Around the CFL Offseason Discussion

Mike

I didn't join the forum to defend "all things Riders", rather to enjoy some football discussion and I know shots at the riders are the norm here.  For those of you who have ever read my posts on riderfans, I don't tow the company line and ask hard questions about Chamblin and co. I will however fire the occasional shot back just to keep things interesting. No hard feelings on my end and none were intended to you guys either. As far as the 2013 grey cup, maybe too much was invested, hard to say but we won and that's what matters. Even though many of you won't admit it I'm sure some here would like to see the Bombers go all in to try to be in the game this year. Getting a chance to win the cup at home is something I'll never forget. And if the Bombers do it this year that would/will be awesome for you guys, I really mean that.  I'm hoping my Riders will have a little something to say about though.  We do have some fans that pound their chests, so does every other team in sports on the planet earth.   

Here is the thing that bugs me about Rider fans and their dismissing of the idea that they went all in for that cup and it will have lasting effects going forward with regards to the quality of the team... Us Bomber fans have seen Taman as GM, we watch Taman grow into the role of GM and we know who he learned the trade from... Dave Ritchie. Taman is all about big names and little depth. He'll pay big for what he considers key positions and sacrifice the depth to do it. It's not sustainable. Yeah they got a cup out of it, but we saw last year that the spend big and save money on depth and how it completely tanked the season for the Riders once Durant got hurt. It's only going to get worse as they try and get spending in line and lose more veteran pieces. 

Quite a hangover that grey cup 2013. Nothing like mortgaging your future.

We interrupt your childish ongoing pot shots at the Riders for this public service announcement:  The Riders at least won the grey cup in 2013 unlike the Cats who have lost 2 in a row. Are you going for a three peat this year?

Pot shots at the Riders are perfectly acceptable over here.

And much appreciated truth be told lol

I've watched both backs living here in Calgary & Cornish is a better back than Reynolds. He's faster, is a better receiver out of the backfield & the fact he's Canadian makes him a ratio changer. Reynolds in his prime would be on the PR behind Cornish. Reynolds lost it FAST!!! He was an all star one season & barely in the lineup the next. 

I've watched both backs living here in Calgary & Cornish is a better back than Reynolds. He's faster, is a better receiver out of the backfield & the fact he's Canadian makes him a ratio changer. Reynolds in his prime would be on the PR behind Cornish. Reynolds lost it FAST!!! He was an all star one season & barely in the lineup the next. 

For some perspective, he was 30 when he had his last good season. RB's do drop off quick at that age. Anyway I won't argue your point as I am not a stamps fan and haven't watched them that closely. 

Cornish is a very special player in this league. I would definitely rate him ahead of Reynolds. Heck...I would rate Charlie over Reynolds.

No ****... Charlie Roberts is an all time back. Shame that guy didn't care as much or he really could have been something special. 

Eskimos shave Hugh O'Neill from their roster.

Interest in him should be next to nothing.

BREAKING: #Esks Release K/P Hugh O'Neill

Ottawa had an import doing both kicking jobs who had the worst accuracy in the league (remember the outcry when we cut him?).  Obviously the whole kicking debacle leading up to Ottawa's first game is yet another of the many examples of Desjardins being the worst GM in the league, but if someone talks enough sense into him, he may see the light in having lousy kicking numbers coming from a NI instead of an import.

So there is one place that might be interested.

Ottawa had an import doing both kicking jobs who had the worst accuracy in the league (remember the outcry when we cut him?).  Obviously the whole kicking debacle leading up to Ottawa's first game is yet another of the many examples of Desjardins being the worst GM in the league, but if someone talks enough sense into him, he may see the light in having lousy kicking numbers coming from a NI instead of an import.

You know our current kicker makes me forget the last couple of place kickers. LA LA LA. "NI"? isn't that passe. 

Edmonton Eskimos         @EdmontonEsks

Hair apparent to Jon Gott?

Edmonton Eskimos         @EdmontonEsks

Hair apparent to Jon Gott?

Ol' Goat Face. YES! YES! YES! YES!!

In a huff - "in an angry or offended manner".

With a Huff - in an organized, business-like, knowledgable manner.

I knew that guy was gold back when he played for us, and instead of just filling time on the bench, as back up, he would study the other team's signals and use that knowledge against them.

Saskatchewan leads the CFL with its 19 pending free agents. Taman said the Riders and Brackenridge's camp have "narrowed the gap" in their talks, but another factor in the process is determining how Brackenridge fits into new defensive co-ordinator Greg Quick's scheme.

http://www.leaderpost.com/sports/football/roughriders-football/Taman+busy+deadline+nears/10753113/story.html?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter