occupied with a current starter and project player.

Its funny, Bob Irving was walking around behind me for a good portion of practice, and I saw Tait and Wiecek discussing amongst themselves as well. 

I'm not sure where TuscaloosaBlue is getting his info from but I can wager a few guesses. Most of which will be censored.

I would say thin air but the air here isn't that stinky ...

Its funny, Bob Irving was walking around behind me for a good portion of practice, and I saw Tait and Wiecek discussing amongst themselves as well. 

I'm not sure where TuscaloosaBlue is getting his info from but I can wager a few guesses. Most of which will be censored.

Was Bob stalking you again?

Addison Richards is his name? not sure. But consensus among those chatting with the media that he is holding off playing. He knows he has a roster spot locked up so why risk injury. Right? or maybe wrong. I don't think its a bad injury. I think camp is overwhelming and he wants to be 100% and not struggle at all. Which reminds me what many CIS players say amongst the creachers. He ain't gonna quit but he needs to suck it up and get out there. His teammates are noticing this.

Huh?

he is choosing to sit out on his own since he want to be 100%

Your reality and mine are very different.

Huh?

what don't you understand? lol like are you serous. 

Huh?

what don't you understand? lol like are you serous. 

Its ridiculous to think that a player, a draftee no less, is sitting himself out so that he is 100% for the season and has already made the team.

No.. no he has not made the team yet, he may have a leg up as he is CDN and was drafted, but the team is not goign to keep him around if he isn't able to play.

i would expect some cuts at RB. They all have been horrible except for flashes from Cameron. Buck better get his butt in gear and them going or our OL and QB will be pressured all season long.

Cotton had a fumble yesterday, but other than that I thought he looked great.  Looked like he was running with a purpose...running angry.  You don't agree with that?

Cotton had a fumble yesterday, but other than that I thought he looked great.  Looked like he was running with a purpose...running angry.  You don't agree with that?

To be totally fair, you had the benefit of actually being there, as opposed to pretending to be there.

i would expect some cuts at RB. They all have been horrible except for flashes from Cameron. Buck better get his butt in gear and them going or our OL and QB will be pressured all season long.

But how did he look in the jet package?

Here is an itinerary of things I did not know about Chad Rempel.

Rempel played three years of university football with the Saskatchewan Huskies football team and was drafted in the third round of the CFL Canadian draft in 2004 by the Edmonton Eskimos, only to be released on June 5.

In 2005, Rempel was invited to the Hamilton Tiger-Cats' training camp, but was also released. Later that year, he joined the Winnipeg Blue Bombers as a backup wide receiver and special teams player.

On June 10, 2006, Rempel was cut by the Blue Bombers in training camp. Rempel was later signed by the Toronto Argonauts on August 2.

On March 22, 2009, Rempel was a member of Lyndon Rush's bobsleigh team that won the Canadian four-man bobsleigh championship in Whistler, British Columbia.[1]

Rempel was re-signed by the Montreal Alouettes on June 7, 2009. He was released on June 11, 2009. He re-signed with the Toronto Argonauts on July 20, 2009.

On April 7, 2014, Rempel was signed by the Bears.[2] He was released on August 18.[3]

On September 25, 2014, the Saskatchewan Roughriders signed Rempel to a contract.