Vega Healthy Scratch for Sunday

The D played pretty well today up until that last drive of the game by the riders, Not a fan of blaming refs at all but... that non PI call and the blatant holding and offsides the riders constantly got away with... I dunno man. 

Wish people would stop calling vega a healthy scratch, and wish people would actually give fraser some credit, he was part of the reason montreal couldn't run the ball last week on us, Vega is hurt, he's banged up, better to rest him than risk him being out for the year.

Fraser has looked good in his limited reps this season.

With that being said, I'd sign Hall, I'd sign Garrett Mcintyre also if that's possible. We are lacking that dominant defensive end. Vega would have made no difference today. 

We've given up 600 yards of rushing in the last 4 games and we're still happy with the guys we've got? How many more games do we win at this rate? I have a question: Why is it in the two games we played against the Riders we were able to handle the run until the last part of the game? Something changed and is it that Etch was trying to get too cute? 

I like Fraser, he's a good player, but man did Turner look good at DE yesterday! He had a very good performance I thought.

I still think we need to sign a Garrett Mcyntire, or a Phill Hunt...

What's the status of Justin Hickman?

Matthews would be good to, Kelly has been invisible and unable to connect with Willy when he is thrown to.

We've given up 600 yards of rushing in the last 4 games and we're still happy with the guys we've got? How many more games do we win at this rate? I have a question: Why is it in the two games we played against the Riders we were able to handle the run until the last part of the game? Something changed and is it that Etch was trying to get too cute? 

One team said we're going to play the game simple, we're just going to pound the ball right up the middle. In that situation you don't mess around trying to outsmart anyone, you just line up and beat the guy across from you. Etch though doesn't believe in playing D that doesn't try and confuse people. Confusion only works when the other team isn't trying to just play smash mouth football. 

One team said we're going to play the game simple, we're just going to pound the ball right up the middle. In that situation you don't mess around trying to outsmart anyone, you just line up and beat the guy across from you. Etch though doesn't believe in playing D that doesn't try and confuse people. Confusion only works when the other team isn't trying to just play smash mouth football. 

We are pretty much on the 'Etch' schedule this year... he starts big, teams are confused, D looks good... then teams figure him out mid-way through the season and Etch kind of retreats to a more traditional zone defence... by the end, he regroups and his playcalling gets better as a 'hybrid' of crazy and zone

Hate to say it but with this personnel, a Stubler D would be pretty dominant

Etch didn't consider that Sask. could gain 7-8 yards on first down every time and they did this mainly because of undersized Bomber LB's and poor positional play.  Kuale spends more time up on the line than he does back were he belongs this is why he ends up with so few tackles.  Wonder what's the potential of Sherman gaining 25 lbs. over the off-season like Mike Reilly did?

Id sign Hunt before Hall... The. i'd sign Hall. That said, defence isn't the issue.

The last three minutes of the game yesterday offer proof that it is one of the issues. Couldn't stop the Riders when it counted, just like the last game, and there's no reason to believe the next game is going to be different. Same ingredients, same outcome.

Etch didn't consider that Sask. could gain 7-8 yards on first down every time and they did this mainly because of undersized Bomber LB's and poor positional play.  Kuale spends more time up on the line than he does back were he belongs this is why he ends up with so few tackles.  Wonder what's the potential of Sherman gaining 25 lbs. over the off-season like Mike Reilly did?

I actually think this will happen...  If it does, I could see Sherman winning a few Canadian of the Week awards next year - he might even get one this year if Etch reels his schemes in a bit.

Kuale is definitely not an 'undersized' MLB...

A rotation of Wild-Kromah-Sears-Sherman would do wonders for this team...  Kuale and Dunn have to sit, just not good enough

It's not about size, it's about plugging holes and being better than the guy across from you. Etchevary was still trying to out think the Riders when the Riders took thinking out of the equation and said "Turn around, hand the ball off and run to the hole" Put a guy in the hole and see if he can make the play or not. 

Agreed - but Etch relies heavily on closing speed, Wild and Sherman have it, Kuale and Dunn do not.  Fix that and then we can truly judge this year's schemes.

That and finding the bomber version of Chick/Bagg would definitely help...  I kind of wonder what Anderson and Turner at the ends would look like.