Lawless: Trade Glenn January for Canadians

If trading americans for canadians was so easy everyone would do it. This whole idea that at 3-1 the Bombers need to blow it up is ridiculous as well. Even if they do get smoked tonight they're still 3-2 and are still far from being a write off on the season. It's the CFL, **** changes week to week never mind season to season. 

Dumb idea IMHO.  No dumber than a lot of ideas on this forum though.  I don't understand the constant need for some folks to bash the media.  They've got to write X number of words to fill the space.  Every article isn't going to be gold.

Dumb idea IMHO.  No dumber than a lot of ideas on this forum though.  I don't understand the constant need for some folks to bash the media.  They've got to write X number of words to fill the space.  Every article isn't going to be gold.

Find me one of his that are gold?

I think he is a horrible sports personality / writer.  

I cringe when i listen to him on the radio or read is columns..  So much so i don't read his stuff anymore unless there is a discussion on here about it.

He wants to write shitty articles he should get bashed for it same as I'd bash someone writing stupid **** on this forum. 

The chances of trading a starting import for a starting NI are pretty much zero unless it is late in the season and a team needs a decent tackle to solidify a run for the cup. Moreover, I like January's leadership anf if drop another right tackle into Willy's blind side protection, he's going to be pretty much road-kill. But Lawlwss has to fill the page, even if its drivel, and he did get people talking, didn't he? Maybe some of them bought a Free Press.

So Tubthumper's current litmus test for the organization.... is their ability to trade an aging January, from the weakest part of the team....for.some significant and immediate domestic help.  Seen more realistic ideas, in a game of 52 pickup.   Try a dartboard next?

....and yes, I shoot the messenger....when instead of some real Bomber news or actual analysis/insights.....we get this simplistic, lazy and shallow stuff.

"Walters needs to operate in a vacuum and external considerations be damned."

Yes Lawless....finally you understand.

How many times did he take a stab at the bombers needlessly in that article? even going back to 2011....give it a ******* rest already. God damn when will the free press get some sports reporters? I'm glad someone posted the entire article too so we don't have to go to the page and increase his #'s. 

speaking of 'trade'... per Kirk, he heard the Bombers is shopping Suber.

Which makes sense, Suber got hurt and the guy who took his spot is doing fine and they can't get Suber onto the roster if people are healthy. Trade from an area of depth. 

How the hell did he manage to write so much about a trade proposal that makes no sense

Its lawless.. This is his bread and butter... Though, you'd think he had a cup of coffee with Nate prior to this one..

Dumb idea IMHO. No dumber than a lot of ideas on this forum though. I don't understand the constant need for some folks to bash the media. They've got to write X number of words to fill the space. Every article isn't going to be gold.

So one of the biggest media personalities and journalists in thw city is allowed to pen an article with ideas as dumb as seen on a fan forum without ridicule? Come on man, this guy is supposed to be a professional.. And to suggest his idiot ideas are ok because they are on par with stupid ideas on here is quite possibly the worst argument you have ever put forth..

How the hell did he manage to write so much about a trade proposal that makes no sense

Its lawless.. This is his bread and butter... Though, you'd think he had a cup of coffee with Nate prior to this one..

Keep wondering just who... gives who, the material......particularly the drivel,  that pops up on RF.  Like some sort of echo.....

Dumb idea IMHO. No dumber than a lot of ideas on this forum though. I don't understand the constant need for some folks to bash the media. They've got to write X number of words to fill the space. Every article isn't going to be gold.

So one of the biggest media personalities and journalists in thw city is allowed to pen an article with ideas as dumb as seen on a fan forum without ridicule? Come on man, this guy is supposed to be a professional.. And to suggest his idiot ideas are ok because they are on par with stupid ideas on here is quite possibly the worst argument you have ever put forth..

It's actually a pretty good comparison... Lawless is just like a forum poster, except he gets to put his crap in the actual media. He's bi-polar depending on whether the team is coming off a win or a loss, he touts his own ludicrous ideas as the only sensible solution for the teams woes... He never acknowledges being wrong on anything... What's his username I wonder...

No worries.....Lawless can simply regurgitate these brainstorms on the radio....while the rest of the Yahoo 1290 lackeys, tell him what a all-knowing seer, he is.....

Why do people continue to shoot the messenger? There is some accuracy to this article, like it or not. January is at best equal to an average non import tackle. Those that want to wave the all star flag need to review the fact that those awards came when other teams in the east struggled to keep OTs healthy for extended parts of the season. Granted there is something to be said for durability but for a team weak in non imports trading an import for non import ( a rarity granted) is worth consideration.

Yes but no team in their right mind would trade a Canadian for an American on the oline.  Unless of course its a third stringer or some picks.  I see the merit in the trade I just don't see how you could pull it off because as good as January is most teams have better players them him.

Agreed and January is getting up there in age, not sure if he upgrades may teams, January has done well for the Bombers I would say his best attribute is his leadership

I'm not about to defend his entire body of work but I don't see why there is such a backlash about this article.

What I took away from it is that despite the recent success of the Bombers a long term vision is needed for long term success, which may mean trading a valuable International for a decent National on the OL (which is clearly not impossible, despite the opinions of some posters, given that, as Lawless points out, Hall and a pick were recently traded for Neufeld).