Hamilton then Ottawa then Edmonton

BigBlue

Three winnable games and we need to win at least two of them to remain in the hunt. There's absolutely no reason we should lose at home to Hamilton or on the road in Ottawa. That's with or without Drew Willy.

Hamilton is starting to turn it around with Collaros, they'll be tough to beat.

Three winnable games and we need to win at least two of them to remain in the hunt. There's absolutely no reason we should lose at home to Hamilton or on the road in Ottawa. That's with or without Drew Willy.

Contrary to popular belief, beating the Riders with the backup qb in the game does not mean that the ti-cats are suddenly super team. Hell the Argos beat the Riders when they had Durant in the game, maybe they're the ones who are tough to beat?

And if any Bombers think they just need to throw their jocks onto the field in order to get Hamilton to concede, they will be badly mistaken. Its starting to look like Austin might have turned the season around. Even with Willy at the helm, this game would not have been a gimme, and with Brohm, the Bombers are going to have to work for a win. Because of all the injuries and the gaps in talent, the Bombers have lost strength whereas Hamilton has gotten better.

After watching Brohm play against B.C. in the second half........ only way we win any game with him is if he does QB sneaks only and Marve takes the snaps. 6 of 13 for 33 yards in a half, regardless of who your opponent is, is simply not good enough. 

I'd still be happy with 8 - 10 but to me it's looking like we may only get one more win, as Willy wasn't exactly setting the world on fire lately either was he?

After watching Brohm play against B.C. in the second half........ only way we win any game with him is if he does QB sneaks only and Marve takes the snaps. 6 of 13 for 33 yards in a half, regardless of who your opponent is, is simply not good enough. 

I'd still be happy with 8 - 10 but to me it's looking like we may only get one more win, as Willy wasn't exactly setting the world on fire lately either was he?

If you look at the last three games:

1. The Riders are a team that matches up well against the Bombers.  In particular, their Offense is well designed to take what a Defense like ours gives them.  However, a few less mistakes in those Rider games, and we win in spite of their advantages.  

2. Against B.C., the shallow depth of this team was exposed.  It was clearly shown that the Bombers can't compete very well with so many starters in the sick bay.  But the game was close and our boys were fighting a good fight until Willy went down.

IMO, with fewer errors and turnovers they would have 2 wins against the Riders.  Mistake free football is what it will take to win one or two games without Willy.  But if we keep snapping over the punter's head, fumbling at critical times, costly drops from receivers, giving up long kick returns etc. etc. etc. we'll be hard pressed to win even with Willy behind centre.

Will they get some of the other starters back?  Can they limit mistakes in spite of playing with a depleted line up?

Just my 0.02

If you look at the last three games:

1. The Riders are a team that matches up well against the Bombers.  In particular, their Offense is well designed to take what a Defense like ours gives them.  However, a few less mistakes in those Rider games, and we win in spite of their advantages.  

2. Against B.C., the shallow depth of this team was exposed.  It was clearly shown that the Bombers can't compete very well with so many starters in the sick bay.  But the game was close and our boys were fighting a good fight until Willy went down.

IMO, with fewer errors and turnovers they would have 2 wins against the Riders.  Mistake free football is what it will take to win one or two games without Willy.  But if we keep snapping over the punter's head, fumbling at critical times, costly drops from receivers, giving up long kick returns etc. etc. etc. we'll be hard pressed to win even with Willy behind centre.

Will they get some of the other starters back?  Can they limit mistakes in spite of playing with a depleted line up?

Just my 0.02

I'd add the mistake of receivers NOT fighting to get open will continue to spell disaster.

Poor adjustments at half with Brohm being the QB were part of the problem.  I am thinking we tailor the offensive game plan a little more if he is indeed going to start against Hamilton.  Need more emphasis on the run.  I was really surprised that we pretty much abandoned it in the second half against BC despite being in it for most of the time.

I'd give us more than a 51% chance at beating Hamilton at home with Brohm, provided that his receivers actually get open, and we can get Grigsby moving a little more.

We saw it a bunch here with the guy, when he's feeling good in the pocket he is hard to beat. You have one job when you're playing Kevin Glenn, smack him in the mouth early and chances are he'll give you the game. 

First you have to have a scheme / execution that limits his short passing game.  If he can throw in 2 seconds, all the blitzes in the world aren't going to hit him in the mouth.  If beating Glenn were as simple as we can make it sound on paper, he probably wouldn't be in the CFL any more.

The bottom line with that BC game was they did the one thing you can't do, they let Glenn get into a rhythm and get confident. That's just asking to lose. 

Yup- its an old truth in football- no pressure on  opposing QB, no win, and if we can't do a lot better than we did against BC, we're the walking dead.

I don't get this lose those three games and we are out. Looking at the standings we are 6 points ahead of any team in the east. So what am I missing? Is montreal going to win any more games this year?

Only one team can crossover. We need to be at best 4th place to get the crossover. 5th place can't also move to the east (hence the calls from many to switch to a no-division league -- best 6 teams make the playoffs).

I don't get this lose those three games and we are out. Looking at the standings we are 6 points ahead of any team in the east. So what am I missing? Is montreal going to win any more games this year?

Only one team can crossover. We need to be at best 4th place to get the crossover. 5th place can't also move to the east (hence the calls from many to switch to a no-division league -- best 6 teams make the playoffs).

Yeah, that's what people are missing (and I'd been doing the same thing...) there's now 5 teams in the West, and only the 4th can cross over....