Take a Miracle for Reilly to play in WSF

Jpan85

I'd still be surprised if Reilly was not named as the stater.

The rumour, last week, was a debate of whether his injury was an ankle or maybe something wrong in his foot, such as a broken bone.

This injury was a direct result of a play that Reilly was trying to extend (surprise, surprise), along the sidelines.

Now, of course, injuries can happen at any time, but we're talking Reilly here, and despite the fact Reilly didn't even have to be in there, he was.. and as has been said many times, sooner or later...

Moreover, the #2 pivot in Edmonton, Pat White, is on the limp as well. This puts the Esks' fortunes squarely in the hands of Matt Nichols, as a broken bone in Reilly's foot will probably mean the end of his season. We could be looking at a western semifinal between Kerry Joseph and Matt Nichols. Could be a real yawner or a scrambly classic. Either way, Calgary isn't losing any sleep over this.

Bottom line is that if Edmonton was going to do anything in the playoffs it was going to be on the shoulders of their defense so this doesn't change a lot. Just minimize mistakes on O and hope the D can carry the day. 

I don't see it that way.

I think Reilly adds that extra ingredient that sometimes is the difference between - coming close, and eking out a win.

That extra scramble that nets extra yards or allows a completion, the ability to take a hit, his sheer desire to make a play.

He's a difference maker, and his team knows it.

Those are all factors that take a rather easy win against Saskatchewan and now, turn it into a game because he's out.

It would have to be some kind of injury to keep him out though, so we shall see.

Yeah to not think that Reilly makes a huge difference would be a huge mistake; his ability to extend drives because of the use of his feet is huge.  Now with his injury though it wouldn't matter which one played if he isn't mobile.  This will be a closer game now due to Reilly's injury but either one will have difficulties beating Calgary next week.  They have been on fire this year and I'm sure are ready to pull out all of the stops in their final play off game.

Gurantee he plays Sun. Flutie had the same injury so...

Matt Nichols named starter this morning..................

He clearly mental once Nichols leg collapses on itself and goltz chokes himself on a TD celebration..

Pretty sure Zontar wasn't actually guaranteeing that Reilly will play.  I recall a certain troll that made numerous guarantees that Durant would play at the end of the regular season because "Flutie had the same injury".

Goltz. I can't believe the Esks wasted the ink from a pen to sign that bum.

Why not?  He's one of the best short yardage QB's I've seen.  If you've got a good starter, then having Goltz on your team to do short yardage is a no brainer.

Isn't Goltz basically taking the place of Pat White, the Eskies short yardage rushing QB that is hurt right now?  Makes perfect sense to me.

Goltz. I can't believe the Esks wasted the ink from a pen to sign that bum.

Why not?  He's one of the best short yardage QB's I've seen.  If you've got a good starter, then having Goltz on your team to do short yardage is a no brainer.

Isn't Goltz basically taking the place of Pat White, the Eskies short yardage rushing QB that is hurt right now?  Makes perfect sense to me.

The only difference in Goltz & White is the color of their skin. Aside from that, they're almost identical players.