Rod Pedersen Rumour: Tillman Courted By Bombers

Noeller

...Too lazy to track down the tweet, but Pedersen (...please take it for what it's worth, 'cause that tool is less than reliable...) is saying there's a persistent rumour that the Bombers are courting Eric "Belt Loops" Tillman to replace Joe Mack.

...This might finally be the thing that sends me over the edge....

No chance.  None.  With all the negative pub the team has generated in the last few years I can't see it.  So I say 0.00000000001% chance.

On the other hand.

He's the only guy really available right now.  None of the "home run hires" are going to leave their teams mid-season.  Nor would the next generation AGM types like the guy in BC. 

Plus,

He did take over Sask mid-season.  Spent the rest of the year evaluating and bringing in new guys.  Then hit the ground running and won the Coupe in '07.

But on the other other hand (or the original hand if you prefer) a lot of bad **** has happened since then.  So 0.000000000001% chance.   

Pedersen said the same thing last year around this time as well.

Penton said in yesterday's Sun that Lyle Bauer is wanting to get back to working in the CFL with his preferred destination being Winnipeg. Doing what I have no idea but no thanks.

Pedersen said the same thing last year around this time as well.

Penton said in yesterday's Sun that Lyle Bauer is wanting to get back to working in the CFL with his preferred destination being Winnipeg. Doing what I have no idea but no thanks.

Saw Lyle is a box at the Stamps/Bombers game.  He wasn't kibitzing and talking business that's for sure.  He was there to watch football. 

First of all. There's no reason to fire Mack mid season. What benefit would that provide over doing it post season? At that time they can go after anyone they want.

The only reason to fire a GM midseason is to stop a guy going crazy gutting a team to desperately try and turn things around. I don't see Mack doing that so there is absolutely no reason to do a mid season firing that will accomplish precisely nothing.