Our new jersey

Best mod I have seen so far. Hire this man:

https://twitter.com/39Cads/status/502099408746717184/photo/1

BvfQwHVIMAEf46s.jpg

I saw that one on the feed too.  That's actually better then what I was thinking about.  And I like the gold trim around the W.

Better than the current design (the "gold" comes off as green - intentional?) .. only thing I'd remove are the numbers from the front .. just too busy and out of place.

I'll say, for the record, I don't mind digital camo .. I just feel that Reebok completely missed the boat in terms of branding .. yes the "W" is displayed prominently .. but the colours associated with this club .. are blue and gold .. make an effort to encorporate it into the uniform .. pants .. helmet .. something .. and I've always felt, that if you're going to go digital camo .. just go for it .. something like this would have been nice (just an example of feel - disregard colours):

ARMY-JERSEYS.jpg

Or just the jersey:

gsucamo1.jpg

It would look far better than what we have now.

Is it at all possible, if there is enough disdain for the uniforms, that Reebok "updates" it for next year's game?  I can't see the Bombers, who have poured lots of resources to boast the history of the club be thrilled with having a single-coloured uniform

I can't see this as likely.  Too much money involved in the design and production of something like that to risk doing it again.   Do the minimum that the contract stipulates (whatever that is, wearing it once or twice this year and next), and cut your losses.

Best mod I have seen so far. Hire this man:

https://twitter.com/39Cads/status/502099408746717184/photo/1

BvfQwHVIMAEf46s.jpg

I saw that one on the feed too.  That's actually better then what I was thinking about.  And I like the gold trim around the W.

Better than the current design (the "gold" comes off as green - intentional?) .. only thing I'd remove are the numbers from the front .. just too busy and out of place.

Great job on the pic but while he was Photoshopping it couldn't he have made it Royal Blue? :D

Even the gold around the W is a huge improvement. Actually makes it look like Bomber colours. 

And to think, someone with the Bombers had to give this thing the thumbs up, just disgusting that they are still so out of touch. 

If you read Mike's reply to my post (on page 9 I think) and read between the lines....it sounds like someone may have already been fired over these abominations.

Actually read on the Twitters this morning that the Bombers had no say. Reebok and the CFL designed this, and the teams had no choice...

I call BS...  Toronto said they rejected Reebok's first ideas - that designed changed the Argo colours...

So wait a second. The cost of one of these jerseys is being added to my property tax bill? No? Oh. Wait. The cost of one of these jerseys is going to be passed on to me in the form of an enforcement ticket? No? Oh.

It's not a cash grab. It's options. No one forces it on you. No one makes you buy it. The people that do buy it obviously like it. If it puts an extra buck in the leagues pocket so what

of course it's a cash grab, every time they come up with a new jersey it's a cash grab. Did they need to do new jerseys a couple years ago? No but they can sell more if there's a new style. It's kind of hard to sell a retro jersey from a short time ago so they're going with this crap. I am just sick and tired of seeing ugly jerseys. The ones we wear now are gross, these ones seem like they'll be even grosser. 

Stop giving us crap for a jersey and I bet you grab more cash out of it. 

If by cash grab you mean they are hoping people buy it, then sure.  But the negative connotation of cash grab does not apply here at all.  A cash grab is when photo radar is set up North Bound Kenaston at 7pm with no construction happening and no construction impedment to the roadway and yet the speed limit is artificially reduced due to the invisible construction and people are being picked off for doube fine tickets.  Thats a cash grab.  Thats forcing you to give money in a scenario orchestrated solely with the intent of taking your money in a situation in which you'd otherwise not give it.

Designing new jerseys as part of a league wide marketing effort is not a cash grab. 

Spoken like someone who gets a $400 ticket for going 74 KMH in an 80 zone. I hear you brother. That is a cash grab. Ugly jerseys are just a business propostion that no one has to respond to if they don't like them.

There is no way the CFL would purposefully reduce the merchandise sold from two teams by making the jerseys look ugly.  It isn't like those teams fans are going to buy another teams jerseys.  That would just be throwing money away.

I have heard that other teams, including SK, have had some say.  I've heard the Bombers say they had none.  Don't know if we will find out the truth.

I wonder if this was all decided before the Miller regime took over and they are just trying to distance themselves from it and move on.

Even the gold around the W is a huge improvement. Actually makes it look like Bomber colours.

And to think, someone with the Bombers had to give this thing the thumbs up, just disgusting that they are still so out of touch.

If you read Mike's reply to my post (on page 9 I think) and read between the lines....it sounds like someone may have already been fired over these abominations.

So Wade Miller fired Jeff Bannon because he approved these ugly jerseys?

So Wade Miller fired Jeff Bannon because he approved these ugly jerseys?

sounds like it's possible, seems unlikely it was just over a jersey though. 

Bannon okayed these? You'd think it would have gone right to the top for something like this. Whatever happened to focus groups? Like a group of season hand picked ticket holders get to see the different designs & pick the one they like.

So wait a second. The cost of one of these jerseys is being added to my property tax bill? No? Oh. Wait. The cost of one of these jerseys is going to be passed on to me in the form of an enforcement ticket? No? Oh.

It's not a cash grab. It's options. No one forces it on you. No one makes you buy it. The people that do buy it obviously like it. If it puts an extra buck in the leagues pocket so what

of course it's a cash grab, every time they come up with a new jersey it's a cash grab. Did they need to do new jerseys a couple years ago? No but they can sell more if there's a new style. It's kind of hard to sell a retro jersey from a short time ago so they're going with this crap. I am just sick and tired of seeing ugly jerseys. The ones we wear now are gross, these ones seem like they'll be even grosser. 

Stop giving us crap for a jersey and I bet you grab more cash out of it. 

If by cash grab you mean they are hoping people buy it, then sure.  But the negative connotation of cash grab does not apply here at all.  A cash grab is when photo radar is set up North Bound Kenaston at 7pm with no construction happening and no construction impedment to the roadway and yet the speed limit is artificially reduced due to the invisible construction and people are being picked off for doube fine tickets.  Thats a cash grab.  Thats forcing you to give money in a scenario orchestrated solely with the intent of taking your money in a situation in which you'd otherwise not give it.

Designing new jerseys as part of a league wide marketing effort is not a cash grab. 

Spoken like someone who gets a $400 ticket for going 74 KMH in an 80 zone. I hear you brother. That is a cash grab. Ugly jerseys are just a business propostion that no one has to respond to if they don't like them.

Thats exactly what happened.  Fortunately, my ticket was quashed due to an admin error.  But what really bugs me is driving down Kenaston in the evening and seeing photo radar nailing people.  No construction taking place.  No safety hazzard on the road from the prior construction.  Just a lot people used to going 80 in that zone being nailed for going between 60-80 for no reason.  Further, the radar was set up by IKEA so it was a place where traffic was more likely to get up to speed going North than around the major commercial developments where less traffic would have been going 80 due to congestion and lights.  In short, they specifically targeted people going the speed limit in an area where more people would be going the speed limit.  Theives.

But I digress.

Wouldnt Wade Miller have approved these jerseys?