CFL Supplemental Draft

Kelly was misunderstood by the people who didn't realize he was terrible.

I honestly believe coach Kelly got caught up in an absolutely perfect **** storm with everything raining on him.. His standoffish stance didn't help matters at all but I mean the guy just won a coach of the year award.. Granted it's just ECAC conference coach of the year but still university level and still a solid award. Clearly he did not work here when he was here but I think it just wasn't the right time for his style of coaching..

If the end game is to see if ww can bulk him up to be a WIL or better yet MAC then i will be astounded with how well this offseason and draft went.. if he ends up SAM, CB or safety i will still be pleased as punch. regardless, optimism is very high that we will finally not NEED to raid another teams cuts for depth..

But if James Green comes available, y'know, tradition is tradition...

What's funny is I really wouldn't mind picking him up if he did shake loose lol. Very good ST guy.

Yup was posted earlier by someone, This is pretty crazy actually, at least 2 other teams bid a first round pick in 2016 for Waggoner.. Tells me the kid has some skills. Like this move by Walters lots actually.

Our Canadian depth has improved vastly since Walters took over, it's really crazy to think where we were under Joe Mack even Canadian depth wise to now... Night and Day for real. 

Also don't forget about the dark Mike Kelly year....  ugh completely destroyed our team...

That was many years ago now, Kelly might have done some damage to the team but... Mack had a chance to fix it and didn't. Kelly had 1 year, Mack had what? 3.. this is walters what? 2nd? And for as much heat as this may get, I think Mike Kelly was quite misunderstood, yup he told it like it was, fans and media didn't like that but... reality is, if he was given 3 years like Mack was, my guess, the team is better off now than it was under Mack canadian depth wise at least...

Can talk about Mike Kelly messing up all you want but his main man was John Murphy who is now in Calgary with Huff, Murphy knows his stuff, the 'database' was legit, just never got more than a year to see what it could do. 

Not sure how Mike Kelly would ever have got that done when he traded our draft picks away like they were Skittles on Halloween. Kelly was not misunderstood...he was terrible. Suggesting anything else is revisionist history. Take a look at the draft picks he traded away in his one year and tell me with a straight face that our NI talent would have been better with him.

Also consider that he was going to trade Doug Brown as well. Kelly was the worst thing to happen to this teams NI depth. 

Kelly was misunderstood by the people who didn't realize he was terrible.

I honestly believe coach Kelly got caught up in an absolutely perfect **** storm with everything raining on him.. His standoffish stance didn't help matters at all but I mean the guy just won a coach of the year award.. Granted it's just ECAC conference coach of the year but still university level and still a solid award. Clearly he did not work here when he was here but I think it just wasn't the right time for his style of coaching..

He had some serious anger management issues, for one thing.  Swearing at poor old Mitch and Bob on live radio was a sign that something wasn't right and therapy was needed.  I wish him all the best wherever he is now, and please please consider coming back to the CFL sometime, and please let it be any other team other than Winnipeg.

So with Waggoner and Chung we got a couple dominant Canadians in the draft this year. I haven't felt this good about the team since 2007 TBH.

Hopefully we can hang onto these guys long term. Futures lookin bright

It's amazing what you can do when you actually have some loose purse strings and are allowed to hire quality people to go find quality players.  Imagine that eh? :)

I've said it before and I'll say it again, as soon as I saw that Danny Mac was coming on board, I knew that things were turning around for the better.

We lose a rivalry game at home (2009 Banjo Bowl) by 55-10.  While trudging home, stinking of gin, I get to hear Kelly on OB Postgame, talk about how great Rider fans are, followed up by asserting ......that any Bomber fans who would criticize this particular  result.....are not real fans.....

Jackhole.

We lose a rivalry game at home (2009 Banjo Bowl) by 55-10.  While trudging home, stinking of gin, I get to hear Kelly on OB Postgame, talk about how great Rider fans are, followed up by asserting ......that any Bomber fans who would criticize this particular  result.....are not real fans.....

Jackhole.

He singlehandedly removed any credibility we had as a franchise. It was a clown show during his time here and the Bombers came off looking like a nightmare. People fail to understand that the damage he did was not just for one year. We are STILL trying to recover from that. When someone does so much damage to a franchises credibility amongst the fans, media, players, scouts, and agents it takes YEARS to build the trust again. Kelly is equally responsible for the failures we have had since his tenure than anyone. His damage did not stop the day we fired him. He screwed us over to the point of needing years just to rebuild from his errors. Worst Bomber employee of all time.

