Around the CFL Offseason Discussion

Mike

Foley is expensive and has probably peaked. Emery was supposed to be a "difference maker" for TOR and wasnt, 

Agreed.  I guess we are rolling the dice that Emry will regain the form from the Allouettes when inserted back into a pressure defence, which TO was not running. 

Foley is expensive and has probably peaked. Emery was supposed to be a "difference maker" for TOR and wasnt, 

Agreed.  I guess we are rolling the dice that Emry will regain the form from the Allouettes when inserted back into a pressure defence, which TO was not running. 

Too bad more Priders arent taking a wait and see approach. Its a "win" for Taman because Emery is 28. Forgetting he hasnt been an impact player in years.

Saskatchewan leads the CFL with its 19 pending free agents. Taman said the Riders and Brackenridge's camp have "narrowed the gap" in their talks, but another factor in the process is determining how Brackenridge fits into new defensive co-ordinator Greg Quick's scheme.

http://www.leaderpost.com/sports/football/roughriders-football/Taman+busy+deadline+nears/10753113/story.html?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

Saskatchewan leads the CFL with its 19 pending free agents. Taman said the Riders and Brackenridge's camp have "narrowed the gap" in their talks, but another factor in the process is determining how Brackenridge fits into new defensive co-ordinator Greg Quick's scheme.

http://www.leaderpost.com/sports/football/roughriders-football/Taman+busy+deadline+nears/10753113/story.html?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

I think that maybe he'd want to follow his DC to Winnipeg. There may be a couple of players off the Riders who may do that.

So Foley is an Argonut once again. Probably doesn't mind the trade, although I don't think he's any better off. Going from the rabid fans in Regina and a lot of rah rah, to back playing in the ghostly silence of the 'Mall' called skydump. He might have preferred making his own choice by waiting till fa but I guess Taman schmoozed him into signing, so he could pull the pin on the trade. Such is the world of football sometimes.

Foley Canadian and Ellingson American are two things I've realized in the last few weeks that I somehow completely whiffed on....had no idea..

And uh... Both of those were pretty obvious Eller... Hang your head in shame bud :D