Willy Contract Negotiations

http://www.winnipegfreepress.com/sports/football/bombers/willy-blue-not-running-same-pattern-297487911.html?device=mobile&utm_content=buffer33412&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter.com&utm_campaign=buffer

"unless the Willy camp budges off its asking price on a new deal -- they are said to be seeking in the neighbourhood of $400,000 -- there's a very real possibility the quarterback could play out the final year of his contract this season."

"All this isn't to say the Bombers don't want Willy back, because they do -- especially as rumblings grow louder Robert Marve, his promising understudy, is interested in chasing his NFL dream after his contract runs out following this season."

What is most compelling about this situation to me is to see how many people jump off the Willy bandwagon and forget how difficult it can be to acquire a franchise QB.

We need to keep him. Don't let him bend you over the barrel, but if you're going to overpay for a player, it should be him.

I wonder who leaked the story? I highly doubt this type of thing is going to get the fans behind the Willy camp.

Kyle Walters is quoted in the article so I don't think it was leaked.

I highly doubt the contract value the Willy team is looking for came from Walters.  It sounds like the reporter is following up with Walters on the leaked information that Willy is looking for a contract that will pay him $400M a year. 

I wonder who leaked the story? I highly doubt this type of thing is going to get the fans behind the Willy camp.

I highly doubt the contract value the Willy team is looking for came from Walters. It sounds like the reporter is following up with Walters on the leaked information that Willy is looking for a contract that will pay him $400M a year.
Wouldn't surprise me at all if the $400k figure came from Walters.

I agree that Willy has shown potential but the sample size is too small for a massive raise. The only way might be to build in performance bonuses.

Right or wrong, some athletes would disagree with this.

Again, right or wrong some athletes expect some sort of security other than being paid for what they deliver. Similar to having a base salary where most of your income comes from commission.

I highly doubt the contract value the Willy team is looking for came from Walters.  It sounds like the reporter is following up with Walters on the leaked information that Willy is looking for a contract that will pay him $400M a year. 

400M is better then any professional football player in any league :)

heheheheh