Game 59: Oiler @ Jets

IC Khari

Despite the Saturday performance, the Oilers are a much MUCH better team under Todd Nelson. Can't take 'em lightly...

Still play with no defensive structure and good luck getting one to stick up for one of his teammates. I watched the Ottawa game on Saturday man still a lot of work there.

Myers is 10000 x the player Chiarot is. And Chevy Will not move him. Just stop with that talk there. It won't happen. 3 games with the team. Jesus. Give him some time. Takes time to get used to a new system. Chiarot is a 5 or 6 d man. Myers is top 3 at the worst. Weren't some people saying the same about clitsome when he played with buff. Take Chiarot away from buff and he struggles hard. It's a fact. Ridiculous to say Chiarot is better. 3 games with the new team.

I -  Myers is not lazy, the guy is 6'8"…you try being smooth

C - Peluso started Gazdic's night, and Byfuglien rag-dolled him with a clean, powerful hit and ended his night.        

E - a good effort , again, by the Jets

C - 41 shots at Fasth 

H - Hutch came through when it counted.

I  - injuries again, as Perrault and Stafford leave the game

P - for penalties, the Refs figured in keeping the Jets the most penalized team in the league

S - Shootout  - Wheeler ended Fasth's night with his overtime move and goal

My pvr stopped right after Edmonton's last goal boooorns I missed  the last goal and the shoot out...

I have to agree with Goalie I have no idea why people are harping on Myers,  I thought he played smart and was aggressive when needed to be and was all around solid.    

The Jets outplayed Edmonton in nearly area aside from goaltending where Hutch really keeps stopping himself from cementing the starting job from Pavelec.  

The only Jets that I would rag on would be the weaker guys like Galiardi who clearly can be replaced easily by someone with more talent.... most of the guys came to play and played very well.  

Clutchinson is showing some decline in the stats but the W is the most important stat and this was a good team win coming back like that twice in the third. I sure hope Perrault and Stafford aren't out long. If they are out for any length of time, Chevy will be moving Calvert or Winnik (going by Lawless) in. I'd give up a 3rd in 2016 for Calvert. When his contract expires after the season he is a RFA and he will get you 30ish points a year. He just turned 25 and is from Brandon. His current contract is paying him 987.5k this year. Winnik, on the other hand, will get  you 30ish points a year, is an UFA at the end of this season and turns 30 this year. He is making 1.3 this year. I'd give TO a 4th rounder in 2016 for Winnik and I don't think you would get him for that. I think if Gagliardi is playing on your 4th line (team) there is a problem; however, he played well tonight. Best I have seen him play.

On a side note, I haevn't seen Buff come out of a fair hit on the losing side once this year. What a behemoth. It looks like he is in high school and everyone else is in kindergarten. How much is it going to take to keep Buff and how long? 7.5 for 5 years? Would love to see him paired up with Chiarot for a full season and see what he can do.