Rider billboards

Fraser

I think the billboard in Vancouver is a good idea... drum up some interest, create more of a rivalry.... anyone who thinks the LDC and Banjo Bowl need hyping in Winnipeg or Regina is more clueless than a Riders fan in their first 90 years of existence... putting up a dirty green billboard in Winnipeg is for one reason only... and it's not marketing

Has any Rider fan in history ever disagreed with anything the organization has done? Or did that just start in 2007?

I bet they were all supportive of Eric Tillman too until he left the team.

There was a lot of hand-wringing and caterwauling after Kerry Joseph was traded.  Come to think of it, Rider fans complain about a lot of things.  Not sure what you are talking about.  If you are still on about the bulletin boards how do these ones differ from the Bomber boards in 2011?

Curious is all.

Prettiest girl they could find ? Looks like a Kelsey's waitress.

What's Kelsey's?

a Saskatchewan fine dining experience

Living in Calgary you would know all about mediocre dining experiences.  IMHO of course.

;)

I've only been out here for a couple of years, but I'm still searching for a really mediocre greasy breakfast joint. All the places close to me are the type of restaurants that charge $12 for eggs and have huge lineups

I lived in Calgary for 10 years and that city can't compare to the Wpg. for culinary experiences other than corporate chains and the upper end.  Doesn't have 1/10th as many independent burger joints or greasy spoons.  Closest I found to a good greasy spoon was the Deerhead Cafe low down on Edmonton Trail in the N.W. and it wasn't great.  Husky serves up a mediocre breakfast as well but nothing to compare with the Red Top, Nick's in Headingly or the old Paladin.  Did they ever re-build after the fire? 

Problem with Calgary imo is that it doesn't have any soul.

What's Kelsey's?

Living in Calgary you would know all about mediocre dining experiences.  IMHO of course.

;)

I've only been out here for a couple of years, but I'm still searching for a really mediocre greasy breakfast joint. All the places close to me are the type of restaurants that charge $12 for eggs and have huge lineups

I lived in Calgary for 10 years and that city can't compare to the Wpg. for culinary experiences other than corporate chains and the upper end.  Doesn't have 1/10th as many independent burger joints or greasy spoons.  Closest I found to a good greasy spoon was the Deerhead Cafe low down on Edmonton Trail in the N.W. and it wasn't great.  Husky serves up a mediocre breakfast as well but nothing to compare with the Red Top, Nick's in Headingly or the old Paladin.  Did they ever re-build after the fire? 

Oh man, Nick's Inn is the greasy spoon gold standard. Best I found in Calgary so far is Delightful Cafe in Inglewood. Then again, my definition of a good breakfast joint is a place where the food comes fast, the coffee comes faster, and everyone shuts up and leaves me alone

What's Kelsey's?

;)

Paladin has not rebuilt and will not. The fire came shortly after the owner died and the family was not interested in the business, so it does make one wonder.

1886 Café was my favorite breakfast spot when I lived in downtown Cowtown.

Well put. Everyone there seems to be just working 23 hours a day and making money and either planning their next vacation or their retirement in the Okanagan or Nanaimo. Not a lot of people ever put down roots in Calgary.

An interesting statistic: they polled people who were working in Alberta but came from other provinces- over 70% said they would go back home given an opportunity. A very transient society, particularly in southern areas.

I think the only reason people move to Calgary is so that they're only an hour from the mountains.

Not really, it can't be denied that there is a lot of financial opportunity provided by the oil and gas industry in AB.and they give golden opportunities to real ham and eggers who would be near bottom of their class in high school.  In my time in AB. I must have met hundreds of of people who migrated to Calgary and worked their way into plus $100,000 salaries with ungodly benefits but when you got talking to them you couldn't help but be unimpressed with their work history or their intellect.  They're one redeeming virtue was that they were pluggers who got in on the ground floor of a company and kept showing up 5 days a week.  The salary structure in that industry is so out of whack that if you're not making over $80,000 after 5 years you're name must be Stephen Harper.

Not to say there are not bright lights in the upper echelons of these companies because that's the typical progression but for the most part everything below is chock full of pluggers.....make that well-to-do pluggers. 

What's Kelsey's?

;)

Paladin has not rebuilt and will not. The fire came shortly after the owner died and the family was not interested in the business, so it does make one wonder.

The insurance only paid out if they rebuilt.  They didn't benefit from the fire.