Alex Brink named Als starting QB

gbill2004

I still don't understand why Marsh isn't getting a chance?

Perhaps because he's not that good.

Alex Brink is?

At the moment, he probably is. Marsh turned 24 in May and has been in the League for less than a season. He needs to learn the game before getting thrown back into the lions den imo.

Trestman prolonged AC's career, by turning him into more of a 3-5 step passer in the pocket.

In reality, the Als had more, time than just about anyone in the history of football.....to groom a successor.

Adrian McPherson was supposed to be the guy, but got to throw 140 passes....in FIVE years, while AC virtually never left the field.

Massive organizational fail.

If Alex Brink beats the Riders...no matter how.....the Rider board is never going to hear the end of it.

Yup and if he does beat the Riders we will have people on here asking why we ever let him go in the first place :)

Or his slow reads could propel John Chick to a new CFL sack record

Its a toss up really.

Didn't Higgins say that Smith had his best half of football last game? The comment that left the broadcast booth completely puzzled?

I don't know why Marsh isn't given a shot? While also wild he at least gives them a fighting chance.

Methinks Tom Higgins is probably gone before the season ends. If not then certainly this off season. When he said that Smith exceeded expectations at halftime on Friday, I just went what the hell? You can see what the interference of Jim Popp has done to Higgins & the team. This is a head coach who knows he's a dead man walking. He has that deer in the headlights look that I never saw here in Calgary or when he was in Edmonton.

Seriously.. How is tanner marsh being leapfrogged by guys like brink and a cut from another team? This makes absolutely no sense regardless of how long marsh has been an al... I'd be livid and asking for my release or a trade cuz obviously his worth is less then zip. Hadn't smith and crompton only been in the league a short while too?

Not that I give 2 squirts of piss either way but wow that guys getting screwed.. Also, I second the "why oh why did we leave the east.." Comments..

Shocking but with that gongshow in Montreal this year, not really. Marsh isn't very good, prone to interceptions, it's either a big play or interception with Marsh at the helm and maybe they don't want to rush Marsh, Yeah he looked good at times but he looked awful at other times, I dunno, i thought smith looked ok last week, in the first half, he did have lots of drops by his receivers but some were cuz of high throws... Brink? Seriously? Good luck with that, that's all i will say. 

I'll say it again, why oh why did we have to move to the west? 

Because in the long run, it's going to make us a better team . . . and it's where the Winnipeg Blue Bombers belong.

We are a western team. We hang with the Big Dogs now. Not the Sheep in the East. And I agree in the long run better competition will make us a better team & organization. 

.  Brink can at least hit some of those intermediate throws and screens. 

Unless of course you send pressure at him, then he's got nothing. If he has time then yeah Brink can actually play some qb but it's just so easy to defend against him. Blitz the crap out of him and he'll fail. 

I haven't really paid much attention to the Als this year? Is their OL any good?

it doesn't really matter, just send more than they can block. Brink with that big wind up can't handle the heat. 

That's exactly what Brink's biggest achilles heel is, it drove me nuts when he played here.

Montreal will fold yet again if they have more than two seasons of loser teams. Fans in Montreal don't support losers. They barely support winners, unless they are called "the Canadiens". It was a farce how only three thousand would show up for an Expos game. Just ridiculous. We should be back in the East by 2016. Unless they open another expansion franchise in Quebec City or Halifax.

Well the Riders will get a very easy win, they may as well treat it like an exhibition game and rest the main guys.

Montreal has no passion at all on O and are not even close to turning the corner.

They are approaching Burke levels of sadness.

I'd say they are well past anything that was wrong with the Bombers last season.

As far as the game against Sask, the Riders are struggling on offence, and despite the mass amounts of points they have given up, the Alouettes have a pretty solid defence.

Could be a low scoring game if the Alouettes don't turn the ball over, which seems unlikely. I think Garcia can coach up Brink better than he can with Smith, or Marsh. Perhaps why they're turning to Brink in that regard as well.

I think Garcia can coach up Brink better than he can with Smith, or Marsh. Perhaps why they're turning to Brink in that regard as well.

If Garcia can turn that sad sack group of QB's into actual winning QB's then he's worth his weight in gold.

I think he can preach limiting turnovers and managing the game, since they have a fine rushing game when they use it. But that's about all those QB's are probably worth.