Alex Brink named Als starting QB

gbill2004

I'll say it again, why oh why did we have to move to the west? 

Because it offends our delicate prairie sensibilities to be associated with those highfaluting stuffy banker fellows from Toronto or those evil frenchies from Montreal.  We're prairie folk.  Now if you'll excuse me, I need to put my spurs and cowboy hat on and drive my horse to work.

Word is Garcia has a stall with his name on it in the locker rm., no equipment yet,  but a stall nonetheless.  Why would the QB coach need a stall? :rolleyes:

seriously? That's ... unbelievable.

Well they hired two coaches and only fired one, so maybe they're just short an office right now.

i'm betting brink shows up and plays well.. Better then smith any how.. Brink had some good games for us.  And lots of bad games.. But we had a really bad time/coaching staff as well.

My Guess is Garcia likes Brink better, and well, he should know who is better after watching them. 

Then again maybe Garcia is trying to kill off all the competition so he can get back in the game.

Well the Riders will get a very easy win, they may as well treat it like an exhibition game and rest the main guys.

Montreal has no passion at all on O and are not even close to turning the corner.

They are approaching Burke levels of sadness.

I'd say they are well past anything that was wrong with the Bombers last season.

On behalf of the Alouettes, ouch. That was a low blow.

i'm betting brink shows up and plays well.. Better then smith any how.. Brink had some good games for us. And lots of bad games.. But we had a really bad time/coaching staff as well.

My Guess is Garcia likes Brink better, and well, he should know who is better after watching them.

Then again maybe Garcia is trying to kill off all the competition so he can get back in the game.

Brink only showed well when he was not blitzed... He will get smoked in the game.

@CFL_News: Higgins said that #Alouettes are leaning towards using a two-quarterback system, Saturday vs #Riders. #CFL via @DidierRDS

That sounds promising....(place all the lols here)

Interesting....now, if they only had two quarterbacks......

Montreal will fold yet again if they have more than two seasons of loser teams. Fans in Montreal don't support losers. They barely support winners, unless they are called "the Canadiens". It was a farce how only three thousand would show up for an Expos game. Just ridiculous. We should be back in the East by 2016. Unless they open another expansion franchise in Quebec City or Halifax.

IMO, Montreal will be a way bigger problem for the league than Toronto in the next few years.  There's actually some will to keep and house the Argos, in Montreal it will depend entirely on Wetenhall.

Montreal will fold yet again if they have more than two seasons of loser teams. Fans in Montreal don't support losers. They barely support winners, unless they are called "the Canadiens". It was a farce how only three thousand would show up for an Expos game. Just ridiculous. We should be back in the East by 2016. Unless they open another expansion franchise in Quebec City or Halifax.

IMO, Montreal will be a way bigger problem for the league than Toronto in the next few years.  There's actually some will to keep and house the Argos, in Montreal it will depend entirely on Wetenhall.

Wetenhall has a son who's involved with the Als, so they're good for another 30 years as long as their money doesn't run out.

Wetenhall has a son who's involved with the Als, so they're good for another 30 years as long as their money doesn't run out.

Or once they decide they are tired of burning millions of dollars a year.  Hard to bail on a team that's contending perennially for the Grey Cup, we'll see a couple years out of the playoffs and how that affects their enthusiasm to burn money.