Jace Daniels

Mike

Why not move January to right tackle? He can play both.

I think he deserves another chance. He's been good the last few seasons, and was at the start of this one as well. It seems logical to assume his decline in play in the 2nd half of the season was due to the back injury he was playing through.

I agree.. Hes obviously on the downturn on his career but hes not at jermese jones or Jordan taormina levels yet.. He's still a very good tackle..

O'Shea said tonight that the coaching staff is very high on Jace and that he's a natural left tackle.

My early prediction is January is a surprise TC cut next season.

Better chance he gets cut in the off-season when some bonus or another is due.
Do you have a copy of his contract?

Very good point. We should all deal in proofs and absolutes.

After all, that'd leave us with ... absolutely nothing to talk about.

Daniels was terrible in the last game, definitely not suited to playing right tackle

He took two holding penalties but otherwise I thought he was solid. O'Shea said the penalties were a result of him playing RT when he's a natural LT.

One of those penalties was questionable too.  I saw the replay on the hold and he just had his arm around the guy and he wasn't holding.  After they called him on it they showed a close up of his face and he looked very puzzled at the call.

Daniels was terrible in the last game, definitely not suited to playing right tackle

He took two holding penalties but otherwise I thought he was solid. O'Shea said the penalties were a result of him playing RT when he's a natural LT.

O'Shea says a lot of things.  I don't believe 95% of them.

O'Shea says a lot of things. I don't believe 95% of them.

Why? Has he lied to you? Has he lied about anything? Very weird that you question his honesty without any real reason to..

Why? Has he lied to you? Has he lied about anything? Very weird that you question his honesty without any real reason to..

Do you believe anything O'Shea says to the media?

Pretty much yup.. I don't see the benefit of him lying... A) he would be caught by our super sluth reporters (well mainly MMB posters lol) and it would be detrimental to his career..

B) you can tell when he is being coy with an answer designed to not give away anything to opposition..

Why do you assume he's lying when he talks to the media? You think he is a dishonest individual?

Pretty much yup.. I don't see the benefit of him lying... A) he would be caught by our super sluth reporters (well mainly MMB posters lol) and it would be detrimental to his career..

B) you can tell when he is being coy with an answer designed to not give away anything to opposition..

Why do you assume he's lying when he talks to the media? You think he is a dishonest individua?

Well he was an Argo...

:D

Any Jets fans here? What MOS does in his Press Conferences is what Paul Maurice does in his, He gives you a vague answer, because and like Maurice said to the media a few weeks ago, you don't need to know everything that is going on in the room. Honestly, Sometimes things are better left in the room. As fans, for some reason we seem to think we need to know it all, and if they aren't telling us everything, then they are lying or bs'ing us. But that's not the case, we need to remember what we are, fans, fanatics, we don't need to know it all, we only get little snippets and nuggets every now and then, can read in to those nuggets all we want and i suppose this is part of what this forum is really all about.

For example, MOS in his PC on the official site when asked about wilson and jackson, said wilson played ok but would like to see Wilson play the slot position, why wasn't he play the slot position? is there a disconnect between what MOS wants and what MB is doing? There might just be, that's what this forum is for.. to discuss issues relating to the football club, i don't really think many people honestly care what MOS tells the media cuz i think for the most part, we all understand that we aren't getting the entire story ,we aren't getting the full truth, we are getting vague answers, and that's all we really deserve and need to know. Is it the right approach? It depends who you ask but i do notice that for the most part, if you watch other PC's from other coaches, they all say generally the same thing, they answer the questions really in riddles, very vague generic responses.. If you really break it down, you can probably, if you have the time, break it down and come up with several different commonly used phrases or "quotes" that every coach from every team uses.

In hockey, it's generally "we just need to play our system" "we just came out a bit slow today" "we just need to be ready to compete at the start of the game" "we need to play harder" "we need to execute better". The general vague answers, Same with football, every coach in every PC gives the same answer pretty much, the coaches who come out and throw people under the bus in the media, they don't last too long these days it appears. 

As fans we need to remember that what goes on in the dressing room, as much as maybe some want to believe it's our business, it's really NOT at all. 

You know what would shock me? If MOS or a coach in football came out and said 'we suck, we deserved to lose, we have no talent, playoffs? hell we couldn't even bit a pee wee team, our oline? please? they suck, our qb sucked tonight too, our D couldn't stop ****, we suck, we had no chance and i knew it all along, jesus christ why did i take this god forsaken job even, what was i thinking, our talent is crap, we suck, awful... rrrrrrrrrrraaahhhhhbbbbllleeee rahhhhhhhbbbbllleee... That would shock the crap out of me cuz you just don't see that this day and age anymore. 

