Rod Pedersen Rumour: Tillman Courted By Bombers

Noeller

Anyone see Dunnigan stick it to Mack at half-time ? Ouch. No one came to his defense (which is usually the panel's schtick)

but honestly it really showed some of Dunigans ignorance of the situation. He was ranting about making Goltz the starter and threw out the "this guy couldn't get a sniff of playing time last season ahead of Brink or Elliott etc etc" Which is really not true. Burke put in a package specifically to get Goltz playing time as the year went on and came out and said that Goltz was being kept because he felt he was the better option. So that argument from Dunigan kinda falls flat. Too much over reacting without delving into exactly what went on at the qb position and a lot of anger at Buck not being the starter anymore. He seemed quite against that in the segment they did on it. 

I don't know why people give Mack such a hard time across the board, really the only place he's failed is in the hiring of his coaches, which is a big failing but it's the same old thing, criticise the real problems no need to invent ones. 

Whatever the reasons it translates into a poor win-loss record and ultimately he needs to own that.

Yeah, I'm about as big a Mack booster as there is, and even I can't get past this. He's done a LOT of good for this franchise, when you really look at how Kelly effed us right hard, but the bottom line is someone has to answer for that win/loss record, and it'll ultimately be Mack.

but honestly it really showed some of Dunigans ignorance of the situation. He was ranting about making Goltz the starter and threw out the "this guy couldn't get a sniff of playing time last season ahead of Brink or Elliott etc etc" Which is really not true. Burke put in a package specifically to get Goltz playing time as the year went on and came out and said that Goltz was being kept because he felt he was the better option. So that argument from Dunigan kinda falls flat. Too much over reacting without delving into exactly what went on at the qb position and a lot of anger at Buck not being the starter anymore. He seemed quite against that in the segment they did on it. 

I don't know why people give Mack such a hard time across the board, really the only place he's failed is in the hiring of his coaches, which is a big failing but it's the same old thing, criticise the real problems no need to invent ones.

Just like when Dunigan had brought in all those awesome QB's in Calgary.

Well Dunnigan being hired in Calgary was another example of a hiring based on hype rather than experience and substance. That seems to be a real challenge of teams in this league and those that do the hiring. Stability breeds continuity and success. When there is no succession planning in a team, organization or business there is no continuity, no stability and no success. Management 101 .

smh.

Smh? Translation please

Shake

My

Head

He's calling Dave a homer, because he doesn't understand how bad the team was when Mack took over. Kelly left this team as bad or worse than it was after Reinebold. #Fact

Well. let's take a look at that statement, as to coaching.

And I'm giving Barker all kinds of credit  here for stepping out and hiring Miianovich and Jones as their coaches.

Imagine that pair in Blue and Gold and for sure you would see a different direction in the fates of those respective teams.

Dunigan's argument was Pierce should have been replaced in the offseason, not now. I 100% agree with that. The part about Goltz was way off though.

Mack's failings have to include an OL that is below average or worse at 4 out of 5 spots. Shannon Boatmen being the best import RT he can come up with after 4 years is a huge failing.

Dunigan's argument was Pierce should have been replaced in the offseason, not now. I 100% agree with that. The part about Goltz was way off though.

Mack's failings have to include an OL that is below average or worse at 4 out of 5 spots. Shannon Boatmen being the best import RT he can come up with after 4 years is a huge failing.

Not to mention our import DB's have regressed at an alarming level.

is boatman the best though? or was it some other reason that he's still starting? Same with Morley. See I am leaning towards the coaches not using the players properly on offense more than anything right now rather than choosing to believe that we can't recruit players properly. There's more evidence to support my side of the argument than the other one honestly. That's not downplaying anything here either. Poor coaches is pretty much the biggest mistake going because that trickles down into every other aspect of the onfield product. 

I freely admit that I was a Mack supporter until the 2011-2012 off season, where I started questioning what Mack was doing.

Mack has not improved our offensive line, which every season starts off the same way. The QB position is essentially in limbo, no matter how many Goltz fans there are this week.

IMO though Mack's biggest fault, and I'm not sure how many times I should point this out, but it has to be his arrogance in believeing he can find replacable talent, and greatly undervaluing leadership but more importantly CFL game experience. Our NI talent is leaps and bounds ahead of where it was during the Taman era and Kelly debacle, but that's about it.

Mack needs to be let go off at the end of the year.

the overall depth is better not just the NI depth. 

But we keep losing so how is that better? Maybe our NI depth is betterthan before  but to me it just means the NI depth & American depth  as well as the coaching is better than ours too. We're just spinning our wheels.