Rider billboards

Fraser

So apparently the riders have taken to posting billboards around Winnipeg that features what appears to be a post op transsexual modelling a roughriders dress. Apparently they got pretty angry in BC about it.

rider.jpg

I think this is more accurate:

RiderBillboard_zpsfb074c84.jpg

Full credit goes to harvwallbanger off the other site, for this brilliant (and accurate) re-imaging.

It's all in good fun, but...

Doesn't it seem a bit lame when they're coming off a grey cup win and have been good for a while now, and the Bombers are just recovering (hopefully) from an incredible string of one gong show after another? I mean I know no one ever accused that organization or their fans of having class, but still. And I'm sure they were all but hurt and fired up over the "1-7 7-1" signs from that brief shining moment of Bomber history a few years back.

It's like if the Blackhawks started publicly making fun of the jets for their lack of playoff success. People would just wonder what the point is and ask why they're so insecure.

Doesn't it seem a bit lame when they're coming off a grey cup win and have been good for a while now, and the Bombers are just recovering (hopefully) from an incredible string of one gong show after another? I mean I know no one ever accused that organization or their fans of having class, but still. And I'm sure they were all but hurt and fired up over the "1-7 7-1" signs from that brief shining moment of Bomber history a few years back.

It's like if the Blackhawks started publicly making fun of the jets for their lack of playoff success. People would just wonder what the point is and ask why they're so insecure.

Come on now.  This isn't about insecurity it is about marketing and creating a buzz pure and simple.  The way you guys are talking about the billboard here shows that it is an excellent strategy.

Come on now.  This isn't about insecurity it is about marketing and creating a buzz pure and simple.  The way you guys are talking about the billboard here shows that it is an excellent strategy.

Was the Labour Day game suffering from a lack of buzz this year? Just because people talk about things doesn't mean those things are great ideas...I've had a number of conversations about mosquitoes in my life and I could do without that buzz. I suppose any advertising campaigns have to do with marketing, but throwing up billboards in opposing markets don't create new fans, all it does is cause irritation. 

You don't need to market Bombers vs. Riders Labour Day/Banjo Bowl back to back, if Rider fans take off their green coloured glasses they might see that Bomber fans actually support their team even if it's a shitty team, it's the two strongest fanbases in the league (Bombers #1 obviously) and it's not about marketing when you put a billboard up in Winnipeg, it's about being a bunch of insufferable *****. 

I think it's a good thing. It might not make much sense if you relate it to the TV series but you have to consider what province it comes from.  I appreciate all the work that went into this poster. First they sent the whole executive out to find a model in their province and after they all came back each with a Fiona they had to fly one in from somewhere out of province. The logo was a result of going to all the high schools and having a contest for their third graders. These kids had a bit of a problem grasping the concept but being 18 helped some. 

You don't need to market Bombers vs. Riders Labour Day/Banjo Bowl back to back, if Rider fans take off their green coloured glasses they might see that Bomber fans actually support their team even if it's a shitty team, it's the two strongest fanbases in the league (Bombers #1 obviously) and it's not about marketing when you put a billboard up in Winnipeg, it's about being a bunch of insufferable *****. 

Marketing is more then just selling out a game.  Creating these over the top rivalries are what make sports super fun and interesting.  Relax, enjoy the game and be happy that this is the best Bomber team going into a LDC since 2011.  Cheers.

Prettiest girl they could find ? Looks like a Kelsey's waitress.

What's Kelsey's?

a Saskatchewan fine dining experience

Living in Calgary you would know all about mediocre dining experiences.  IMHO of course.

;)

I've only been out here for a couple of years, but I'm still searching for a really mediocre greasy breakfast joint. All the places close to me are the type of restaurants that charge $12 for eggs and have huge lineups

Prettiest girl they could find ? Looks like a Kelsey's waitress.

What's Kelsey's?

a Saskatchewan fine dining experience

Living in Calgary you would know all about mediocre dining experiences.  IMHO of course.

;)

I've only been out here for a couple of years, but I'm still searching for a really mediocre greasy breakfast joint. All the places close to me are the type of restaurants that charge $12 for eggs and have huge lineups

I'm sure there are some decent places out there but I'm not super-familiar with Calgary.  Winnipeg for sure has some great breakfast spots for sure.  In Corner Brook wear I live know?  I opt for seafood.