Blue Bombers acquire defensive back in trade with Calgary

The Winnipeg Blue Bombers today announced the club has acquired International defensive back Ryan Mouton from the Stampeders, in exchange for International offensive lineman Zebrie Sanders.

Mouton (5-9, 185, Hawaii, September 23, 1986 in Houston, Texas) signed with Calgary as a free agent in February, after originally joining the Stamps on Oct. 13, 2014.

Mouton was selected by the Tennessee Titans in the third round (94th overall) of the 2009 National Football League draft. He played 36 games over three seasons for the Titans. He then spent time with Washington before being released in April of 2014.

Both players participated in mini camp’s last month with their former teams.

The Blue Bombers also today announced the release of International linebacker TraShaun Nixon.

Rodney Lamar and Khalil Bass, the herd is pretty thinned out by now. I bet we lock up at least one more MLB candidate before camp though.

More likely WILL candidates.  Hurl is going to be the starting middle linebacker, no doubt in my mind about that one.

Maybe releasing Nixon makes room for Marcus Ball..

Rodney Lamar and Khalil Bass, the herd is pretty thinned out by now. I bet we lock up at least one more MLB candidate before camp though.

More likely WILL candidates.  Hurl is going to be the starting middle linebacker, no doubt in my mind about that one.

They might need another NI MLB-type guy to be a backup. Hurl, Briggs and Blair Smith maybe.

We'll see. Doesn't make any sense to me to start Sam Hurl at WILL.

Well, you'd better let MOS know, 'cause that guy doesn't know a damn thing about NIs starting at the MLB spot...........

Ya I know, real funny eh? Even funnier that both he and Kyle Walters have said in the past month that Sam Hurl is ready to be a starting middle linebacker on TSN 1290. Like I said, we'll see.

The Winnipeg Blue Bombers today announced the club has acquired International defensive back Ryan Mouton from the Stampeders, in exchange for International offensive lineman Zebrie Sanders.

Mouton (5-9, 185, Hawaii, September 23, 1986 in Houston, Texas) signed with Calgary as a free agent in February, after originally joining the Stamps on Oct. 13, 2014.

Mouton was selected by the Tennessee Titans in the third round (94th overall) of the 2009 National Football League draft. He played 36 games over three seasons for the Titans. He then spent time with Washington before being released in April of 2014.

Both players participated in mini camp’s last month with their former teams.

The Blue Bombers also today announced the release of International linebacker TraShaun Nixon.

I was tempted to say that the Bombers are going to feel sheepish about this transaction, but I am puzzled. I didn't think the Stamps needed Import help on their O-line and I thought we were pretty happy with the DB's we had already signed. Oh well....

The Stamps lost their left tackle to us in the off season so they are looking for a new one. They still have Edwin Harrison but he has a lot to prove and Huff isn't one to hand starting spots to people. Expect a lot of competition for their left tackle spot.