Is Kent Austin the most "hated" coach in the league?

IC Khari

I think its pre-mature to compare Austin to the Don, the Don is/was a legend and won for many many many years, Austin? what? he won in sask then left, had a good season last year but got absolutely blown out in the grey cup and is struggling this season? Couldn't stand Don Matthews but man to compare him to AUSTIN in any way is just a kick to the Don's legendary balls. 

Although I have no use for Montreal...kind of felt sorry for the Don, sitting on the sidelines by himself, looking forelorn, and that he was on another planet.

Yeah he looked like he could care less, dude should not be "consulting", he should be in Florida relaxing.. I mean jesus the guy looked catatonic at times, at times being every time they showed him. I know he's older but man, he looks like he's not all there any more. 

That was a sad image of Matthews sitting on that chair. Not up in the booth like Schonert. Not on the sidelines with the team. Maybe he brings something to practice still, I don't know. But he isn't contributing during the game. He's 75 years old. Why is he even there?

There is no fairness involved here.

The hiring and showcasing of Mathews is just not a good thing…for anyone.

If he is that heavily medicated they should just let him be.

How much oomph is he going to be able to provide when most of these guys have never heard of him other than in passing?

I prefer to remember his as dynamic, not what we saw yesterday.

At 75, the game should pass him by because he really should be permanently retired. What he is doing in Montreal is just desperation by Jim Popp. Let him live out the remaining years of his life with his family in Oregon in peace. Maybe he needs the money, I don't know. I mean, they didn't force him to come.

Another derailed thread, though why am I surprised.

I think in Austin's case, you can't really blame him for the reaction there.  Team has seen frustratingly close losses with wins escaping them, could just as easily be 4-1 as easily as 1-4.

I know in this league, when a team goes from being contender to down in the shitter in one year, the head coach will often bear the brunt of that, and if he did get let go of after this year is up, wouldn't be too surprised.  But I think throwing him out now would be a mistake.  If the Ticats completely go to waste, then you possibly look at a new direction at HC, but considering the turnover at HC that franchise has suffered, you probably don't want to be firing too many cats off the bat on that team.

Well  TBurgess, we've been through enough turmoil as fans the past few years to last us a lifetime so now it's somebody else's turn. I really have no sympathy for other teams' travails as they had no sympathy for us. We were the league doormats & every other team & fanbase loved to step all over us. Now we can step on them.