Sign Willy!

Floyd

$400k is a bit much IMO. While within that range seems to be the new norm, that's the new norm for proven starting QB's............... which Drew hasn't proven yet.

Crompton took his team to the playoffs, Willy didn't. Therefore Crompton is the better QB.

IMO Crompton's by far the worst starting QB in the CFL currently, I'd be surprised if he's Montreal starting QB after Labour Day weekend.

So, it appears that Willy will be making 400k this year

No, Walters said this year's cap number isn't affected. He got $150k of his $250k salary upfront. That's the only difference. Which is awesome...

Just to add context, this came from Walters himself on H&L tonight. Which I also found out from sweep the leg.

So there you go.

250k cap hit this year.

No, Walters said this year's cap number isn't affected. He got $150k of his $250k salary upfront. That's the only difference. Which is awesome...

Just to add context, this came from Walters himself on H&L tonight. Which I also found out from sweep the leg.

So there you go.

250k cap hit this year.

Thank you for giving me credit...

http://www.tsn.ca/radio/winnipeg-1290/hustler-and-lawless-may-1-2015-1.272504

He talks about this starting at 24:32.

edit: this is actually from the press conference, but he explains how the $150k works.

Thanks for pointing that out.  I stand corrected. 

Mike giving credit to someone...I'm shocked.

And someone appreciating getting that credit? Around here I thought that meant someone was needy and seeking approval. At least according to Mike it is.

Funny how oblivious you are to what's staring you right in the face.

Sounds like this guy

stboniface.png

on his political prospects going forward ... ;)

So according to Penton, this is Willy's contract:

2015: $260k

2016: $410k

2017: $450k

Approximate salaries of the CFL's nine starting quarterbacks in 2015:

Darian Durant, Sask. $510,000

Ricky Ray, Tor. $450,000

Travis Lulay, B.C. $440,000

Mike Reilly, Edm $405,000

Henry Burris, Ott $390,000

Bo Levi Mitchell, Cgy $320,000

Zach Collaros, Ham $275,000

Drew Willy, Wpg $260,000

Jonathan Crompton, Mtl $120,000

Ricky Ray, Tor. $450,000

Drew Willy, Wpg $260,000

According to Drew Edwards, Burris is making $450K per year.  The others look about right to me.

Ricky Ray, Tor. $450,000

Drew Willy, Wpg $260,000

According to Drew Edwards, Burris is making $450K per year. The others look about right to me.
I believe Burris restructured this offseason where he got some extra bonus money against the 2014 cap, so that's likely where Penton got the $390k.

I'm pleased with the extension.  Bombers can't afford to lose Willy with no proven backup regardless of how many people claim Marve looked good in very limited reps last year.  If it takes $400,000 after this year then so be it.  If he continues to struggle this year and the following year behind an improved offensive line, then the team can always look at restructuring his contract or releasing him if another option presents itself.

Crompton took his team to the playoffs, Willy didn't. Therefore Crompton is the better QB.

The hair also puts him over the top.

Crompton is rompin in that hair ...

1409930057000-crompton.jpg

Willy, kinda silly ... ;)

drew-willy.jpg

Now there's a haircut you can set your watch to.

Ricky Ray, Tor. $450,000

Drew Willy, Wpg $260,000

According to Drew Edwards, Burris is making $450K per year. The others look about right to me.
I believe Burris restructured this offseason where he got some extra bonus money against the 2014 cap, so that's likely where Penton got the $390k.

So these aren't salaries for the year, but cap hit for the year.  Generally speaking salaries are yearly pay plus bonus divided by years of a contract.

Ricky Ray, Tor. $450,000

Drew Willy, Wpg $260,000

So these aren't salaries for the year, but cap hit for the year. Generally speaking salaries are yearly pay plus bonus divided by years of a contract.
You'd have to ask Penton. He refers to them as "salaries" in 2015.

I don't have a huge issue with this deal, even not liking Willy that much. It's not guaranteed in the next 2 years, so if Willy continues to be mediocre we can let him go. If he plays again like he did first 5 games of last season, then great we have our franchise QB.

It's low risk and high rewards. Good deal.

As far as Willy goes himself... I'm not sold on him. You can't teach someone to be a good decision maker under pressure. That's a natural gift like speed and size. We have a small sample size on him, though, so hopefully he will turn it around and be a lot better next year.

You can't teach someone to be a good decision maker under pressure. That's a natural gift like speed and size.

So you're saying that if someone here plays video games (for example), their hand eye coordination or reaction time will never get better the more they play?

I better tell my kids to stop learning to do anything new because if it doesn't come naturally then there's no point in doing it cause they'll never get better.

You can't teach someone to be a good decision maker under pressure. That's a natural gift like speed and size.

So you're saying that if someone here plays video games (for example), their hand eye coordination or reaction time will never get better the more they play?

I better tell my kids to stop learning to do anything new because if it doesn't come naturally then there's no point in doing it cause they'll never get better.

Wait wait wait... You procreated? Welp, there goes the neighbourhood. :D

Yes Spuds.  I...am your father!

I would demand a DNA test if I were you.