After Kelly, players didn't want to be here and they didn't want to come here. Agents wouldn't even pick up the phone to talk to the Bombers about playing here. We were the least desirable destination in professional football. I guess you could call us football Hell. Mack and Buchko, may have been a lot of things, but at least they were professional and started us, as a franchise, back on the road to being a professionally run franchise. They got this team in about as bad a shape as one could inherit a team and with limited options on making it better since Kelly traded away all our draft picks for magic beans.

Yup was posted earlier by someone, This is pretty crazy actually, at least 2 other teams bid a first round pick in 2016 for Waggoner.. Tells me the kid has some skills. Like this move by Walters lots actually.

Our Canadian depth has improved vastly since Walters took over, it's really crazy to think where we were under Joe Mack even Canadian depth wise to now... Night and Day for real. 

Also don't forget about the dark Mike Kelly year....  ugh completely destroyed our team...

That was many years ago now, Kelly might have done some damage to the team but... Mack had a chance to fix it and didn't. Kelly had 1 year, Mack had what? 3.. this is walters what? 2nd? And for as much heat as this may get, I think Mike Kelly was quite misunderstood, yup he told it like it was, fans and media didn't like that but... reality is, if he was given 3 years like Mack was, my guess, the team is better off now than it was under Mack canadian depth wise at least...

Can talk about Mike Kelly messing up all you want but his main man was John Murphy who is now in Calgary with Huff, Murphy knows his stuff, the 'database' was legit, just never got more than a year to see what it could do. 

Sounds pretty reasonable. How did you get in here? You need to throw a wild ass accusation or pugnacious prognostication  to be liked you know. 

looks like the lions also offered their first rd pick for him as well

this is from 3downnation report

The club made an honest effort to secure DB Garrett Waggoner in Wednesday’s supplemental draft, offering up their first round pick in 2016, but Winnipeg swooped in with the same offer and won his services based on the fact they finished worse than the Lions in 2014. Waggoner had previously been on the Lions negotiation list.

Jackhole.

Jackhole.

He didn't just burn bridges with the fans. He did so at every level possible and then poured Napalm on them to make sure they were really torched.

Sounds pretty reasonable. How did you get in here? You need to throw a wild ass accusation or pugnacious prognostication  to be liked you know. 

Dr Seuss is that you? lol

The club made an honest effort to secure DB Garrett Waggoner in Wednesday’s supplemental draft, offering up their first round pick in 2016, but Winnipeg swooped in with the same offer and won his services based on the fact they finished worse than the Lions in 2014. Waggoner had previously been on the Lions negotiation list.

You shouldn't need other GM's to justify the decision but after the way Kelly and Mack went their own way it is good to know that other GM's saw something in this guy worth throwing all the chips to the center of the table.

I know we shouldn't dwell on the past but the present is not good enough to make the future so enticing. But I am still getting excited about this season.

You shouldn't need other GM's to justify the decision but after the way Kelly and Mack went their own way it is good to know that other GM's saw something in this guy worth throwing all the chips to the center of the table.

I know we shouldn't dwell on the past but the present is not good enough to make the future so enticing. But I am still getting excited about this season.

For sure. Walters is showing that he, at the very least, will not stand by and watch other teams get better. I like the all in approach. It's about damn time our organization became aggressive.

Well a gutsy pick. I hope he does turn out better than Poblah - wasn't it Mack that picked him, the same guy that picked Jade Etienne? Somehow I feel much more secure in Walters picking Canadian talent than Mack (or the aforementioned Kelly who was so bad he decided to just trade all the picks away lol).

Anyway - good on Walters for taking a chance. Kid has the size to be the outside LB we need (size and speed). 

All this comaring this guy to Poblah is driving me nuts. The similarities end with them both being supplemental draft picks. Why compare a LB to a WR drafted 4 years apart by different regimes? May as well compare Waggoner to Jeremy O'Day and Noel Prefontaine while we're at it.

I am afraid of giving up first round picks because of the stigma attached with it but it isn't as if we just gave the pick away. This guy has the potential to be something special and even if we crap the bed and end up with a top 2-3 pick but this guy is even a halfway decent NI starter at WIL, I'll be more than content.