Roster Cut Discussion

Mike

Darrin Bauming @DarrinBauming 45s

#Bombers rep clarifies that none of the 11 released today will be asked to join the practice roster.

So then process of elimination, practice roster would be ... Browning, Dumas, Bolton, Everett, a couple import OL, Fraser, Kemp ... or something like that?

It's tough to say when there are still too many guys here. What do we do with all of the import db's?

That's a surprise to me.  Thought Jaymar Johnson showed enough to be given a PR spot.

he dropped a ton of passes in game 1, receivers who can't catch tend not to be worth much. 

I am a bit disappointed in cutting Hall now, I think that was a move that could have waited until you make damned sure you're other backups are for real but whatever I know why they did it... I just don't have to like it. Guy makes one mistake compared to the other and he's out that's a risky way of running your team.

That's a surprise to me. Thought Jaymar Johnson showed enough to be given a PR spot.

he dropped a ton of passes in game 1, receivers who can't catch tend not to be worth much.

I am a bit disappointed in cutting Hall now, I think that was a move that could have waited until you make damned sure you're other backups are for real but whatever I know why they did it... I just don't have to like it. Guy makes one mistake compared to the other and he's out that's a risky way of running your team.

One mistake? He made the same mistake several times last year on top of the noodle arm

Watching the presser ... O'Shea just had an interesting response to the question about Mark Dell.

What did he say about Dell??

They asked him if Dell was in future plans (i.e. PR) at all and he said no and then said they basically didn't manage things properly and brought him in too close to cutdown day to even give him a chance.

Watching the presser ... O'Shea just had an interesting response to the question about Mark Dell.

What did he say about Dell??

They asked him if Dell was in future plans (i.e. PR) at all and he said no and then said they basically didn't manage things properly and brought him in too close to cutdown day to even give him a chance.

Seems weird.  So why not give him a chance on the PR?

The most exciting part in all of this is that the current staff determined that the 3 QBs they brought in here during the offseason are better than our starting QB last year. Hope that's actually the case.

Me too, though we aren't exactly talking about a high bar here. We could have started a Jugs machine behind center this year and it would have been an upgrade.

I have a question about PR spots.  

With it being said previously that the 11 cut will not be joining the PR, how does it work?

Does staff go to the player and say "Look, we like you a lot, but we just don't have a spot for you.... but if you want to stick around on the PR we might find a spot for you?"

If this is how brass really felt, Hall never stood a chance - Not that that's a bad thing...

As per @BobIrvingCJOB #Bombers QB Brian Brohm moved up the depth chart to #2 in training camp & brass feel he is a Danny Mac clone. #CFL

A Danny Mac clone?  If he's going to be on any posters we should get him a more form-fitting girdle flack-jacket than what Dmac had.

I would like to apologize to Mr. McManus for this and all future cheap jokes at his expense.

That's a surprise to me.  Thought Jaymar Johnson showed enough to be given a PR spot.

I don't mind it. Allows the young guys to rise to the occasion and get more reps in practice. Shows confidence the brass has in our young quarterbacks. 

I don't mind it. Allows the young guys to rise to the occasion and get more reps in practice. Shows confidence the brass has in our young quarterbacks. 

Retaining Hall and losing either Brohm or Marve in the process is not good. Plus how do you keep Hall if he's not #2?