This old school mentality that we as fans deserve to know everything going on in the locker room and deserve to know all the answers, it needs to stop cuz it ain't going back to that, was it ever really like that to begin with even? i suppose in some sports more than others... but what you see now a days, is the guys who are hot heads in the media and call out their players all the time(john torterella comes to mind in hockey), they really don't last that long. Players tune them out.

What a coach says to the media isn't what he is telling the players behind closed doors. You can bet your ass that MOS has reemed out a few players behind closed doors, bet on it, but why would he do in public? to appease like 20  fans on a message board? nope. Like Paul Maurice said a few weeks ago.. "i could make you ******* cry in that dressing room". 

Any Jets fans here? What MOS does in his Press Conferences is what Paul Maurice does in his, He gives you a vague answer, because and like Maurice said to the media a few weeks ago, you don't need to know everything that is going on in the room. Honestly, Sometimes things are better left in the room. As fans, for some reason we seem to think we need to know it all, and if they aren't telling us everything, then they are lying or bs'ing us. But that's not the case, we need to remember what we are, fans, fanatics, we don't need to know it all, we only get little snippets and nuggets every now and then, can read in to those nuggets all we want and i suppose this is part of what this forum is really all about.

For example, MOS in his PC on the official site when asked about wilson and jackson, said wilson played ok but would like to see Wilson play the slot position, why wasn't he play the slot position? is there a disconnect between what MOS wants and what MB is doing? There might just be, that's what this forum is for.. to discuss issues relating to the football club, i don't really think many people honestly care what MOS tells the media cuz i think for the most part, we all understand that we aren't getting the entire story ,we aren't getting the full truth, we are getting vague answers, and that's all we really deserve and need to know. Is it the right approach? It depends who you ask but i do notice that for the most part, if you watch other PC's from other coaches, they all say generally the same thing, they answer the questions really in riddles, very vague generic responses.. If you really break it down, you can probably, if you have the time, break it down and come up with several different commonly used phrases or "quotes" that every coach from every team uses.

In hockey, it's generally "we just need to play our system" "we just came out a bit slow today" "we just need to be ready to compete at the start of the game" "we need to play harder" "we need to execute better". The general vague answers, Same with football, every coach in every PC gives the same answer pretty much, the coaches who come out and throw people under the bus in the media, they don't last too long these days it appears. 

As fans we need to remember that what goes on in the dressing room, as much as maybe some want to believe it's our business, it's really NOT at all. 

You know what would shock me? If MOS or a coach in football came out and said 'we suck, we deserved to lose, we have no talent, playoffs? hell we couldn't even bit a pee wee team, our oline? please? they suck, our qb sucked tonight too, our D couldn't stop ****, we suck, we had no chance and i knew it all along, jesus christ why did i take this god forsaken job even, what was i thinking, our talent is crap, we suck, awful... rrrrrrrrrrraaahhhhhbbbbllleeee rahhhhhhhbbbbllleee... That would shock the crap out of me cuz you just don't see that this day and age anymore. 

This old school mentality that we as fans deserve to know everything going on in the locker room and deserve to know all the answers, it needs to stop cuz it ain't going back to that, was it ever really like that to begin with even? i suppose in some sports more than others... but what you see now a days, is the guys who are hot heads in the media and call out their players all the time(john torterella comes to mind in hockey), they really don't last that long. Players tune them out.

What a coach says to the media isn't what he is telling the players behind closed doors. You can bet your ass that MOS has reemed out a few players behind closed doors, bet on it, but why would he do in public? to appease like 20  fans on a message board? nope. Like Paul Maurice said a few weeks ago.. "i could make you ******* cry in that dressing room". 

I really think what it comes down to is that a lot of fans want to see the coaches and players as angry as they themselves are after losses. 

I really think what it comes down to is that a lot of fans want to see the coaches and players as angry as they themselves are after losses. 

Exactly.  I want cooler heads than me running this team.

So some fans want this kind of reaction?

I'll take MOS' handling of PCs any day.

I think you're right and I think a lot of fans make assumptions about MOS having zero knowledge about him. A guy doesn't need to spit, swear, and have a tirade to be pissed off. If he goes on a tirade it just becomes media fodder and a distraction for him and the team.