Vega Healthy Scratch for Sunday

Well, turf toe doesn't have the same cachet as rug burns on the knees, but what the heck. For the next two games, we need all the push we can against a very good O-line, so if Fraser gives us that, Vega can sell drinks at the Rum Hut. Regardless of who it is, it would be great to have a player the caliber of old #97 white mountain again.

Vega's injury might explain his lack of production. What about Bryant Turner, though? I think he's one guy who'd prolly fare better in a traditional DT role rather than Etch's "hopscotch" d where he sometimes covers guys out of the backfield and drops into intermediate coverage. NOT HIS FORTE! Guys is a bull-rusher who can also stand off all but the very strongest CFL o-linemen.

Vega's injury might explain his lack of production. What about Bryant Turner, though? I think he's one guy who'd prolly fare better in a traditional DT role rather than Etch's "hopscotch" d where he sometimes covers guys out of the backfield and drops into intermediate coverage. NOT HIS FORTE! Guys is a bull-rusher who can also stand off all but the very strongest CFL o-linemen.

I'd say he's more of a stunt and speed rusher than a bull rusher.